S3 Selling Sunset Chat (spoilers abound)

Chicky

S3 Selling Sunset Chat (spoilers abound)

Post by Chicky »

:disco:
Chicky

Re: S3 Selling Sunset Chat (spoilers abound)

Post by Chicky »

The swans!!!!

Also, what do you think the deal is with Chrishell and Justin? She seemed pretty blindsided. Annoyingly there doesn’t seem to be any gossip alluding to anything.

Romain was funny this season. And Davina is definitely a snake.
Little My

Post by Little My »

The snow!!!

Davina is an awful creature. I am flabbergasted that her and Christine kept sticking up for Justin by suggesting that Chrishell was the one at fault when they literally knew nothing.

The whole season ended up being a bit of a sobfest, which was mildly disappointing to be honest. It was still good though, and I need Season 4.
Derek Nimmo

Post by Derek Nimmo »

Chicky wrote: Mon Aug 24, 2020 11:28 pm
Also, what do you think the deal is with Chrishell and Justin? She seemed pretty blindsided. Annoyingly there doesn’t seem to be any gossip alluding to anything.
Davina is worse than Christina!

I've read that Justin's new girlfriend is someone both he and Chrishell have known for years (they all starred in a soap together) and the insinuation is that there was overlap...

I'm currently amused by the "expose" that they might not all actually be selling the houses themselves. FFS, it's a "scripted" reality show, stuffed full of ex models and actresses!
Chicky

Post by Chicky »

Exactly! Plus I get confused by all the realtor/broker/agent stuff anyway, there seem to be lots of different jobs.

Interesting re Justin. I would think there would have been some overlap for him to just file overnight. I quite like Chrishell though. And yes! Davina and the others were so rude saying there are two sides to every story. How about you support your friend?
Leap
Glitz 'n' Glam

Post by Leap »

YAY for this thread!

I think the implication is definitely an overlap, and a big change to his character after making it big. I thought it was very interesting that it was Chrishell who moved out without question - a real case of it being clear it’s his money and his house :wildspeculation:
Roma

Post by Roma »

Do you think he really moved out just like that? There must have been a longer discussion than just running off and filling for divorce. I like Chrishell too, she seems nice.

Davina is awful, such a gossip on the sly. I’m glad Romain never invited her to the wedding.

The agent/ broker thing is confusing, I think different licenses are involved for each job. Im sure they’re not really selling the houses. Mary might do maybe, I think Real Estate her actual job. I watch for the drama and to look at amazing houses though.
Penny Century

Post by Penny Century »

I have surprised myself by how much I am loving this, but I do think it's pretty scripted or at the very least, petty squabbles are mined for every last ounce of drama. The women are perpetually appalled by the notion that people might talk about them when they're not there, but then when someone does raise issues face to face (like Amanza) they're bringing 'toxic energy'.

Christine is my favourite. She is everything I am not (I should really be more drawn to people-pleaser Chrishell) but I could do with some of Christine's chutzpah. I love how she didn't let herself be intimidated by dead-eyed Adnan.

I do wonder how these people battle the ol' ennui though. Surely when you're surrounded by all that luxury 24/7, and you can afford anything you could ever want, how do you manage to summon even passing enthusiasm for yet another infinity pool, home cinema, floor to ceiling window or marble kitchen?
Leap
Glitz 'n' Glam

Post by Leap »

I think they were likely in the middle of unhappy marriage chats, but I do believe he blindsided her with the filing as a way to end it. It would be really easy to refute her version of events but AFAIK he hasn’t even tried, and also some men are pricks :)) I genuinely believe someone in his position can think he’s Billy Big Bollocks and he doesn’t even need to bother himself with the conversation once he’s made up his mind.
Leap
Glitz 'n' Glam

Post by Leap »

Penny, I thought that too about Christine and Adnan :yes: She absolutely showed Davina up, that was exactly how Adnan had to be handled. I am also obsessed with how she managed to bag a bajillionaire husband between seasons like the rest of us might decide to get a pet :lol: I love her. But I also enjoyed how overshadowed her “wedding” was by Chrishell, but in a way she couldn’t actually blame her for. She’ll have been FURIOUS :))
Little My

Post by Little My »

Christine is amazing. I half hate her and half love her.
Roma wrote: Tue Aug 25, 2020 9:44 amDavina is awful, such a gossip on the sly. I’m glad Romain never invited her to the wedding.
Who knew Romain was actually the smartest one amongst them all! :mrgreen:

I think Chrishell most likely moved out because he had a daughter from a previous relationship, so I imagine not uprooting a child would be a big factor. Mind you, if you're going to file and tell someone over text, you're probably horrible enough to tell them they have to move out immediately too, and threaten legal action.
Chicky

Post by Chicky »

Yeah I am on Chrishell’s side. It’s a horrible thing to do to someone when they’ve been a stepmother to your kid as well.

I am intrigued by Christine’s millionaire husband. He’s not a looker, I can think of a million reasons why she wouldn’t worry about that but they actually had quite a sweet moment at the altar where it looked like she only had eyes for him. So maybe she does actually like him?

and YES Leap! I was laughing when Christine was getting all het up about whether Chrishell would come and just didn’t get that going to a wedding probably wouldn’t be nice for someone who has just had their heart broken. She was all like “well who wouldn’t be cheered up by this amazing event” :mog:
Leap
Glitz 'n' Glam

Post by Leap »

Yes :mog: I think that’s what intrigues me the most, is it real or is it a really weird arrangement? I don’t think for a second Christine would trade actual sex/fake love for a husband, but what’s in it for him if it’s all for show? Because I DO believe she’d fake a relationship and even a wedding (including doe-eyed looks at the altar :)) ) for the storyline, I think my eyebrow is now permanently raised after she mentioned the guest list was 70 people. 70, really? Where something like 10-20 staff members from her day job were invited once you include plus ones etc? We had 76 people at our wedding and we have very small families and relatively modest friendship groups. I find it so unlikely that millionaires with basically no budget restraints and huuuuge networking responsibilities in their careers could keep a guest list to 70 for anything, never mind their wedding.
Panda

Post by Panda »

I’m so happy about this thread! I thought the same about wedding numbers Leap. I’m new to this scripted reality stuff though, and assumed they had one wedding that was filmed, and then another ‘proper’ wedding.

I love Christine’s outfits! Her wedding dress!! The bright green outfit! She’s just fabulous. Evil, but fabulous.

Why do Jason and Brett not get more involved with the squabbling, and tell them all to shut the fuck up sometimes? And how tall are they?
Little My

Post by Little My »

They are tiny little millionaires. :lol:
Chicky

Post by Chicky »

The twins have short man syndrome for sure. I also don’t think they care what bitching goes on as long as the team are selling houses. They probably think it breeds competitiveness.

I wondered about 70 guests too. There were more than that at their (her) engagement party weren’t there? I don’t see Christine having another wedding (that they didn’t sell to the press) but maybe I’m being harsh :look: I read somewhere that she was really annoyed that the show focussed on Chrishell at the wedding and not all her carefully planned surprises :))
Cazza

Post by Cazza »

Million Dollar Beach House is on Netflix today.

Probably the same level of bitchiness and botox but in the Hamptons :bounce:
olive
Really Creepy

Post by olive »

I finally finished S3 last night and also love Christine even though I know she’s mostly awful! :lol: She’s actually very pretty when she’s not styled as a blow up doll.

I think I’ve become jaded about their commissions throughout. Mr O and I sit there working out how they make once the brokerage & other agent/ brokerage take their cuts and state and federal taxes. :l: It’s no wonder Brett & Jason are absolutely loaded though.

What happened to Chrishell is hideous but I do find her irritating though and Davina is the absolute worst.
Little My

Post by Little My »

Aww, Chrishell is very sweet. You are wrong, Olive. I can't believe you would talk badly about her when she's NOT even here. Pfft. :ttth: :))
olive
Really Creepy

Post by olive »

Chrishell is as much of a gossip as the rest though and then pulls the wide eyed ‘I was just asking’ card! At least own it. :ttth: