Film 2021

Ella77

Re: Film 2021

Post by Ella77 »

I loved that, and had been avoiding it for the same reasons as you.
overthehill

Post by overthehill »

Pippedydeadeye wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 5:42 pm Chunk got me to watch Baby Driver and that was really good.
R is really difficult to choose films for, but Baby Driver was a hit for him too. :))
"Inagh to China Motorcycle Ride" blog, if you're interested: www.inaghtochina.com :))
Lily
Picker-Lily

Post by Lily »

My friend and I saw A Quiet Place II tonight. Luce, you are right: seeing it in the cinema was a fantastic experience. I've missed it! I spilled popcorn all over my friend. :ella:

Once Upon A Time in Hollywood is one of my favourite films. I absolutely loved how it was done. Very clever, and the violence is almost cartoonish. You just come out wishing that's how it had happened. I'm a Baby Driver fan too - I got the soundtrack. :l:
"You first have to find out who you are. Then you have to be it like mad."

My blog, if you are bored
H1ppychick

Post by H1ppychick »

Is anyone else looking forward to In The Heights? I might try and see it this weekend.

I also have a semi-guilty-pleasure yen for The Hitman’s Wife’s Bodyguard.
H1ppychick

Post by H1ppychick »

I just went to see The Hitman’s Wife’s Bodyguard and it was an entertaining way to spend a grey afternoon. The main thing I took away was that I recognised one of the filming locations from a trip to Croatia maybe 5 years ago (and it wasn’t a city location so it kind of startled me to notice it).

They played a Marvel mega-trailer before the movie and I honestly got kind of choked up. There was a set up part with a (might have been Stan Lee?) voiceover talking about common human experiences and illustrating them with snippets from past movies, then bam! bam! bam! bam! Little snippets of a few seconds each of the next series of movies all through to late 2023, there were around ten or so. As a regular cinema goer and a MCU fan it made me totes emosh to see them all lined up like that.

Cannot wait for Black Widow next month and I really hope to see Dune fairly soon.
wendy james

Post by wendy james »

Flora Poste

Post by Flora Poste »

H1ppychick wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 12:03 am Is anyone else looking forward to In The Heights? I might try and see it this weekend.
Did you see it! I really want to see it (we're currently listening to the Moana soundtrack on repeat as it's E's favourite) and have plans to go one evening this week!
lazzbo

Post by lazzbo »

I'm going to see it once I'm double jabbed, I loved it at the theatre!
lazzbo

Post by lazzbo »

I also loved Moana. No-one knooooooows how far it gooooooes. My niece and I did an excellent rendition of that at West Wittering. :))
H1ppychick

Post by H1ppychick »

wendy james wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 7:09 pm Was it this one?
https://youtu.be/QdpxoFcdORI
It was indeed! I misremembered, they didn’t have actual clips from all the upcoming releases, just the first two or three. Still loved it though!

I haven’t seen In The Heights yet, it was a toss-up today which to see and the timings just didn’t quite work. Maybe Sunday or next Monday afternoon!

Huh, Dune’s not out till 1 October, annoying! I have a lingering fondness for the David Lynch version which I saw as a teenager immediately after having read the book, it’ll be interesting (eventually) to see what Dennis Villeneuve makes of it.
Pawpads

Post by Pawpads »

I really enjoyed In The Heights but it made me miss my mum.
Livilla

Post by Livilla »

We watched The Tomorrow War on Amazon Prime, a Chris Pratt hero-aliens-timetravelling big budget film. Despite the fact that Pratt is nowhere near being the best Chris, we actually really enjoyed it.

One point that did amuse me though - the plot set up had a group of people gathered together to watch the final of the 2022 World Cup, which is being played between Brazil and ……. Scotland! Maybe they know more about the future than we think :lol:
Hazey_Jane

Post by Hazey_Jane »

About 5 years ago when I lived in Brussels, my department director at work (who was also British) came rushing in one Monday morning and made a beeline for my desk asking “have you seen it yet?” by which she meant Bridget Jones’s Baby because she was clearly desperate to discuss it. I had to explain it wasn’t really my kind of thing and after she left I looked at one of my colleagues and said “Should I tell her I’ve spent all weekend watching The Walking Dead?”

Anyway I have now watched Bridget Jones’s Baby and actually rather enjoyed it, I even laughed a few times. Definitely not the kind of film I’d typically watch but good company while I was doing some ironing on a Monday night.
H1ppychick

Post by H1ppychick »

Did the Ed Sheeran cameo make you wince more or less that his appearance in Game of Thrones?
Hazey_Jane

Post by Hazey_Jane »

I’ve never seen GoT.

And I hate Ed Sheehan anyway so just muted the telly whenever he came on
Hazey_Jane

Post by Hazey_Jane »

Black Widow- kapow! Crash bang wallop! Bosh! Argh! Panting! Talky bit with dodgy accents then kapow! Crash bang wallop! Bosh! Repeat for two hours.

It was a lot of fun!
wendy james

Post by wendy james »

I laughed and smirked a lot through BW. Too subtle for the girls but I enjoyed that element. Florence Pugh was fab, and Lily Allen’s husband (sorry forgot his name) was good light relief.
Chicky

Post by Chicky »

I’m just back from Black Widow, I thought it was very enjoyable and Mr C stayed awake throughout which is a sign of a good film.
Luce

Post by Luce »

We loved it too. All four of us going to a Marvel film was always the top of our 'what can't we wait to do when all this is over' chats last year. BUT! For all of us to go to the Everyman, with a burger each cost £110. I had to coach T days before to set his face straight :))
wendy james

Post by wendy james »

Gosh, but that sounds fun! We didn’t go the cinema as I thought it was a 12 and we’d have no chance of sneaking Elvis in.