Netflix human recommendations

Estrella

Re: Netflix human recommendations

Post by Estrella »

And as a result of watching Quarterback I am now fully invested in NFL and spent 3.5 hours watching a game on TV yesterday.
lazzbo

Post by lazzbo »

I loved Quarterback!

I watched Good Grief, a film by Dan Levy on Friday, and really liked it. Touching, funny.
Kleio

Post by Kleio »

I finished the second series of Big Boys last night. It was so lovely. It makes me sob and laugh at the same time.
rosy

Post by rosy »

I watched American Nightmare last night. It’s very well done.

If you don’t already know of the case I would suggest watching it without looking for spoilers and see who you believe, and whether that changes as you watch more.
It’s like a normal midlife crisis only with more chandeliers and foreign languages.
Ruby

Post by Ruby »

rosy wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 12:41 pm I watched American Nightmare last night. It’s very well done.

If you don’t already know of the case I would suggest watching it without looking for spoilers and see who you believe, and whether that changes as you watch more.
YES. I knew about the initial case and the initial theory but didn't know what came later.
Little My

Post by Little My »

Ooh, I'm excited to watch this. Right up my street.
Princess Morripov

Post by Princess Morripov »

I’ve just watched it today and really enjoyed it. I want to say more but cannot say anything that is not spoilery :))
rosy

Post by rosy »

Me too, Pov! I have theories and ideas…
It’s like a normal midlife crisis only with more chandeliers and foreign languages.
Princess Morripov

Post by Princess Morripov »

Shall I start a separate thread? :weewee:
Little My

Post by Little My »

I will join you on the spoiler thread after I watch the last episode. My mind is BLOWN by the end of episode two!
lazzbo

Post by lazzbo »

I'm just on episode two now!
Luna

Post by Luna »

I’m somehow watching Sweet Magnolias. It’s a complete cheese fest and Dana Sue is a terrible character but it’s like chewing gum for eyes ;))
Cazza

Post by Cazza »

Luna wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 3:37 pm I’m somehow watching Sweet Magnolias. It’s a complete cheese fest and Dana Sue is a terrible character but it’s like chewing gum for eyes ;))
:lol: :lol: She really is.

Chris Klein's "southern drawl" is atrocious :lol:
Last edited by Cazza on Thu Jan 25, 2024 6:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Luna

Post by Luna »

She’s an absolute cow and I can’t understand why anyone likes her. That drawl is beyond dreadful. I’m actually surprised that Jamie Lynn isn’t the worst actor in it. :lol:
Cerise

Post by Cerise »

Luna wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 3:37 pm I’m somehow watching Sweet Magnolias. It’s a complete cheese fest and Dana Sue is a terrible character but it’s like chewing gum for eyes ;))
This got me through two of my Covid sessions. :lol:
Dutchie

Post by Dutchie »

Another one here who has watched all episodes of Sweet Magnolias. It is awful but somehow so relaxing to watch.
Turtle Bean

Post by Turtle Bean »

Can we change the title of this to streaming TV or something. I never know where to put comments about non Netflix stuff.
Estrella

Post by Estrella »

I’m halfway through ep 2 of American Nightmare and am hooked. I know nothing of this so am avoiding reading anything. MrE was reluctant to watch it but is totally into it now too.
Morganna

Post by Morganna »

Turtle Bean wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2024 4:23 pm Can we change the title of this to streaming TV or something. I never know where to put comments about non Netflix stuff.
That gets my vote. There was another non-Netflix thread, but it was confusing having two, and there's no need, really.
rosy

Post by rosy »

Anyone who liked Traitors or Squid Game, I recommend Mauvais Joueurs (Don't Hate The Players). 13 people go to a Mexican island. They are split into two teams, one in a camp and one in a luxury villa, and they have to play strategies to try to get to the villa/avoid going to the camp/avoid elimination. The last person in the villa wins €150,000. It's only up to four episodes so far, next one on 24th April. I already hate Jordan and Emia.