Netflix human recommendations

Margo

Re: Netflix human recommendations

Post by Margo »

The Queen's Gambit is the most beautiful, stylish and entertaining series I’ve seen in a very very long time.

The sets, clothes and actors were perfect, and the story was absolutely gripping.

You really must watch it!
Morganna

Post by Morganna »

Derek Nimmo wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 6:36 pm The Trial of The Chicago7 - a made for Netflix film by Aron Sorkin, some very unsubtle parallels drawn to 2020, and very entertaining to boot.
I loved this. Mark Rylance was excellent.

I saw the first episode of the Hugh Grant and Nicole Kidman thing last night, and I enjoyed that, too. I was surprised that there was only one episode, as I was prepared for a binge. I assume the next one will be out soon, and I'm looking forward to it. The Queen's Gambit is on the list.

The Crown is back on 15 November, too :bounce:.
Turtle Bean

Post by Turtle Bean »

I've just finished watching The Bureau of Magical Things. It's an Australian series, directed at early teens I think but I enjoyed it so much. Sweet, fluffy and funny.
H1ppychick

Post by H1ppychick »

I’ve just had a quick call with my mum in response to a photo I sent her of me in a short(er) wig which I was trying on for style in advance of a haircut. She said I reminded me of her teachers from the 50s, so maybe I won’t go with the shorter cut I was contemplating having tomorrow.

Any road up, she told me she’s been using my Netflix (on an Amazon Fire TV stick on my account that has been installed on her TV for about 3 years without previous use) and that she’d watched Emily In Paris, who she described as “getting a lot of action”. This is my mum who f-bombed in our last conversation for the first time ever. She is oldageing into a bit of a broad, I approve.
bramblerose

Post by bramblerose »

That's funny hippy, my mum called my brother knobhead yesterday 😯. I mean it's true but it's not something I thought she'd call him.
Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either, just fuck off and leave me alone.
Hobbes

Post by Hobbes »

Margo wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 10:04 pm The Queen's Gambit is the most beautiful, stylish and entertaining series I’ve seen in a very very long time.

The sets, clothes and actors were perfect, and the story was absolutely gripping.

You really must watch it!
We are only two episodes in so far, but I agree, the storyline is so compelling, we are hooked!
Little My

Post by Little My »

Beatrix wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 9:51 pm Holidate is well worth a watch for superficial fluff, it’s been done pretty well for its genre.
Oh that is moving to the top of my list now that halloween spookiness is behind me.
FiveO'Clock

Post by FiveO'Clock »

It's now on the top of my list too. I need more superficial fluff!

I've started watching The Hookup Plan. I like it, but I seem to like everything French.
Luna

Post by Luna »

Holiday is harmless fun.
Rhodonite

Post by Rhodonite »

New Netflix Christmas movies coming this year:

https://graziadaily.co.uk/life/tv-and-f ... as-movies/
bramblerose

Post by bramblerose »

We've just finished The Queen's Gambit. I absolutely loved it.
Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either, just fuck off and leave me alone.
Shoe

Post by Shoe »

It was great, wasn't it.
Chicky

Post by Chicky »

Sister Sister, Moesha and Dawson’s Creek are all on Netflix (or coming soon) :disco:
Luce

Post by Luce »

Oh. My. God. That is EVERYTHING I need for Lockdown 2.0 :disco:
Figaro

Post by Figaro »

Dawson’s creek!!!!
Ella77

Post by Ella77 »

I think this is HBO, not Netflix, but I’ve only watched one episode of The Undoing so far, and I really like it. Nicole Kidman, Hugh Grant, loads of other people. (It’s not searchable, so sorry if others have already mentioned it.)
smalex

Post by smalex »

I really want to watch that, its got really good reviews
emma_p

Post by emma_p »

It’s by the same people as Big Little Lies, isn’t it?

It’s available on Sky but I think there are only a few episodes available and I’m saving it for a binge-watch.
AshleyX

Post by AshleyX »

Oh, the Undoing looks brilliant, thanks Ella. I’m definitely going to watch that.

I loved the Queen’s Gambit, too, it was just brilliant. Found the Holidate completely unwatchable - terrible script, terrible acting, I was just embarrassed by it. I love cheese, normally.
Hobbes

Post by Hobbes »

Ella77 wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 9:03 am I think this is HBO, not Netflix, but I’ve only watched one episode of The Undoing so far, and I really like it. Nicole Kidman, Hugh Grant, loads of other people. (It’s not searchable, so sorry if others have already mentioned it.)
We have just watched the first two episodes of that, and I’m definitely gripped.

God though, watching things that are one episode a week is hard! :lol: