Netflix human recommendations

Ruby

Re: Netflix human recommendations

Post by Ruby »

Turtle Bean wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2023 7:20 pm Has anyone watched the Twin Flames documentary on Netflix?
Watched it, loved it.
Lily
Picker-Lily

Post by Lily »

Twin Flames was also a podcast. The insanity is just off the scale. I complained about the podcast because the cult tried to "trans" one woman and the podcast made a big point of saying "some lesbians have penises".
"You first have to find out who you are. Then you have to be it like mad."

My blog, if you are bored
Dutchie

Post by Dutchie »

Rosa wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2023 6:25 pm I watched the Robbie thing, and veered between feeling sad for him, and annoyed as he was a bit of a whiny baby. Also, put on some trousers!
I watched it too but it just made me like him more. It made me feel sad for him but also pleased that he has found the love of his life. He seems like a lovely dad too. I did really feel like handing him a pair of trousers though! Also, he's not aging particularly gracefully.

Currently watching the Bletchley Circle San Francisco and next on my list is the new season of the Crown. Or Nyad.
Kleio

Post by Kleio »

Talk To Me is an Australian horror on Netflix and I'd definitely recommend it

The pacing is a bit off in places but there's some jump scares, some gore and some scenes that really leave you thinking. The young actors are bloody brilliant but I did guess most of the ending.
Little My

Post by Little My »

Ooh, I might give that a try, Kleio.

We watched the first episode of the new Crown. God it was boring.
lazzbo

Post by lazzbo »

The Twin Flames series has blown my mind after 1 episode. Who the fuck would listen to anything that weirdo said?!
Tabitha

Post by Tabitha »

lazzbo wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2023 11:34 am The Twin Flames series has blown my mind after 1 episode. Who the fuck would listen to anything that weirdo said?!
My extremely mellow husband was moved to speculate how it would feel punching Jeff in the face, "pretty good" we thought. It's honestly astonishing to me how gullible people can be, especially when those two are bragging about their wealth. I mean, where do their followers think that came from?
Luce

Post by Luce »

God, I actually hate him. I'm only on episode 2. But how does his wife/gf/whatever put up with that? I'm scared to watch to the end in case he isn't in prison.
lazzbo

Post by lazzbo »

Tabitha wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2023 11:46 am
lazzbo wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2023 11:34 am The Twin Flames series has blown my mind after 1 episode. Who the fuck would listen to anything that weirdo said?!
My extremely mellow husband was moved to speculate how it would feel punching Jeff in the face, "pretty good" we thought. It's honestly astonishing to me how gullible people can be, especially when those two are bragging about their wealth. I mean, where do their followers think that came from?
Absolute madness, no? Him congratulating Sheleia on wearing all Chanel. :woteva:

I would very much like J to punch him. God, he's unbearable. How do these freak cult leaders manage to ti find so many fragile people to manipulate? It's almost impressive.
Turtle Bean

Post by Turtle Bean »

Watch Shaleia's eyes as the series goes on. More and more dead. He's an abuser for sure.
lazzbo

Post by lazzbo »

:eek: I've watched a LORRA cult documentaries in my time but that really was the weirdest one ever, I think. I genuinely did not predict what it would all turn into.

Yep, he's abusing her and someone on another website said that he was pretty sure he'd end up abusing his child. :(
Turtle Bean

Post by Turtle Bean »

Well there was something about the child only being allowed to have sex with god, and since he thinks he is god...

What got me was how absolutely crap he was at hiding his motivations yet people still fell for it!

I watched a really interesting you tube video though the other day about the way some businesses operate like cults.
lazzbo

Post by lazzbo »

Turtle Bean wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2023 1:20 pm What got me was how absolutely crap he was at hiding his motivations yet people still fell for it!
Right? It honestly befuddled me. And I know Keely brought her sister Marlee into it, but why didn't Marlee run a thousand miles away after the initial Zoom? It's not like she was pining for a lost love/"twin flame" and that's ALL it was about at the beginning?

Paula, Stephanie's twin, broke my heart. :(
Luna

Post by Luna »

I just finished all the light you cannot see and absolutely loved it. The Guardian slated it but they can fuck off. I thought it was gorgeous.
sally maclennane

Post by sally maclennane »

Ooh I keep meaning to watch that. The Guardian are always so mealy mouthed about stuff, they couldn't find the good in anything.
Christ on a bendy bus son, don't be such a fucking faff arse
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

I really enjoyed it too, I wasn't going to bother after the Guardian review but then saw people enjoyed it on here and thought I'd give it a go, and it was lovely, charming and beautiful to look at. I could pick holes in it for sure but didn't care, it was absorbing and entertaining, plus it has Jonas from Dark in it and I have strong maternal feelings for that boy. :)) And Mark Ruffalo's accent was definitely weird but he was the best dad. :love2:
Protected by the ejaculation of serpents
Dutchie

Post by Dutchie »

How can you not like ATLWCS?

I need some new Netflix tips - I have watched the above, Robbie Williams, the Crown, Beef and now I am a bit lost as to what I should watch next...
Hazey_Jane

Post by Hazey_Jane »

I raced through Escaping Twin Flames at the weekend and loved it Dutchie if that’s your king of thing?

I’m also rewatching Call My Agent which I watched in January/ February 2021 and it’s just as wonderful as I remember it. You’re bit of a Francophile so I’d say give it a whirl
Rebel Pebble

Post by Rebel Pebble »

Just finished the three part documentary Exposed, about the Luna Park Ghost Train fire in Sydney. Bloody hell. Incredible investigation and just shocking what it uncovered. It's long but worth it.

I think it dates back to 2021 on ABC but has only just appeared on Netflix.
rosy

Post by rosy »

Rebel Pebble wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 10:07 pm Just finished the three part documentary Exposed, about the Luna Park Ghost Train fire in Sydney. Bloody hell. Incredible investigation and just shocking what it uncovered. It's long but worth it.

I think it dates back to 2021 on ABC but has only just appeared on Netflix.
Thanks for the recommendation; I've just watched the first part of this and it's hard going but a story that needs to be told.
It’s like a normal midlife crisis only with more chandeliers and foreign languages.