Netflix human recommendations

Kenickie
Kenneth Attenborough

Re: Netflix human recommendations

Post by Kenickie »

I'm on series three. It is a bit heartbreaking but I love it.
If your back's against the wall, turn around and write on it.
Ella77

Post by Ella77 »

I keep having to take breaks from This Is Us.

I can’t remember if it’s free or pay because it’s on Netflix too so I don’t pay for it there, but Grace & Frankie is quite charming in a low-stakes way. I hated TMMM despite wanting to like it.
Duophonic

Post by Duophonic »

I watched The Platform a few weeks ago and really rate it if you're (one) is into gory horror.

The 2nd series of After Life is on.
BRING ON THE TRUMPETS!

Princess Clacky Thing
Lily
Picker-Lily

Post by Lily »

Luce wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 12:13 am T can watch almost anything violent but he could barely handle Kajaki. That film is brutal! :lol:
This absolutely killed me. It wasn't long after I'd fallen in love with a guy who'd lost a leg in Afghanistan by stepping on an IUD and I wound up on the floor sobbing my eyes out. What bravery though!

I've just seen a rather good gentle ghost film called Widow's Walk on Amazon.
"You first have to find out who you are. Then you have to be it like mad."

My blog, if you are bored
bramblerose

Post by bramblerose »

We've just started The Durrells...years behind everyone else but it's easy viewing. I may shout at the entitledness of them all but I love Keeley Hawes
Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either, just fuck off and leave me alone.
Duophonic

Post by Duophonic »

We started Gangs of London last night. It's very violent. 😳

Tons of great reviews online.
BRING ON THE TRUMPETS!

Princess Clacky Thing
Squirrel

Post by Squirrel »

I watched the documentary about Hasidic Jews last night. I found it very upsetting.

We’re going to start Afterlife S2 and I need something a bit more lighthearted as well, but I’m not in the mood for Too Hot To Handle. I’ll have. A look through the thread but in the meantime if anything immediately springs to mind let me know.
Lily
Picker-Lily

Post by Lily »

It's not on Netflix but I've absolutely adored Ghosts on iPlayer. I avoided it initially as I disapprove of making fun of the supernatural but it's completely brilliant. I've watched some episodes twice already. It made me realise I need more laughter in my viewing!

Duophonic

Post by Duophonic »

Ghosts is great. I'm intrigued as to why you disapprove?
BRING ON THE TRUMPETS!

Princess Clacky Thing
Squirrel

Post by Squirrel »

I’ll have a look at that, thank you!
Squirrel

Post by Squirrel »

bramblerose wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 9:39 am We've just started The Durrells...years behind everyone else but it's easy viewing. I may shout at the entitledness of them all but I love Keeley Hawes
I enjoyed this too, I got out of the habit of watching it and missed the later ones.
sally maclennane

Post by sally maclennane »

I quite fancy Gangs of London too, Duo, although I am not great with violence.
Christ on a bendy bus son, don't be such a fucking faff arse
Lily
Picker-Lily

Post by Lily »

Duophonic wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 9:55 am Ghosts is great. I'm intrigued as to why you disapprove?
Because I expect and want to be scared by ghosts, not to laugh. It comes from when my mum gave me The Canterville Ghost when I was small. I was so excited but I took it back to her and complained it hadn't frightened me. Ghosts however has enlightened me.

Perhaps it's fear of disappointment rather than disapproval if I unpick it. For me it's like being invited to a dinner party and having Macdonald's served up on a plate.

Duophonic

Post by Duophonic »

sally maclennane wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 11:13 am I quite fancy Gangs of London too, Duo, although I am not great with violence.
I'm not a fan of gangs and their stories. I've never watched The Godfather for example but this is very lavish and arresting. I read a review where it was likened to GoT in scale. We've only watched the first episode which is feature length.
BRING ON THE TRUMPETS!

Princess Clacky Thing
Hobbes

Post by Hobbes »

bramblerose wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 9:39 am We've just started The Durrells...years behind everyone else but it's easy viewing. I may shout at the entitledness of them all but I love Keeley Hawes
I’ve recently started this too, I do love the coziness of it, and agree that Keeley is great.
sally maclennane

Post by sally maclennane »

Duophonic wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 11:44 am
sally maclennane wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 11:13 am I quite fancy Gangs of London too, Duo, although I am not great with violence.
I'm not a fan of gangs and their stories. I've never watched The Godfather for example but this is very lavish and arresting. I read a review where it was likened to GoT in scale. We've only watched the first episode which is feature length.
Sounds good, I might give it a go!
Christ on a bendy bus son, don't be such a fucking faff arse
ParisGal

Post by ParisGal »

Hobbes wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 11:53 am
I’ve recently started this too, I do love the coziness of it, and agree that Keeley is great.
I started this and really expected to love it, as I have very fond childhood memories of the books and Brian Blessed TV series. But I really disliked all the characters except for Mrs. Durrell, who would have had to have been about 14 when she had her first child :ella: Maybe if I rewatched or read the original versions now I'd feel the same way about them too?
Lily
Picker-Lily

Post by Lily »

I didn't like the new series at all. I love the Hannah Gordon version and the books still make me roar with laughter.

Tits McGee
Topaz Titanium

Post by Tits McGee »

Not Netflix, but has anyone been watching Devs on iPlayer? It's a sci-fi thriller type thing and not what I'd usually go for, but I quite liked it.
I've got ham, but I'm not a hamster
ParisGal

Post by ParisGal »

Lily wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 1:35 pm I didn't like the new series at all. I love the Hannah Gordon version and the books still make me roar with laughter.
That's reassuring, I was worried I might re-read and find I hated them all in the books too :))