Lord Sugar’s 2023 bunch of idiots

rosy

Re: Lord Sugar’s 2023 bunch of idiots

Post by rosy »

This is fucking ridiculous. The snake one looks like a child's bath toy and the product stains the skin. The star bottle looks cheap and nasty and is just Olay with pepper.
It’s like a normal midlife crisis only with more chandeliers and foreign languages.
overthehill

Post by overthehill »

Oh, thank God someone else is watching! :lol: This may be the worst yet!
"Inagh to China Motorcycle Ride" blog, if you're interested: www.inaghtochina.com :))
Kleio

Post by Kleio »

I’m just starting now. After a day spent trawling various places that sell men’s skin care I can confirm there’s a gap in the market for moisturiser that’s got an SPF in it.
Hazey_Jane

Post by Hazey_Jane »

Shrek!
overthehill

Post by overthehill »

Rochelle seems remarkably aptly dressed.
"Inagh to China Motorcycle Ride" blog, if you're interested: www.inaghtochina.com :))
rosy

Post by rosy »

I agree, OTH, I actually think these are the worst products they've ever come up with.
It’s like a normal midlife crisis only with more chandeliers and foreign languages.
overthehill

Post by overthehill »

On the other hand ... the pure comedy value! :mog:
Kleio

Post by Kleio »

It dyes your skin!
overthehill

Post by overthehill »

Fastest firing yet. But Avi needs to go too. How can he argue that the reason they lost was the branding. FFS. It. Dyes. Your. Skin. Idiots.
rosy

Post by rosy »

I don't think Avi deserved that- should have been Rochelle.
sally maclennane

Post by sally maclennane »

I hate Avi, he's such a bullshitter so I was happy to see him go but Rochelle was also awful, she deliberately sabotaged the product. Mainly because she was hacked off at not getting the PM role.
Christ on a bendy bus son, don't be such a fucking faff arse
Morganna

Post by Morganna »

I felt a bit sorry for Bradley. He did ok considering his numptie team saddled him with a product that turned people green. His idea of watering it down wasn't bad in the circumstances. I think I would just have cried. The packaging was hideous though.
Kleio

Post by Kleio »

I felt a bit sorry for Bradley too. Although he’s not really added anything to tasks he seems to be pretty fair and easy going.

He blamed ‘the team’ and then Avi responded by blaming Bradley. He also said well done to the other team and had tried to rescue the situation rather than just bitching about it.

I wanted to see Rochelle and Avi go. Tbf, Marnie too.
Lily
Picker-Lily

Post by Lily »

I would feel sorry for Bradley but his snake idea was so ridiculous it never should have got off the ground. Rochelle and Avi both needed to go - letting the product stain the skin is just maniacal.

I don't understand how these people have fulltime jobs. They all seem so inept.

I am either with Simba or Megan.
"You first have to find out who you are. Then you have to be it like mad."

My blog, if you are bored
overthehill

Post by overthehill »

Lily wrote: Sat Mar 04, 2023 11:43 am I don't understand how these people have fulltime jobs. They all seem so inept.
More than that, they actually purport to be running their own businesses. It's all, "I have experience. I know all about branding, product development, marketing, social media, [insert relevant expertise] ... It's literally what I do." They're mostly only a year or two out of uni. How???
Chicky

Post by Chicky »

Anti venom is definitely the worst product I’ve ever seen on the show. “looks like someone pooed out a mint aero” had me crying with laughter :mog:

They seem obsessed this series with having them make/formulate things. It leads to crap results which make good telly but I’d rather see them fail at actual business things rather than whether they can cook a burger or not.
Morganna

Post by Morganna »

Yes, it’s more an more obvious that they are set up to fail. The one that gets me is that they never get the results of focus groups until they have made the product, so the only possible benefit of having half the team offsite is that they might get a few minutes to think of how to counter a difficult question at the pitch. It would make far more sense to have the focus groups at the development stage. Similarly, not allowing them access to the Internet means that it is very easy for them to go down a blind alley and mess up the whole idea. Nobody can be an expert in everything, and what sort of business operates without any sort of basic research (which nowadays means at least a cursory google). It does make it more entertaining, but I’m losing patience with that side of things.
Lily
Picker-Lily

Post by Lily »

Yes I thought that Morgs: in real life surely you'd do a focus group before you went and presented a product? What on earth could Bradley do when presented with a cream which turned your skin green? I thought he did bloody well considering.

It has become more 'entertaining' than actually interesting.
"You first have to find out who you are. Then you have to be it like mad."

My blog, if you are bored
rosy

Post by rosy »

N’s bf has never watched Th’Apprentice before but watched the most recent episode with her. Apparently he spent the whole time asking why these people were so awful and incompetent, and didn’t really grasp that that’s why it’s compelling.
overthehill

Post by overthehill »

rosy wrote: Sat Mar 04, 2023 1:47 pm N’s bf has never watched Th’Apprentice before but watched the most recent episode with her. Apparently he spent the whole time asking why these people were so awful and incompetent, and didn’t really grasp that that’s why it’s compelling.
R can't bear watching the tasks themselves. I think one has to forgive a certain amount due to general lack of expertise or information, but it's the lack of basic literacy, numeracy, and common sense, that drives us insane. The difference is that, while I find it entertaining, R finds it infuriating. He always comes back into the room for the boardroom scenes though. :lol: