Netflix human recommendations

Hobbes

Re: Netflix human recommendations

Post by Hobbes »

H1ppychick wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 12:03 pm New Umbrella Academy next month, people.
I am looking forward to this!

We watched Space Force Cerise - it was ok, mildly funny, John Malkovich was great.

I’ve just finished up to season 3 of The Durrells on Netflix, it’s just perfect lockdown material - funny, cosy, endearing, and the closest we will get to a holiday this year, I think. :lol: :cry:
Hazey_Jane

Post by Hazey_Jane »

Someone hurry up and watch Queer Eye. I need someone else to discuss it with! I’m up to episode 3 and it’s one of my favourites ever!
Derek Nimmo

Post by Derek Nimmo »

I watched the first one at lunchtime and it made me cry - I'm clearly more of a woman on the edge than I thought I was!
Marth
Location: London - but not by the sea. Nowhere near it in fact.

Post by Marth »

Derek Nimmo wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 4:14 pm I watched the first one at lunchtime and it made me cry - I'm clearly more of a woman on the edge than I thought I was!
I have just watched it, and really cried!
Malan
Roma

Post by Roma »

I loved the Durrells it’s just perfect escapism. I agree it’s really cosy and charming.

I’ve been watching Schitt‘s Creek and I’m up to season 5 now. I didn’t like it at first and was about to give up on it early on, but now I’m glad I didn’t as it’s really sweet and funny.
Hazey_Jane

Post by Hazey_Jane »

Oh good, I’m glad your persistence paid off Rosa, it’s totally worth it

I also want to in-to-nate like Catherine O Hara after watching it)
Derek Nimmo

Post by Derek Nimmo »

Marth wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 6:07 pm
Derek Nimmo wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 4:14 pm I watched the first one at lunchtime and it made me cry - I'm clearly more of a woman on the edge than I thought I was!
I advise you not to watch the Tyreek episode without some additional kleenex to hand.
Marth
Location: London - but not by the sea. Nowhere near it in fact.

Post by Marth »

Derek Nimmo wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 9:50 pm
Marth wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 6:07 pm
I advise you not to watch the Tyreek episode without some additional kleenex to hand.
Too late!
Obviously no spoilers, but do people in America have all their back garden tables and plants and expensive BBQs out the front? Is there not widespread garden item theft??
Malan
sally maclennane

Post by sally maclennane »

I couldn't get into Queer Eye at all, I really wanted to like it too.

I watched the last two episodes of Unorthodox this morning as I was up early due to stomach pain. I really liked it and am fascinated by Hasidic Jews.
Christ on a bendy bus son, don't be such a fucking faff arse
smalex

Post by smalex »

We've done 3 of the 4, I really like it and find it really really fascinating
Estrella

Post by Estrella »

sally maclennane wrote: Sat Jun 06, 2020 8:41 am I couldn't get into Queer Eye at all, I really wanted to like it too.
I’m glad it’s not just me.

We are still working our way through Community which I love. And I also, belatedly, found the second series of The Letdown which is great.
Dandelion

Post by Dandelion »

Late to the Netflix party (we have only had it for a month or so!) but I have smashed through four seasons of Queer Eye and I am onto the third episode of season 5. It is perfect viewing in these times! The world needs more Jonathan Van Ness. :hbeat:

Other highlights so far - Working Moms, Selling Sunset and 100 Humans. 100 Humans is really interesting, although I am not sure about how scientifically accurate it is! :look:

I also blitzed Sex Education and Jack Whitehall’s Travels with my Father. The Vegas one made me laugh more than I have about anything in ages!
emma_p

Post by emma_p »

S and I watched Becoming yesterday afternoon while it rained. How I miss the Obamas :cry:
sally maclennane

Don't we all :cry:

We watched 4 episodes of The Last Dance, it was good despite the fact that what I know about basketball you could write on the back of a stamp.
Turtle Bean

Post by Turtle Bean »

I just love JVN. He's such a good person too. I couldn't watch the second episode of the new series as I am not ok with dyeing animals but the first and third were really good.
smalex

Post by smalex »

sally maclennane wrote: Sun Jun 07, 2020 2:31 pm Don't we all :cry:

We watched 4 episodes of The Last Dance, it was good despite the fact that what I know about basketball you could write on the back of a stamp.
Same, but we really enjoyed it too.
cluefree

Post by cluefree »

I was surprised by how much I enjoyed the Last Dance. I don’t give a shit about sport of any kind, but I found it really interesting. Michael Jordan is so brilliantly petty. :lol:
sally maclennane

He's really not a very likeable person is he? To be fair, I suppose a lot of high level performers are not :))
smalex

Post by smalex »

I was just about to say, I think hes the archetypal example of an sporting legend. Absolutely amazing but so driven hes quite unpleasant
cluefree

Post by cluefree »

Yes, exactly! It’s a fascinating character study. He’s not likeable at all and yet I didn’t dislike him either. What he achieved was incredible, wasn’t it? The pressure must have felt crushing at times.