S3 Selling Sunset Chat (spoilers abound)

Derek Nimmo

Re: S3 Selling Sunset Chat (spoilers abound)

Post by Derek Nimmo »

I am undecided about Chrishell in general, but firmly on her side divorce-wise.

I am amused and somewhat surprised that Christine is - allegedly - on her way over here to do I'm a Celeb. I wouldn't have thought she needed the cash!
olive
Really Creepy

Post by olive »

She’s not!! She’ll totally be doing it for the publicity.
Derek Nimmo

Post by Derek Nimmo »

I wonder what for? I mean, you're on a hit show and you've bagged your millionaire husband, what else does she want?? I am simple-minded and think fame is vile though, so what do I know :fish:

I've just motored through the Hampton version. Far nicer properties and agents who actually do the buying and selling. So of course it's not quite as entertaining :))
Leap
Glitz 'n' Glam

Post by Leap »

But why does a person need publicity if it’s not to turn it into cash?! That’s not to you olive, it’s to the universe :lol:

I typed and deleted this before because I know it makes me sound naïve, but the supremely kind edit of Chrishell is what made me think she really might be as or almost as sweet in real life as she’s made out to be. I know the more innocent she appears, the better the drama of the villain edits for Christine/Davina, but I’ve never known these reality shows to give anyone such a free pass and it made me think she might just be a very nice person IRL :l: It’s like in Million Dollar Beach House they keep showing one of the guys say ‘nip it in the butt’ over and over again. It’s not overt, but it’s definitely there to poke fun at him and it’s a classic move for this type of show. Chrishell doesn’t even get a hint of that, it’s just all clips that show her to be kind or funny or bravely stoic, with Kelly Clarkson-esque soundtracks to her entering and exiting scenes.

I KNOW the stupid last scene of her surveying her kingdom from her new apartment tells me they are constructing this brave little toaster narrative around her, but obviously I’ve been completely sucked in anyway :lol:
Leap
Glitz 'n' Glam

Post by Leap »

Oh I took too long to type that Derek - great minds :lol:

I haven’t seen the original version of Million Dollar Beach house, I’ll need to hunt it down :sherlock:
olive
Really Creepy

Post by olive »

Sorry, when I said ‘she’s not’ I wasn’t disagreeing that she was doing it for the cash. It was more of a ‘she’s not really doing it is she?’ Surely there are other ways for her to get publicity without doing something so grim.

I definitely think Chrishell is probably quite nice in real life but you’re obviously a lot nicer than me as I found the butter wouldn’t melt stuff just a bit much to stomach.

I also found the brave little toaster stuff a bit boring to watch :uhh: I found the interactions just so cringe with everyone lining up to tell her how strong and brave she is and I wanted to get back to the houses and bitching. I do think her heartbreak was 100% genuine though as her sister seemed so upset on her behalf.
Little My

Post by Little My »

Christine seems to need the attention.

I'm going to watch an episode of Million Dollar Beach House tonight to contrast and compare.
Shoe

Post by Shoe »

I watched all three seasons back to back after seeing you guys talking about it. :))

I loved Christine's wedding, I think if you're that rich you have to have a ludicrous, over the top wedding. :lol:
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

I’ve read this despite not finishing the series because Squeak keeps finding better things to do. But won’t let me watch it without her. :lg:
Disco

Post by Disco »

I love Christine so much. She's brilliant.
Penny Century

Post by Penny Century »

olive wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 11:17 pm
I also found the brave little toaster stuff a bit boring to watch :uhh: I found the interactions just so cringe with everyone lining up to tell her how strong and brave she is and I wanted to get back to the houses and bitching. I do think her heartbreak was 100% genuine though as her sister seemed so upset on her behalf.
I agree she seemed genuine but I can't get my head around what sort of relationship it was where she genuinely had no idea that a break up was on the cards. I guess LA celebrities probably have fuller diaries than plebs like me, so maybe they didn't see each other very much in the days leading up to it. Plus she did say that Justin often went straight to 'that's it we're finished' when they argued, so maybe she wasn't taking him seriously.

I do think Chrishell is 'nice', but her niceness does seem to be a bit of a defence mechanism. I see it in her because I'm a bit like that too. It's become a part of how she thinks of herself but she's not above the occasional side-eye or passive aggressive giggle. Christine blows more hot and cold so at least you know where you are with her. Plus I love how she calls everyone bitches and tells people to "SHUT THE FUCK UP I'M TALKING".

I also love Maya and her accent. She is very cool and laid back for someone with such a jetset lifestyle, commuting from Miami to LA.

The only one I really dislike is Heather. She's so snitty.
olive
Really Creepy

Post by olive »

Disco wrote: Sat Aug 29, 2020 11:29 am I love Christine so much. She's brilliant.
Me too. :lol: I was fully prepared to be flamed for admitting it.

I remember reading about Chrishelle’s divorce on blind gossip ages ago and they are usually right on the money.

https://blindgossip.com/this-is-about-a-divorce/

Heather really bugs me too. Didn’t Christine openly hate her in S1? She’s so vacuous although I did like her calling Christine and Davina out for taking the piss out of her.
Leap
Glitz 'n' Glam

Post by Leap »

Ooh, that is an interesting read!

I also respected Heather for standing her ground with Christine and Davina, even though I’m 100% convinced that phoning the paps to say I will be X place at Y time is EXACTLY how it works, especially for ZZZ slebs like her and her fiancé :lol: There was a fairly convincing post somewhere - Lainey maybe - summarising why it was clear even Taylor Swift at the height of her popularity had to be doing this, so I don’t buy the wide eyed innocence at all.
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

We’ve finished now. God, Davina is a snake-bitch.

Swans! And black ones for the evening do!
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

Oh, did you guys know Heather is vegan?
Little My

Post by Little My »

I watched Million Dollar Beach House. It's just not as good, alas. I don't like Peggy or Noel, so it's hard to pick a side. And the bros are just so dull.
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

We’ve watched all of Million Dollar Beach House in one sitting and I have some observations.

Jimmy looks like a young Roman Abramovich.
Peggy is awful.
Sara came out of nowhere for a plot point and could have been the East Coast Davina.
JB is a sweetie.

Why do American houses have more bathrooms than bedrooms? Do they shit more than sleep?
Little My

Post by Little My »

Pippedydeadeye wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 9:21 pm We’ve watched all of Million Dollar Beach House in one sitting and I have some observations.

Jimmy looks like a young Roman Abramovich.
Peggy is awful.
Sara came out of nowhere for a plot point and could have been the East Coast Davina.
JB is a sweetie.

Why do American houses have more bathrooms than bedrooms? Do they shit more than sleep?
You're so right about Sara!

I think Jimmy seems a bit odd, and I can't fully like JB because he looks like a muscled-up version of my old landlord who was a bit of a turd.

I have more bathrooms than bedrooms. I think it's because we have the basement thing going on that you don't so much get in the UK.
baargain
The Baarometer of Style

Post by baargain »

Sarah has very bad extensions.
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

Squeak hated Sara on sight. :))

Can you explain the bathroom thing please, LM? My BFF from uni lives just off the Danforth in TO and doesn’t have the bathroom sitch, so that’s my North America reference.