Netflix human recommendations

Derek Nimmo

Re: Netflix human recommendations

Post by Derek Nimmo »

Well, so she says - I read that she claims to have had it during her wedding, but from the clips I've seen she looks on tip-top super-bitch form for it to me :ballet:
Chicky

Post by Chicky »

Yes I read that too. I'm sure it's true and nothing to do with her being a massive drama queen :fish:
sally maclennane

Post by sally maclennane »

We've watched a few of the Dirty Money documentaries - Trump, Kushner, the VW one (that was a bit dull) the Maple Syrup one (WTF!) and the pay day loan one - latter was very good but very depressing.
Christ on a bendy bus son, don't be such a fucking faff arse
baargain
The Baarometer of Style

Post by baargain »

I think there is one on conservatorships (or whatever Britney is under), its alarming, and you can see why she could be trapped.
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

I've just watched the first episode of Indian Matchmaking and may never go to bed tonight. :))
Protected by the ejaculation of serpents
Disco

Post by Disco »

That's on my list but I am binge watching Below Deck first.
Estrella

Post by Estrella »

I’ve been watching Lenox Hill which is a fairly interesting behind the scenes documentary in a NYC hospital.
olive
Really Creepy

Post by olive »

Mountain Goat wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 10:45 pm I've just watched the first episode of Indian Matchmaking and may never go to bed tonight. :))
:lol: my friend’s mum has been watching and had so many questions/ comments she asked for my number to talk to about it directly.
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

:lol: Good luck. :))

I am gripped by the woman who, upon being asked if sense of humour was important, said "why would he need a sense of humour? What's the point?"
Derek Nimmo

Post by Derek Nimmo »

Has anyone else watched the second series of Dirty John (about the Broderick divorce / murders) yet? I've just finished it and am about to disappear down the Google rabbit hole to find out more...
Smunder Woman
Consciously Unbellended

Post by Smunder Woman »

My friend has watched it and said she was gripped but disturbed. She has advised me to leave it a while given current emotional state :)) She did mention that she'd Googled a lot, and that seemed to contradict much of what was portrayed in the series.
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

We're watching it after we've finished our current programme and now I'm a bit scared. :))
Derek Nimmo

Post by Derek Nimmo »

It is really absorbing - Amanda Peet does an amazing job as the lead character - but I didn't find it too disturbing. Maybe I'm just totally unfeeling :look:
Derek Nimmo

Post by Derek Nimmo »

I'm going through an insomniac phase at the moment, so 2.30am found me watching Oprah's multiple interviews with both Betty and her kids - quite a different perspective / narrative.
rosy

Post by rosy »

Not Netflix but I can recommend The Disappearance which was on BBC4 - 8 episodes about the disappearance of a teenage girl in Lyon. It’s in French with subtitles. It’s on iPlayer or catchup.

Everybody is chic and beautiful (and Romain’s jaw is so chiselled it should be illegal) and they eat junk food and have sex all the time but are still thin and stylish. It’s really gripping. I did not guess the murderer at all, not even by analysing their hair. :))
It’s like a normal midlife crisis only with more chandeliers and foreign languages.
ParisGal

Post by ParisGal »

We really enjoyed that too, rosy. Alix Poisson is fantastic, although she's getting a bit like Olivia Coleman - in every drama that's made :))
rosy

Post by rosy »

She’s very good. And Lyon looked absolutely beautiful too.
It’s like a normal midlife crisis only with more chandeliers and foreign languages.
Flora Poste

Post by Flora Poste »

Very late to the party, but I've just started watching Selling Sunset. I'm loving it - it really reminds me of The Hills.
Mayday

Post by Mayday »

My kids are really enjoying Tiny Creatures at the moment.
Disco

Post by Disco »

Flora Poste wrote: Mon Aug 24, 2020 10:10 am Very late to the party, but I've just started watching Selling Sunset. I'm loving it - it really reminds me of The Hills.
I love it too. I've sped through it in the last week and am on season three now. It's great.