Netflix human recommendations

rosy

Re: Netflix human recommendations

Post by rosy »

I've read the book so I know how it turns out, but so far so good.
It’s like a normal midlife crisis only with more chandeliers and foreign languages.
Morganna

Post by Morganna »

I can recommend Loudermilk, if anyone hasn't seen it. It's a series. I caught some of it years ago when we first got Prime, but it dropped off before I got to the end. It's a black comedy about an AA type group meeting in a community centre, and is very funny. It's on Netflix now.
Marth
Location: London - but not by the sea. Nowhere near it in fact.

Post by Marth »

Morganna wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 6:49 pm I can recommend Loudermilk, if anyone hasn't seen it. It's a series. I caught some of it years ago when we first got Prime, but it dropped off before I got to the end. It's a black comedy about an AA type group meeting in a community centre, and is very funny. It's on Netflix now.
Sounds good
Malan
emma_p

Post by emma_p »

I watched all three episodes of You Are What You Eat: a Twin Experiment on Netflix this afternoon and it was so interesting. I’m definitely going to cook more vegan meals!
Turtle Bean

Post by Turtle Bean »

I enjoyed Loudermilk too.
Hobbes

Post by Hobbes »

I’m two episodes into Fool me once and enjoying it so far!
ParisGal

Post by ParisGal »

Loudermilk isn't on our Netflix :(
Hazey_Jane

Post by Hazey_Jane »

Society of the Snow, a Spanish language dramatization of the Uruguayan plane crash in 1972, with the events in the story narrated by one of the survivors.

I’m fascinated by this story and have read so much about it. This is so well done and feels very realistic. It’s grim, it’s tough - way more brutal than Alive from 1993- but utterly brilliant.
ParisGal

Post by ParisGal »

Ah that was promoted to us on netflix and I didn't see beyond the tagline and thought it sounded peculiarly close to the 72 accident :lol:
Kleio

Post by Kleio »

I might give that a watch. Initially I just wondered why they’d remade Alive as it was such a good telling of the story already.
bramblerose

Post by bramblerose »

Hobbes wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 1:51 pm I’m two episodes into Fool me once and enjoying it so far!
I think we are 4 episodes in and I'm not sure about it.

They are all annoying me being fast and loose with all their "clues"
Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either, just fuck off and leave me alone.
Hazey_Jane

Post by Hazey_Jane »

Kleio wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 8:01 pm I might give that a watch. Initially I just wondered why they’d remade Alive as it was such a good telling of the story already.
Do. It’s better than Alive, grittier and with a more realistic feel to it. (And a bit more about the importance of religion and rugby in it too, which I’m sure the survivors have said helped them to survive, discipline and teamwork) Nando Parrado is highly complimentary about it.
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

Fool Me Once was very twisty and quite ridiculous but incredibly bingeable. I finished it off last night.
Marth
Location: London - but not by the sea. Nowhere near it in fact.

Post by Marth »

I'm enjoying Loudermilk a lot but keep getting massively distracted by his stepped eyebrows.
Malan
Turtle Bean

Post by Turtle Bean »

His eyebrows are remarkable aren't they. We just started the 3rd series last night, I hadn't realised there was one.
Morganna

Post by Morganna »

Oh yes. I've just noticed them now you've pointed it out #observant :)) They're very odd, on all levels.
Hobbes

Post by Hobbes »

Pippedydeadeye wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 10:27 am Fool Me Once was very twisty and quite ridiculous but incredibly bingeable. I finished it off last night.
Agreed, I’ve finished it now and we did enjoy it. The character decisions often annoyed me, but that’s the same of most things I watch nowadays :lol:
Dandelion

Post by Dandelion »

“Such Brave Girls” on iPlayer - just blitzed all six episodes of this ‘gross out sitcom’. Ali Plumb mentioned it on Radio 1 this evening and it sounded right up my street. If you want laugh out loud funny and brutal then this certainly fits the bill. :lol:
Turtle Bean

Post by Turtle Bean »

I enjoyed Food Me Once too. I also read the book a while back but couldn't remember a single thing about it aside from the nanny cam. I like the chap who played the detective. He is quirky to watch but interesting. I can see how he might annoy some people though. He was in Utopia, wasn't he.
Estrella

Post by Estrella »

Continuing in my theme of Netflix sports documentaries I’ve watched the one about the World Cup and am now watching series 2 of Match Point.