Great British Sewing Bee is back

rosy

Re: Great British Sewing Bee is back

Post by rosy »

Hazey_Jane wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 9:37 pm I have now got my service working but have missed the first two challenges. Who won them please?
Deleted spoiler!

Brogan’s made a play suit, not a jumpsuit.
Last edited by rosy on Wed Jun 29, 2022 9:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
It’s like a normal midlife crisis only with more chandeliers and foreign languages.
rosy

Post by rosy »

I love Annie’s jumpsuit though I’m not convinced of the fit on the bust.
It’s like a normal midlife crisis only with more chandeliers and foreign languages.
overthehill

Post by overthehill »

Hazey_Jane wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 9:46 pmThanks :)
I'm going to delete my post now, in case anyone is watching on catch-up.
"Inagh to China Motorcycle Ride" blog, if you're interested: www.inaghtochina.com :))
Kleio

Post by Kleio »

rosy wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 9:48 pm I love Annie’s jumpsuit though I’m not convinced of the fit on the bust.
I don’t think you could dance in it.
rosy

Post by rosy »

Oh, that’s a great result. I’m so pleased for her.
Kleio

Post by Kleio »

That’s really shocked me. I really was happy for any of them to win it though. They all deserved it for different reasons.
overthehill

Post by overthehill »

Excellent result.
"Inagh to China Motorcycle Ride" blog, if you're interested: www.inaghtochina.com :))
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

Brilliant choice for the winner.
Livilla

Post by Livilla »

rosy wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 9:48 pm I love Annie’s jumpsuit though I’m not convinced of the fit on the bust.
It was bagging up a bit around the crotch as her model walked too - but as a design I thought it was streets ahead of the others. They were such a talented group. And awww for Annie’s baby :love: (good looking parents, that one!).
overthehill

Post by overthehill »

Livilla wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 9:59 pm
It was bagging up a bit around the crotch as her model walked too - but as a design I thought it was streets ahead of the others. They were such a talented group. And awww for Annie’s baby :love: (good looking parents, that one!).
It bothered me a bit that the bodice seams didn't match up with the trouser darts. Otherwise, it was fabulously dramatic.
Luna

Post by Luna »

Brogan could only only make frilly girly things.
Annie’s jumpsuit was fab but I would like to know if the model could lift her arms up safely in it. I think Debra’s looked like the best fit but I didn’t like the material. If she’d chosen a black satin or crepe she would’ve smashed that.
Last edited by Luna on Thu Jun 30, 2022 6:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Turtle Bean

Post by Turtle Bean »

I did love Annie's jumpsuit in theory but in practice it was barely clinging to her model's nipples. I think I liked Debra's best. But any of them could have won aside from Brogan who just wasn't quite the standard of the others although I did like her jumpsuit, it was fun.
speedy gonzalez

Post by speedy gonzalez »

I loved the winning jumpsuit. Also loved the bouquets!
H1ppychick

Post by H1ppychick »

I loved that Annie won it as she’s long since been my quiet favourite, but I do think Man Yee was a bit robbed. Second in the pattern challenge, won the transformation, and her jumpsuit looked amazing, was impeccably made in two different and really tricky fabrics, and was a terrific fit too.
Hobbes

Post by Hobbes »

Luna wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 10:14 pm Brogan could only only make frilly girly things.
Annie’s jumpsuit was fab but I would like to know if the model could lift her arms up safely in it. I think Debra’s looked like the best fit but I didn’t like the material. If she’d chosen a black satin or crepe she would’ve smashed that.
We said exactly the same - if Debra had made her jumpsuit in a more luxurious fabric she would have smashed that. She was my slight favourite to win all along, but when she mentioned the peri menopause she was definitely my winner. :lol:

They were all fab though, and I didn’t mind who won, but I agree that Annie’s jumpsuit didn’t actually fit properly around the bust, it should have been higher. She was so creative with a lot of her designs though.

So sad it’s over, can we get Wendy on it next year please?
Cazza

Post by Cazza »

Raging! I binged the last three episodes last night as I had series linked them (don't have access to BBC iplayer in Ireland). Except the final was changed to BBC2 :tantrum:
overthehill

Post by overthehill »

Infuriating, isn't it?! The BBC got so many complaints. I'm in the same boat re BBC access in Ireland. I recorded all the episodes in case I missed one. In the end, I was lucky that I was in and able to see the final when it aired, otherwise it would have been gone forever.
Cazza

Post by Cazza »

So infuriatung OTH. I was all fuzzy and happy with the four of them being put through so continued with the final despite it being late and then the disappointment 😢
Squirrel

Post by Squirrel »

Oh no! Is it on YouTube?
overthehill

Post by overthehill »

Cazza wrote: Mon Jul 11, 2022 3:29 pm So infuriatung OTH. I was all fuzzy and happy with the four of them being put through so continued with the final despite it being late and then the disappointment 😢
I don't know whether one can download from iPlayer? Probably not, but I might look for a solution when in the UK at the end of the month.