Behind Her Eyes

lazzbo

Behind Her Eyes

Post by lazzbo »

WARNING: SPOILERS

So, finished this yesterday. I'd read that the ending was :look: and lo, it was so!

Was David drugging Adele just because of the Brighton incident? Which was quite deranged, obviously.

Little Adam's face at the end. :(
Luna

Re: Behind Her Eyes

Post by Luna »

What was the Brighton incident? :goldfish: did Adele stalk the cafe owner?
I couldn’t work out why David stayed with her..
indigo

Post by indigo »

I think David stayed with her because she would make his life hell if he didn't and also he was an accessory to murder, wasn't he? Because he knew about Rob's body in the well? In the book, the café owner's cat is horribly killed by Adele so it wasn't just threats. I need to read it again, really, to see what was true to the book and what was embellished or missed out.
lazzbo

Post by lazzbo »

On Netflix, she went to the café owner's house and wrote SLUT on the wall (but left the cat alone!).

I too was confused - David didn't think it was murder, Adele told him that Rob overdosed.

I don't get why he drugged her so much and why he had to call her constantly.
lazzbo

Post by lazzbo »

But yes, Adele clearly would have made his life hell if he'd left her, definitely.

The manic look in Rob/Louise's eyes at the end of the episode was excellent. :))
indigo

Post by indigo »

lazzbo wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 11:11 am I too was confused - David didn't think it was murder, Adele told him that Rob overdosed.
Oh yes. I meant (sorry, it's too early) that he was an accessory to knowing where a body had been dumped.
lazzbo

Post by lazzbo »

Ah, yes, gotcha. It's true that it didn't look good for him. And he obviously didn't know how nightmarish Adele was going to become.
Leap
Glitz 'n' Glam

Post by Leap »

Oh my god! I just finished this. I couldn’t miss a few headlines about how insane the ending was so I hoped I was prepared, but I was not :cry:

I really enjoyed it. I only hated the ending because it was so diabolically good. My plot hole was more about why Louise tipped Adele off about David going to Scotland (as I was braced for a twist, part of me wondered if Louise was going to end up the one plotting all along somehow), oh and casually falling asleep against a burning building :)) but I can overlook it, I was happily along for the ride. Poor Adam. I had to look him up on IMDB to reassure myself he is an actor and okay :lol:

I liked that it was only just believably supernatural enough, rather than preposterously so. For a minute half way through I was worried it was all going to end in dream sequences and was prematurely annoyed about it. This was much better.
indigo

Post by indigo »

Beatrix wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 12:56 pm Also why on earth would you not have read Rob’s book cover to cover in one sitting, especially as it “cured” the night terrors?
We said that. :lol:
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

It was utterly batshit and my main takeaway has been that I want Louise’s khaki quilted bomber jacket.
lazzbo

Post by lazzbo »

Absolutely agree about the book and the bomber jacket.

Why was he calling her every few hours?!
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

So he looked dodgy to us?

Surely he knew she wasn’t herself?

I can’t think about it too hard, it was preposterous. I will instead think about her nice flat and the lovely house.
Leap
Glitz 'n' Glam

Post by Leap »

I buy that he could think the murder changed her, although not into a completely different personality. I’m not sure how that could’ve worked from so early in their relationship, the guilt trip manipulation would’ve had to have started almost straight away.

Anyway I loved the twist, I really did. I enjoyed hating her SO MUCH and it was brilliant to have that turned around and to feel devastated for her in the end.
sally maclennane

Post by sally maclennane »

We just finished it, I thought it was shit :lol: It was so ludicrous and the acting was terrible. The guy who played David had such a bad accent.

I hated all the dream stuff and agreed about it being so stupid that Louise took so long to read Robs book which was about 10 pages long!
Christ on a bendy bus son, don't be such a fucking faff arse
emma_p

Post by emma_p »

I watched it a few weeks or so ago but completely agree with Sal. I did love North London location spotting and the bannister of dreams. I am saving all my money for one :l:
lazzbo

Post by lazzbo »

Straight up, Pip.

Yes, I lost all interest when they started talking astral projection.

I did like the crazy eyes in the car at the end though. And I do love Adam and I am worried about him.
emma_p

Post by emma_p »

I hope they don’t think they can get another series out of it :))
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

I really don’t want to see any more of it.

The astral projection business came out of nowhere. And why didn’t she read the whole book? It’s wasn’t exactly long.

I spent ages googling khaki bomber jackets anyway.
emma_p

Post by emma_p »

Me too with the bannisters :lol:
lazzbo

Post by lazzbo »

It made me want to have a nice crisp bob again.