Netflix human recommendations

Estrella

Re: Netflix human recommendations

Post by Estrella »

I couldn’t get into Breaking Bad at all, so never tried Better Call Saul.

I’m late to The Queen’s Gambit party, but I’m really enjoying it.

Ep4 of excellent The Flight Attendant (HBO) landed today too, so that’s my evening sorted.
smalex

Post by smalex »

Estrella wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 8:11 am I couldn’t get into Breaking Bad at all, so never tried Better Call Saul.
Same! We really thought we'd like BB but really disliked it.
lazzbo

Post by lazzbo »

I had to wait until season 2 to start liking BB. I'd just had wisdom tooth surgery and was a dribbling mess, so I had time to force myself through it! I have to say that watching it again doesn't fill me with joy, despite loving it at the time.
bramblerose

Post by bramblerose »

I never got into Breaking Bad.

We've spent the afternoon keeping warm under blankets and have binged Dash and Lily... complete Christmas fluff and nonsense.
Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either, just fuck off and leave me alone.
Squirrel

Post by Squirrel »

I love Breaking Bad but every time I start watching a new series, I find I have entirely forgotten what happened in the one before. It’s odd, it won’t stick in my brain at all.

I’m watching Schitt’s Creek which took me a few episodes to get into but I’m really enjoying it now.
Leap
Glitz 'n' Glam

Post by Leap »

ParisGal wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 7:38 pm I LOVE Better Call Saul, the characters and relationships are so fantastically done. It's much more poignant when you know how they end up in Breaking Bad, but also less awful and bleak to watch. Mike is definitely the best :love: .
I agree with all of this exactly :yes: BCS is one of my few no scrolling/no sewing programmes, it always gets my full attention from start to finish.

I hated the first few episodes of BB and never would have persevered if it hadn’t been for my brother being so pushy about it, and then I was so glad I did.
Figaro

Post by Figaro »

Squirrel wrote: Sat Dec 05, 2020 6:41 pm I love Breaking Bad but every time I start watching a new series, I find I have entirely forgotten what happened in the one before. It’s odd, it won’t stick in my brain at all.
Same. In fact if I leave it more than a few days between episodes I can easily forget most of the plot thus far completely. It does come back but things just don't seem to hang around in my brain for long.
lazzbo

Post by lazzbo »

Just imagine the worst and that's usually exactly what's happened. :))
Lola

Post by Lola »

Figaro wrote: Sun Dec 06, 2020 9:36 am
Squirrel wrote: Sat Dec 05, 2020 6:41 pm I love Breaking Bad but every time I start watching a new series, I find I have entirely forgotten what happened in the one before. It’s odd, it won’t stick in my brain at all.
Same. In fact if I leave it more than a few days between episodes I can easily forget most of the plot thus far completely. It does come back but things just don't seem to hang around in my brain for long.
I have this problem with books sometimes. I only remember the plot & characters when I start reading it again.
bramblerose

Post by bramblerose »

We watched Prom last night.

I felt the same about it as I felt about Jingle Jangle. I wanted to enjoy it but didn't.
Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either, just fuck off and leave me alone.
Squirrel

Post by Squirrel »

What did you think of Prom, Bramble?
bramblerose

Post by bramblerose »

Not much, to be honest :))
Turtle Bean

Post by Turtle Bean »

I liked Holidate and am enjoying Virgin River. I can't get through Dash and Lily thought. The two main characters are unappealingly plain and dull.
Luna

Post by Luna »

I’m ploughing through Chesapeake Shores too!
Kleio

Post by Kleio »

Godmothered (Disneyplus) was very sweet.
Blondiejude

Post by Blondiejude »

I hated BB and really couldn’t get into it, I abandoned Mr with it at episode 3 and feel no regret, he watched the whole thing.
I’ve struggled with most American things apart bizarrely from Riveria, which is awful but pretty (although I’m not watching the current series, as with so many they should have stopped when they were ahead)

The only US one I watched completely was The Affair, but even that got bizarre towards the last series.
Luna

Post by Luna »

Beatrix wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 7:31 pm :dotty:

Nell’s terrible Irish accent drives me insane. I keep wondering if it’s my hearing that’s going funny.

I don’t think I like any of them, either.
I’m glad you told me she’s supposed to sound Irish!!
Luna

Post by Luna »

I started watching Tiny pretty things and gave up half way through episode 2. I thought I would like it coz it’s about a ballet company but it’s completely bizarre with random gay sex thrown in.
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

Oh, how disappointing! I saw the preview last night and thought it seemed like Black Swan meets Pretty Little Liars meets Gossip Girl and thought my festive season was sorted. :lg:
Protected by the ejaculation of serpents
Luna

Post by Luna »

There is a sinister going’s on. But I hated all the characters so shouldn’t care less about finding out anymore.