Book Notes

dizzyd
Englebert Humperdizz

Re: Book Notes

Post by dizzyd »

And now I've just downloaded Rachel's holiday. I will have the paperback somewhere but I much prefer reading on the Kindle due to the weight etc.

I have an old voyage that I got for my 40th I'll be 48 this year so they do last

Est have search on Amazon for free Kindle books and see what's available to you also libraries over here do an ebook borrowing service so that might be useful as well

There used to be a top 100 free and top 100 99p list that changed daily
My nail blog - you can also link to my instagram account through there
http://naildart.blogspot.co.uk
baargain
The Baarometer of Style

Post by baargain »

You can sign up to a daily kindle deal email too, some are tosh, but you get some good ones.
Arrietty

Post by Arrietty »

I have a Kindle Paperwhite and love it. My main recommendation is to get a good sturdy cover for it, as my previous Kindles met with unfortunate bottom-related accidents :lol:

I read mostly at night, so the fact that it is backlit is a winner, and it’s just lovely to be able to select and start reading a new book at 3am without waking anyone and that is what really clinched it for me. That and the convenience when travelling :mog:
Ismee

Post by Ismee »

My sister gave me her kindle paperwhite when she upgraded and I love it. As others have said, being able to comfortably read in bed with it as its so light is fab and because it has a background light it doesn't disturb Mr Is. I still read books too though.
Disco

Post by Disco »

I love my Kindle. I got it a year ago and chose the paperwhite after consulting the tmt masses. I agree the unlimited isn't worth it but I only read for about 20 minutes before I turn in for the night so don't read tens of books a year.
Loralei

Post by Loralei »

I really fancy a paperwhite and was a little disappointed recently when my current Kindle, which seemed to be on its last legs, decided to rally :lg:
Zoomer

Post by Zoomer »

I really need to do more reading this year, so I have joined Goodreads and am currently adding as many Turtles as I see for inspiration.
Lola

Post by Lola »

Loralei wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 1:00 pm I really fancy a paperwhite and was a little disappointed recently when my current Kindle, which seemed to be on its last legs, decided to rally :lg:
You can trade it in & they give you a credit on your account and a voucher for 20% off a new one.
olive
Really Creepy

Post by olive »

I love my kindle paperwhite and second/ third/ fourth all the recommendations.

I don’t use unlimited as I don’t feel it’s good value for me but Mr O and the boys do a lot. I’ve actually managed to get a few books I’ve wanted to read through the 99p daily deal though as my kindle is still connected to my U.K. Amazon account.

I read A man called Ove, Anxious People and Eligible (the Curtis Sittenfeld reimagining of Pride and Prejudice) and enjoyed them all.

I should crack on with The Mountains Sing next for my book club but fancy one of the others in pile (either The Husbands or American Royals which seems like it’ll be perfectly trashy).
Disco

Post by Disco »

I'm currently reading Miriam Margoyles' memoir book which I bought because it was 99p.
sally maclennane

Post by sally maclennane »

I got that at Christmas, Diccers, I enjoyed it.

I'm really enjoying The Vanishing Half now.
Christ on a bendy bus son, don't be such a fucking faff arse
Estrella

Post by Estrella »

Right, the Paperwhite is being ordered but won’t arrive until 14 Jan.

Thanks for the heads up on the library - my local does ebooks too, so will get onto that. My “want to read” list on GoodReads is up to 21 books now.
Pawpads

Post by Pawpads »

If you have Amazon Prime you get access to Prime Reading. Like unlimited, it can be a bit hit and miss but it can be worth a look at.

According to Goodreads, I finished last year on 44 books.
Zoomer

Post by Zoomer »

I've started reading The Husbands but I'm not sure I'll get through it with my relationship intact, it's making me so angry already. Fucking men.
Cerise

Post by Cerise »

Disco wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 5:44 pm I'm currently reading Miriam Margoyles' memoir book which I bought because it was 99p.
It’s £10.99 now!
Disco

Post by Disco »

Oh wow! It might have been 99p because I've got Prime?
Edith Bacon

Post by Edith Bacon »

I’ve think it was on the Daily 99p Kindle email recently. I swerved it because someone on here (I think) said they got rageous or similar with it. I wish I’d bought it now.
Kenickie
Kenneth Attenborough

Post by Kenickie »

Kenickie wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 8:53 am
I've just started a Lisa Jewel thriller, The Night She Disappeared.
This was decent, much better than her other thrillers I think.

I can't put library books on my Kindle, Est. I used to be able to do it via calibre but that doesn't work for me anymore so I read library ones on my phone.
If your back's against the wall, turn around and write on it.
Wiggle

Post by Wiggle »

Cerise wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 11:22 pm
Disco wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 5:44 pm I'm currently reading Miriam Margoyles' memoir book which I bought because it was 99p.
It’s £10.99 now!
I really can't understand how the digital version is more expensive than paperback.
Chicky

Post by Chicky »

I finished Hillary Clinton’s State of Terror, it was enjoyable enough but a bit contrived.

Now on to Rachel’s Holiday #bandwagon