Film 2019

Lily
Picker-Lily

Re: Film 2019

Post by Lily »

cluefree wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2019 10:59 pm I just watched What We Do In The Shadows. :lol: I love Taika Waititi. :hbeat:
This is one of my favourite films.

My friend and I watched Pet Semetery on Wednesday. It was rubbish.
"You first have to find out who you are. Then you have to be it like mad."

My blog, if you are bored
Luce

Post by Luce »

I really liked Shazam despite it being DC. It was fun.
Smunder Woman
Consciously Unbellended

Post by Smunder Woman »

I want to see Shazam, but the boys have been with their dad already. I have booked a Thursday evening showing of Endgame deliberately so he can't see it with them on Friday :shame:
H1ppychick

Post by H1ppychick »

Shazam! was indeed really fun. Great kid actors.
Lily
Picker-Lily

Post by Lily »

Tolkien - very, very well done. It has made me want to go and read the books with fresh eyes.
"You first have to find out who you are. Then you have to be it like mad."

My blog, if you are bored
Livilla

Post by Livilla »

The boys' school was closed today (it's used as a polling station) so I took them to see the live action Aladdin. Which I enjoyed a lot more than I thought I would (the choices were pretty much that or Paw Patrol, so my expectations were low :lol: ) - Will Smith, while now Robin Williams, was really enjoyable as the Genie, and it was visually a delight.
H1ppychick

Post by H1ppychick »

I’ve just been to see Booksmart, to use up one of the tickets I get with my bank account before it expires. I’d definitely have paid for the privilege, it’s a really enjoyable sweet movie.
Livilla

Post by Livilla »

I drew a short straw today and took some 8 year olds to see Detective Pikachu. Hmmmm. The thing I enjoyed most about it was seeing where they'd filmed in the City of London and tried to make it look all "Blade Runner Japanese-y". Otherwise, it was a wasted opportunity for a nap :))
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

:dotty: It was pretty much the worst film I think I’ve ever seen. Chunk kept poking me soo couldn’t nap.
smartiecat
The Crispwife

Post by smartiecat »

Lily wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 8:52 am Tolkien - very, very well done. It has made me want to go and read the books with fresh eyes.
I really enjoyed this. I’ve not actually read any of his books and it’s made me want to.
Epponnee Rae

Post by Epponnee Rae »

I’m stuck on a plane waiting for a stand to pull into so I will tell you all the films I’ve seen recently. I’ve been on a few long flights and caught the beginning of the Seattle film festival so there are a few:

The Favourite - an age behind everyone else, but I loved it. I do like Yorgos Lanthimos films.
Peel - low budget indie about a sheltered man trying to reunite his family.
Crimes of Grindelwald - quite entertaining. Gutted to find out they’ve made it a bloody three parter. Fuxache.
Aquaman - silly, really. Some bits nice to look at :look:
Firecrackers - Canadian coming of age film about two teenage girls on the wrong side of the tracks. I got a bit too emotionally invested in young girls making stupid decisions.
Invisibles - French film about a homeless women’s shelter in Paris.
Wild Rose - about an aspiring Scottish country singer. And Julie Walters :love:
Cold Sweat - Iranian film about a female star futbol player. Probably couldn’t be as incisive as I’d have liked it to be but an interesting cultural insight.

I am going to see Yesterday later on if I ever get off this fucking plane and can stay awake long enough.
Froozy

Post by Froozy »

Booksmart - an absolute fucking delight. I haven’t laughed so much with a film for years and it gave me some vivid flash backs to being 18 and that invincible/terrified buzz.
H1ppychick

Post by H1ppychick »

H1ppychick wrote: Thu May 30, 2019 9:15 pm I’ve just been to see Booksmart, to use up one of the tickets I get with my bank account before it expires. I’d definitely have paid for the privilege, it’s a really enjoyable sweet movie.
Ahem.
Froozy

Post by Froozy »

H1ppychick wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 12:57 am
H1ppychick wrote: Thu May 30, 2019 9:15 pm I’ve just been to see Booksmart, to use up one of the tickets I get with my bank account before it expires. I’d definitely have paid for the privilege, it’s a really enjoyable sweet movie.
Ahem.
It was brilliant, wasn’t it? :love2:
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

Spider-Man: Far From Home was brilliant. I kind of called the twist, but it was so well done. Squeak has a crush. :hbeat:
Pawpads

Post by Pawpads »

Spiderman has always been my favourite superhero and I just love Tom Holland playing him and really enjoyed Far From Home.

I saw Yesterday last week, which was a nice, feel good film.
Kenickie
Kenneth Attenborough

Post by Kenickie »

Far from home was really good. Well plotted and lots of humour. Plus the post credit scenes were worth staying for, for once.
If your back's against the wall, turn around and write on it.
H1ppychick

Post by H1ppychick »

Yep. Particularly the final one. I saw the movie on Friday and thought it was excellent.

I also saw Rocketman last night, which I enjoyed more than I'd thought I would (and now I fancy Jamie Bell a little bit). It has confirmed me in my view that Elton John has written some cracking songs but that his vocal style, mimicked excellently by Taron Egerton, renders the lyrics incomprehensible at least 50% of the time, so I've never really felt the love for his work that it probably merits.
Turtle Bean

Post by Turtle Bean »

I liked Spiderman too. We made a stupid error though and left after the mid credits scene so missed the last one. You'd think we'd know by now.
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

We missed the last one too. :duh: