Recommendations for other channels - ye olde TV

Annabella

Re: Recommendations for other channels - ye olde TV

Post by Annabella »

Yep definitely none of those Pip
Kleio

Post by Kleio »

Inside Man on BBC 1 was entertaining and frustrating. The cast were very good!
Kenickie
Kenneth Attenborough

Post by Kenickie »

Oh I'm just watching that right now!

Paying full attention obvs.
If your back's against the wall, turn around and write on it.
Disco

Post by Disco »

That Inside Man annoyed me. I haven't finished it.

I'm watching Somewhere Boy at the moment. It's dark, sad, funny and a good watch. I think it's Channel 4.
Morganna

Post by Morganna »

I was going to ask about (Somewhere Boy). It's on my list of things to see.
Disco

Post by Disco »

It’s really good. Well acted.
Turtle Bean

Post by Turtle Bean »

The plot of Inside Man was quite ludicrous but it was fun to watch.
sally maclennane

Post by sally maclennane »

Inside Man was really daft but I do love Stanley Tucci so I'd watch him in anything :love:
Christ on a bendy bus son, don't be such a fucking faff arse
Disco

Post by Disco »

I didn’t like killing eve either. I think I like things to not have a silly edge in darkness.
Kleio

Post by Kleio »

Wrecked on BBC2 is a slightly gory drama about 20-somethings working on a cruise ship. It wasn't as predictable as I expected it to be and was a good binge watch over 2 sessions.

Has anyone watched SAS Rogue Heroes? It took me ages to connect the main actor with Adam from Sex Education.
sally maclennane

We watched all of SAS Rogue Heroes (on Sunday nights but available on iplayer) which I really enjoyed. Good cast and well written. The only negative for me was Jack O'Connell's terrible Irish accent, and the actual character he played.
Kleio

Post by Kleio »

I really enjoyed it too and I hope they do the second series. It sent me a down an google hole as the real life stories are even more crazy.
Lily
Picker-Lily

Post by Lily »

Disco wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 12:07 pm I didn’t like killing eve either. I think I like things to not have a silly edge in darkness.
I'm the same. Killing Eve left me cold.

I am quite enjoying The House Across the Street although Claudia is so bonkers I want to wallop her.
"You first have to find out who you are. Then you have to be it like mad."

My blog, if you are bored
Arrietty

Post by Arrietty »

Is anyone watching the US version of Ghosts? It’s not as charming as the original version, but I am quite enjoying it. It may be because I’m unwell, but the Pete episode made me properly cry :lol:
Kleio

Post by Kleio »

I’m trying to watch The English (bbc iplayer) and it makes no sense at all.
Squirrel

Post by Squirrel »

I’ve watched the first episode and had to rewind and Google for recaps. I think I’ve got it now but would appreciate any insight if I’ve misunderstood or missed some major plot point hidden in messy dialogue.
Minor spoilers for ep. 1:

Cornelia sets off to get revenge for the death of her son. Eli sets off to reclaim some land. They both end up at the dodgy “hotel” where Eli is strung up. The plan is for the hotel owner to kill Cornelia and frame Eli. Eli is being taken to be handed in. He escapes and heads back to the hotel. The hotel owner tells Cornelia that he knew she was coming and her journey has been set up (this was the bit I was mightily confused about) by some mysterious shady boss man who we haven’t met yet. Hotel guy is going to rape and kill her. Eli kills him instead and they both kill the other guy, (but what happened to the third yokel playing the accordion?!) Eli says he came back to get his bag which contains medicine. Cornelia persuades him to travel together and off they go.

Is that about right?
Squirrel

Post by Squirrel »

Kleio wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 12:08 am I’m trying to watch The English (bbc iplayer) and it makes no sense at all.
I’ve watched the first episode and had to rewind and Google for recaps. I think I’ve got it now but would appreciate any insight if I’ve misunderstood or missed some major plot point hidden in vague dialogue :ella:.

Cornelia sets off to get revenge for the death of her son. Eli sets off to reclaim some land. They both end up at the dodgy “hotel” where Eli is strung up. The plan is for the hotel owner to kill Cornelia and frame Eli. Eli is being taken to be handed in. He escapes and heads back to the hotel. The hotel owner tells Cornelia that he knew she was coming and her journey has been set up (this was the bit I was mightily confused about) by some mysterious shady boss man who we haven’t met yet. Hotel guy is going to rape and kill her. Eli kills him instead and they both kill the other guy, (but what happened to the third yokel playing the accordion?!) Eli says he came back to get his bag which contains medicine. Cornelia persuades him to travel together and off they go.

Is that about right?
Kleio

Post by Kleio »

Squirrel wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 8:34 am I’ve watched the first episode and had to rewind and Google for recaps. I think I’ve got it now but would appreciate any insight if I’ve misunderstood or missed some major plot point hidden in messy dialogue.

Is that about right?
Yes that’s about right! I’ve watched the whole thing now and it makes a bit more sense. There were some bits that seemed to be there for no reason and there’s others I’m still confused about. I was disappointed.
Squirrel

Post by Squirrel »

Right thank you. I think the lack of clarity is going to annoy me but will persevere.
sally maclennane

We've recorded the English, I've seen so many people raving about it that it's slightly put me off, if that makes sense.

Did anyone watch 24 Hours in Police Custody last night? It was so sad but also really thought provoking. I keep thinking about it this morning and it's all over Twitter.