Netflix human recommendations

sally maclennane

Re: Netflix human recommendations

Post by sally maclennane »

We finished the second series of You the other night, it was a bit ridiculous but also quite enjoyable. Apparently they are making a third series but I think they may be pushing it.

Sex Education series 2 starts next week so I'm looking forward to that.
Christ on a bendy bus son, don't be such a fucking faff arse
Shoe

Post by Shoe »

I can't wait for the next series of that either, Sal.
Glint

Post by Glint »

Thanks for the SE heads up, I need it to fill my Pose and New Amsterdam hole.

The second series of Zumbo's Just Desserts is now available.
emma_p

Post by emma_p »

Following on with my DC-themed movies from 2019 - we watched The Report with Adam Driver :love: last night which is on Amazon. S loves this genre of film and it was really good although quite hard going in some scenes. Would recommend though.
olive
Really Creepy

Post by olive »

Shoe wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 7:58 pm I'm obsessively watching Cheer at the moment.
A friend of mine is absolutely raving about this!

Mr O and I are watching The Witcher - he’s way more into it than I am and I’m also watching the second series of You. I love it so far but am very nervous for everyone. :panic: Apart from Love. I’m actually hoping he’ll kill her. :look:
Marth
Location: London - but not by the sea. Nowhere near it in fact.

Post by Marth »

I'm very happy there is a new series of SE. I'm going to save the episodes for my flight to Venice.
Malan
Princess Morripov

Post by Princess Morripov »

We’ve been watching the Aaron Hernandez doc series on Netflix and it’s really interesting despite neither of us having any interest in American football.
Princess Morripov

Post by Princess Morripov »

Also for really childish lighthearted tv, Impractical Jokers is hilarious. It’s probably been on there for ages as there are 4 series.
sally maclennane

Princess Morripov wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 9:21 am We’ve been watching the Aaron Hernandez doc series on Netflix and it’s really interesting despite neither of us having any interest in American football.
We started watching this last might, its fascinating! I know nothing about American football, J has a passing interest in it, but he'd never heard of this case.

We have one more to watch.
Shoe

Post by Shoe »

I need to mention that to S, he does actually like and watch American football so would probably be interested.

I binged the whole of Cheer super fast and by the end of it has both S and his son totally sucked in too. :lol: I am now stalking several of them on insta.
Turtle Bean

Post by Turtle Bean »

I want to watch that Aaron Hernandez doc too. We have finished Lost in Space which I didn't enjoy as much as the first series and honestly I will be surprised if it gets another. We started Treadstone last night. It's ok. We're also struggling a bit with the second series of Titans. A few of the male characters have turned into whiny babies and I can't be bothered. I'm sick of stories about male angst.

I'm still enjoying the Bonfire of the Vanities though. I'm three episodes in now and it's really good. Poor Rose! I like how her burns leave most of her pretty face untouched though.
ParisGal

Post by ParisGal »

Turtle Bean wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 12:32 pm I'm still enjoying the Bonfire of the Vanities though. I'm three episodes in now and it's really good. Poor Rose! I like how her burns leave most of her pretty face untouched though.
:lol: Yet also a dead ringer for X :))
Beena

Post by Beena »

I've been binge watching Atypical with Bambs and Jen Jason Leigh's face is fascinating.
Turtle Bean

Post by Turtle Bean »

Is that the young girl, Beena? I don't particularly like the series but I also find her face fascinating.
Squirrel

Post by Squirrel »

I can't wait to watch Cheer!

I suddenly remembered Friends From College, which I started watching and then forgot about it. Probably because it was one of the things I watched on my own when Mr. S was abroad a lot, now he isn't. Anyway :blah:, did anyone watch all of this, is it worth me going back to it?
Ella77

Post by Ella77 »

I loved it. I wish it hadn’t been cancelled.
Squirrel

Post by Squirrel »

Does it get to the end of the series, at least? I hate it when they cancel good things :verm:. I will re-watch, thank you Ella.

I think I only watched a couple of episodes so may as well start from the beginning.
Luce

Post by Luce »

Same, both loving it and wishing it wasn't cancelled.
sally maclennane

Turtle Bean wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 12:56 pm Is that the young girl, Beena? I don't particularly like the series but I also find her face fascinating.
JJL is the mum. I like Atypical, I think it's a good representation of autism although I know there was some criticism that the lead actor does not have autism.
sally maclennane

Turtle Bean wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 12:56 pm Is that the young girl, Beena? I don't particularly like the series but I also find her face fascinating.
JJL is the mum. I like Atypical, I think it's a good representation of autism although I know there was some criticism that the lead actor does not have autism.