Christmas viewing (on any platform)

Epponnee Rae

Re: Christmas viewing (on any platform)

Post by Epponnee Rae »

I can’t wait to watch the Castle one! It looks shockingly bad.

I’ve watched The Holiday and Christmas Chronicles 2. I’m hoping for an evening of writing Christmas cards and wrapping a few presents to send to the US this week when I can stick a few more films on.

I’ve got A Boy Called Christmas on my list, as well as Love Hard. I will definitely watch the Muppets, and probably Meet Me In St Louis.
Kleio

Post by Kleio »

Avoid Family Claus like the plague. I got 10 minutes in and wanted to switch it off. We persisted for another 40 minutes and then I begged.

Holidate is fun.
Chicky

Post by Chicky »

I watched One Royal Holiday as it has one of the peloton instructors in it :l: but it was excellent cheesy Christmas viewing.
Ruby

Post by Ruby »

My school is shut for snow reasons so I am setting and marking work online whilst, simultaneously watching a film called Christmas At Maxwells on the Christmas channel. I wanted a Hallmark movie - country doctor meets businesswoman returning to hometown for Christmas, both realise the magic of Christmas and set up a bakery together type shit. Instead, I appear to have found an anti-abortion Christmas movie. :eek: I am both horrified and compelled to finish watching it.

:jesus:
Panda

Post by Panda »

Wow, that went dark quickly Ruby! :lol:
Cerise

Post by Cerise »

:mog:

I watched a film with almost the same storyline last year. Christmas Inheritance, maybe?
Epponnee Rae

Post by Epponnee Rae »

Oh my god, what? Those bastards get their propaganda in everywhere!
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

Ruby, only you. :))

I started one on BBC2 a couple of weeks ago. Small town party planner vying for a big promotion, asked to plan an event for an architect firm seemingly a bit stuck in the past & son trying to drag it into the 21st century. There was a snowball fight in which the mayor got hit and then I turned off because I knew exactly how it was going and could not face more.
Dandelion

Post by Dandelion »

I enjoyed Love Hard as well. Next up I want to watch Merry Happy Whatever.

My annual Love Actually fest will begin on Thursday - I am seeing it with a live orchestra playing the soundtrack (again!) and it is just so magical.
Ruby

Post by Ruby »

Panda wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 2:38 pm Wow, that went dark quickly Ruby! :lol:
The woman had a dark secret (her abortion :emme: ) and was dying of cancer - presumably as punishment? A mysterious old man came to live with them (more of him later) and the children (boy and girl, obvs) were kind to him. The woman died on Christmas day - full footage of her ghost climbing out of her corpse - leaving her cold body for her husband to wake up to. THEN THE OLD MAN RESURRECTED HER!!! It was a wild ride. Hopefully she's learnt her lesson now and won't abort any more of God's children.

:jesus:
Ruby

Post by Ruby »

This is her climbing out of her body. Before the old man resurrected her on the Christ-child's birthday. :sman:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Little My

Post by Little My »

Well that sounds utterly fucking awful!

I watched A Castle for Christmas at the weekend, and that was a great synopsis, Bea. :)) It wasn't really christmasy enough for my liking though.

I have already rewatched Christmas Inheritance, and I shall be hitting more Christmas movies this week. :sman:
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

Oh my actual god. :lol:

I had an unfair hangover last weekend and ended up having a brilliant time lying on the sofa eating sausage rolls and watching Last Christmas (which was more ridiculous than I expected, but Emma Thompson was marvellous) and something where a city slicker woman inherits a Christmas tree farm and of course is torn between her rich but evil boyfriend and the nice man in the checked shirt who lives in wholesome-town, which was everything I needed but I can't remember what it was called.

Is that Norwegian programme coming back this year? I HOPE SO.

ETA: Christmas Land!
Protected by the ejaculation of serpents
Tsu

Post by Tsu »

I watched Father Christmas is Back on Netflix with John Cleese and Liz Hurley. It was better than I thought it would be but a bit cheesy towards the end.
Rosa

Post by Rosa »

Mountain Goat wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 4:11 pmIs that Norwegian programme coming back this year? I HOPE SO.
Home for Christmas? I loved that. Sadly no sign of a new series this year.
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

Yes that's it! What a pity, I really enjoyed that the past two years.
H1ppychick

Post by H1ppychick »

I think they kind of resolved the plot with the second series so I’d be surprised (but pleased!) if there were to be a third.
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

Oh did they? I am TERRIBLE for forgetting things five minutes after they finish.
Epponnee Rae

Post by Epponnee Rae »

I’ve watched both the Christmas tree farm one, and the party planner one. Fine examples of the terrible genre.
Little My

Post by Little My »

Oh, I did already watch Father Christmas. That was not_good. I think I fell asleep and missed the ending.