Film 2022

absley

Re: Film 2022

Post by absley »

I'm really keen to see to Crawdads, so that's good to hear Flora.
Ella77

Post by Ella77 »

I really want to see that, reviews notwithstanding.
lazzbo

Post by lazzbo »

The reviews have put me off, I'm so suggestible. I did love that book though, although not the author, once I read more about her "conservation" work in Africa.
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

I’m not sure if I want to see it. I read the book while enduring the worst hangover of my life, and all I can think is, at least there won’t be all the shit poetry in the film?
Ella77

Post by Ella77 »

Oh my god, the poetry. I'd forgotten about that.
sally maclennane

Post by sally maclennane »

I'm going to see it in a few weeks, I don't bother too much about reviews.
Christ on a bendy bus son, don't be such a fucking faff arse
Luce

Post by Luce »

I’m not sure if I want to see that or not, either.

Everything Everywhere All At Once. I think this may be one of the best films I have ever seen. I feel quite changed from seeing. It felt like I was watching my own brain on film. I laughed a lot and also absolutely sobbed at the sheer way I felt so seen and so did T. I can’t stop thinking about it and there were moments where T and were just sat in absolute silence, taking it all in.
Marth
Location: London - but not by the sea. Nowhere near it in fact.

Post by Marth »

Luce wrote: Sun Jul 24, 2022 2:44 pm I’m not sure if I want to see that or not, either.

Everything Everywhere All At Once. I think this may be one of the best films I have ever seen. I feel quite changed from seeing. It felt like I was watching my own brain on film. I laughed a lot and also absolutely sobbed at the sheer way I felt so seen and so did T. I can’t stop thinking about it and there were moments where T and were just sat in absolute silence, taking it all in.
We all went to see this. Me, the SBs and sb1's girlfriend and we all loved it. It was crazily amazing.
Malan
Luce

Post by Luce »

I think I need to watch it again today, I can’t stop thinking about it.
Rosa

Post by Rosa »

Ooh, I really want to see that.
Derek Nimmo

Post by Derek Nimmo »

I loved it. It was like being on an acid trip in the best possible way, and at once was a tiny story on a very human scale but also vast and universal. J hated it, and I was flabbergasted.

Apparently, there's a longer Director's cut coming out soon.
Lily
Picker-Lily

Post by Lily »

I've finally, finally seen Top Gun Maverick, two years after everyone else. I really enjoyed it and loved the fact that Phoenix was one of the team without anything being made of the fact she's a woman. Excellent work all round. I know Tom Cruise is a weirdy but God he just gets better and better as an actor. My friend taught him to fly(helicopters not fighter jets!) and said he is a really decent chap so I trust his judgement.

I was so glad to see Val Kilmer, and thought the way they got him in was very clever. Great to see the old faces and stone new ones.
"You first have to find out who you are. Then you have to be it like mad."

My blog, if you are bored
Kleio

Post by Kleio »

In the early hours this morning I watched the Leo Grande movie. They treated the situation really well and it felt real. I was not expecting to see that much of Emma Thompson though!
Bat Macdui

Post by Bat Macdui »

Unsurprisingly, I loved Thor. :)) I would like to have a whole holiday in Taika Waititi's head, that would be amazing. Christian Bale was also amazing. :love2:

I also saw Brian and Charles the other week and it is truly everything anyone could want from a film where a man builds a robot friend in his shed. :love2: Me and Mum were helpless with laughter at some bits. :))
Flora Poste

Post by Flora Poste »

There is a Dad at school who looks just like the character Brian :)). Mr P and I have often commented on it, and we both dissolved into proper teenage fits of the giggles when he was sat in the same row as us when we saw Top Gun and the Brian and Charles trailer came on. Hopefully everyone thought we were just pissing ourselves at the trailer.
Marth
Location: London - but not by the sea. Nowhere near it in fact.

Post by Marth »

Bat Macdui wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 8:16 am Unsurprisingly, I loved Thor. :)) I would like to have a whole holiday in Taika Waititi's head, that would be amazing. Christian Bale was also amazing. :love2:

I also saw Brian and Charles the other week and it is truly everything anyone could want from a film where a man builds a robot friend in his shed. :love2: Me and Mum were helpless with laughter at some bits. :))
I didn't think I would like it, but I did. One particular bit near the end had everyone crying with laughter
Malan
Bat Macdui

Post by Bat Macdui »

I could probably identify that bit. My Mum keeps describing things as 'perilous' in a Charles voice now and it keeps setting me back off again. :mog:
sally maclennane

Post by sally maclennane »

I went to see Elvis tonight, I liked it but it was overly long. It was very Baz Luhrman but I like his style anyway.
Christ on a bendy bus son, don't be such a fucking faff arse
Epponnee Rae

Post by Epponnee Rae »

Brian and Charles is so good! Such a British film, IYKWIM. I saw it online at Sundance earlier this year and it was a bit of a sneak hit. It was the film that made me want to go to Wales as I think the closing shot is of a train that goes alongside a river and weir and it was so beautiful. I was relying on Bats to identify it!
H1ppychick

Post by H1ppychick »

Bullet Train is very funny (also pretty violent, if that squicks you out).