Netflix human recommendations

Little My

Re: Netflix human recommendations

Post by Little My »

Dead To Me is back with Season 2. :disco:

I've already watched the first two episodes and am about to watch the third.
Lily
Picker-Lily

Post by Lily »

Oh I loved that. Thanks for the heads up.
"You first have to find out who you are. Then you have to be it like mad."

My blog, if you are bored
lazzbo

Post by lazzbo »

THANK YOU, Tata! It's going on the list. So much great telly to watch at the mo, I feel spoiled for choice.
lazzbo

Post by lazzbo »

smalex wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 9:11 pm Ooh thanks TC. I started lazzi's podcast today and it was good. One blessed hour to myself
:toot: Which episode? Listen to the Spy Who Hired Me and then we can chat, I've still got lots to say. :))
smalex

Post by smalex »

Oh well, for some reason I started on Season 5, thinking it was Season 1. I'll finish this then do that one. Please hold for discussion :mrgreen:
lazzbo

Post by lazzbo »

I've got time. :lol:
Luna

Post by Luna »

I’m ploughing through normal people but have to say I’m finding it a bit turgid and uninteresting.

I watched a light hearted amusing film on Netflix today with Demelza and the some other bloke off Poldark. Love repeat wedding?
Anyway it was diversionary fluff.
smalex

Post by smalex »

lazzbo wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 11:36 am
smalex wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 9:11 pm Ooh thanks TC. I started lazzi's podcast today and it was good. One blessed hour to myself
:toot: Which episode? Listen to the Spy Who Hired Me and then we can chat, I've still got lots to say. :))
Done! Chat away. :mrgreen:
Montana

Post by Montana »

Montana wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 9:05 pm
Derek Nimmo wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 6:29 pm The Hasids are a subsection of the Haredi (ultra orthodox) movement. But basically it makes no difference, they're all crazy :teacher:
Thanks! :mrgreen: I think the Shtisel family are Haredi-but-not-Hasidic and live in the not quite so extreme Orthodox area of Jerusalem.
lazzbo

Post by lazzbo »

Derek Nimmo wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 6:29 pm The Hasids are a subsection of the Haredi (ultra orthodox) movement. But basically it makes no difference, they're all crazy :teacher:
But so interesting! :))

Right, smal, I just thought what they said was total self-justification for the fact that they'd made millions from what was obviously criminal profits. Yes, they're financially set for life now and they can retire at 38 - super, that money comes from the Russian mafia. :woteva: It made me so CROSS!
smalex

Post by smalex »

:lol: Yeah... They hinted at some interesting points about the rewards of playing abroad compared to in the US, and presumably the vastly inferior rewards for women vs men in the US, but the gist of it did seem to be 'he was really nice to us! and we made a mint! and we felt super spesh when he got a scheduled flight delayed for us!' without much consideration of the true costs of those things. I also thought they were probably mainly gutted when he died because the gravy train was over.
lazzbo

Post by lazzbo »

YES! Thank you. That was EXACTLY my feeling. Bang goes the shopping sprees with unlimited spends.

I get that women's basketball in the US is woefully underpaid, but I thought it was totally disingenuous of them to say "hmmm, we never knew where the money came from, but whatcanyoudo?!"
smalex

Post by smalex »

:lol: The one at the end even said 'If I KNEW the money had come from people dying would it change my opinion of him?...well I guess I should feel like it would've but....'. M'okay.
lazzbo

Post by lazzbo »

EXACTLY MY THOUGHTS. You are speaking my branez. What does she need, blood dripping off the notes?!
smalex

Post by smalex »

:lol:
The bit about his third wife made me laugh too. So he was 25 yrs older, nothing to look at, and she'd lived with her boyfriend for ten years, but suddenly decided to marry him. GOSH. What first attracted her to the mutlimillionaire russian mafia don? #MrsMerton.
lazzbo

Post by lazzbo »

:mog: RIGHT?
Rosa

Post by Rosa »

Isolation Stories, four 15 minute films created in lockdown, are worth catching on ITV. Also, I liked Sheridan Smith's house.
wendy james

Post by wendy james »

Little My wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 10:45 pm Dead To Me is back with Season 2. :disco:

I've already watched the first two episodes and am about to watch the third.
We’re late to this, so have watched S1 and 5 episodes of S2 just this week. :weewee:
Princess Morripov

Post by Princess Morripov »

White Lines on Netflix is really good.
sally maclennane

Post by sally maclennane »

We are still going with Ozark, but once we finish the first season of that, we're going to watch that, Pov.
Christ on a bendy bus son, don't be such a fucking faff arse