Theatre and other live performances

wendy james

Re: Theatre and other live performances

Post by wendy james »

If I was getting the refund then probably not so much, but work will and now I’ll have to think of something else!
kiwi

Post by kiwi »

Oh yes, bit of a pain then.
Flora Poste

Post by Flora Poste »

Oh no, Wendy! How typical!
Cerise

Post by Cerise »

I saw Chicago tonight. Think it was the 5th time. Not the best version I’ve seen but it was still very enjoyable!
wendy james

Post by wendy james »

Annabella wrote: Sat Apr 02, 2022 9:14 am I saw BTTF a few months ago and thought it was pretty good. The car stunt at the end was fun.
This is what we've gone for, and P is joining us now so my LM has got us all tickets. Not stalls as I don't think there were any, but hopefully still good seats in the dress circle (they better be for that amount :faint: ).
Epponnee Rae

Post by Epponnee Rae »

My sister and BIL went to see BTTF on Saturday while we went to see Jerusalem. We both loved the respective shows, but there were absolutely BUZZING about BTTF and bought the cast recording and are planning to go back with the kids :mrgreen:
wendy james

Post by wendy james »

Oh wow, sounds promising!

I’ve also bought a ticket for The Barber of Seville at an outdoor event in July.
Annabella

Post by Annabella »

I went to The Lyric Hammersmith tonight to see Scandaltown: https://www.theguardian.com/stage/2022/ ... ith-london I thoroughly enjoyed it - all actors were brilliant, shame that because it is a "local" theatre not full.
H1ppychick

Post by H1ppychick »

I bought a ticket to see Singin’ In The Rain at the Bristol Hippodrome on Thursday week, on a reduced price through a Crimestoppers mailing list and using up part of an ATG voucher issued due to lockdown cancellations (which apparently expire at the end of the year, so check your dates if anyone else has any vouchers).

I’m also going to try and see the touring production of Les Mis in a couple of months’ time, as I’ve never seen the stage show, only the movie.
Cerise

Post by Cerise »

Does Singin’ In The Rain have Faye Tozer in? It’s probably the same tour that I went to a few weeks back. It was very good!
Annabella

Post by Annabella »

This afternoon I slipped off to the Jermyn Street Theatre for Orlando https://www.theguardian.com/stage/2022/ ... inia-woolf. I add the review as very small theatre with shortish runs. Acting outstanding really - I love it when there is a minimal set showing great creativity and actors generally have more than one part which shows their versatility.
absley

Post by absley »

Ooh, I'd love to ses that, thanks Annabella.
Annabella

Post by Annabella »

As part of the London Theatre £25 ticket deal last week I got a ticket for The Play That Goes Wrong. I saw it tonight and it was hysterical. Quire slapstick but really funny.
Roma

Post by Roma »

I really enjoyed the Play That Goes Wrong. It was just so funny and entertaining!

I’ve been to see Moulin Rouge recently and loved it! I think if you love the film it’s definitely worth seeing the musical.
Flora Poste

Post by Flora Poste »

Kids Week tickets go on sale next Tuesday apparently. The participating shows are https://officiallondontheatre.com/kids- ... Y3NzAwMgS2
emma_p

Post by emma_p »

Thanks for posting, Flora, I'm keen to take the kids to see Matilda!
sally maclennane

Post by sally maclennane »

Matilda is so good. I took my nieces 7 years ago, and they still talk about it!
Christ on a bendy bus son, don't be such a fucking faff arse
kiwi

Post by kiwi »

I fully expected Matilda to be very annoying but it was great.
wendy james

Post by wendy james »

wendy james wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 8:38 pm
Annabella wrote: Sat Apr 02, 2022 9:14 am I saw BTTF a few months ago and thought it was pretty good. The car stunt at the end was fun.
This is what we've gone for, and P is joining us now so my LM has got us all tickets. Not stalls as I don't think there were any, but hopefully still good seats in the dress circle (they better be for that amount :faint: ).
They were good seats and Elvis was happy with her booster cushion. P said he enjoyed it a lot and it’s up there with Avenue Q. The girls loved it. I enjoyed it as a fan of the film but it was a bit knowing/self aware at times. Funny though, and the car stuff was very well done.

I can’t find a time to see Prima Facie in person so am going to watch it via NT Live on 21 July.

P spotted a poster advertising Mad House with Bill Pullman (and David Harbour) and expressed an interest so I’ve lined up my ILs to babysit next time we’re in London and bought the last 2 (slightly restricted view) tickets in an affordable tier. :weewee:
wendy james

Post by wendy james »

I’ve given up on Prima Facie. It’s just Jodie Comer shouting and doing stupid voices. Reviews indicate it might get better but it’s too warm.

I enjoyed The Barber of Seville. I’d quite like to see the sequel. ;)