Podcasts & Blogs I like

Ruby

Re: Podcasts & Blogs I like

Post by Ruby »

sally maclennane wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 7:09 am There is an update on Bear Brook, if anyone listened to that.
I've listened. It was a good update too. I hate it when an update shows up on my app and it's either a trailer for a new podcast or a Q&A or something.

Is anyone listening to The Dream? It's about MLMs.
smalex

Post by smalex »

I also listened. I'm glad there's been (most of a) conclusion.

No, I'll give it a try. I've watched a few documentaries on netflix about MLMs recently though. They do pique my interest.
sally maclennane

Post by sally maclennane »

smalex wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 7:44 pm Oh I was talking about the Peter Bergmann thing :lol:

I was put off West Cork because of the audible subscription, but it's worth the hassle of subscribing and cancelling, I take it?
Oh sorry, l thought you meant WC! I think it was worth it, I've yet to go through the process of unsubscribing though :))
Christ on a bendy bus son, don't be such a fucking faff arse
smalex

Post by smalex »

Ruby wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 1:52 pm
This is really interesting. The woman doing it is really good (I'm getting so picky about podcasts being clearly presented in a decent format :)) )
baargain
The Baarometer of Style

Post by baargain »

smalex wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 12:31 pm
This is really interesting. The woman doing it is really good (I'm getting so picky about podcasts being clearly presented in a decent format :)) )
I thought that too! I am really enjoying it too.
Ruby

Post by Ruby »

smalex wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 12:31 pm
Yes! It's really well put together.
Suzi.Q

Post by Suzi.Q »

If anyone watched Chernobyl the accompanying podcast is really good.
smalex

Post by smalex »

Suzi.Q wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 12:56 pm If anyone watched Chernobyl the accompanying podcast is really good.
Oh I meant to mention this. I found it SO fascinating.
Duophonic

Post by Duophonic »

I've been listening to The Strange Death of Innes Ewart. Very well done about a young man's death registered as suicide but there's a few strange details. My only issue is that the presenter has an upwards inflection on every sentence which is annoying.
BRING ON THE TRUMPETS!

Princess Clacky Thing
smalex

Post by smalex »

Duophonic wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 1:57 pm I've been listening to The Strange Death of Innes Ewart. Very well done about a young man's death registered as suicide but there's a few strange details. My only issue is that the presenter has an upwards inflection on every sentence which is annoying.
I finished this today. May we discuss? I have Things To Say
Duophonic

Post by Duophonic »

Yes - start in 3,2,1...
BRING ON THE TRUMPETS!

Princess Clacky Thing
sally maclennane

I am listening to Evil Has a Name about the Golden State Killer, it's interesting but there is a lot of detail about the attacks :uhh:
smalex

Post by smalex »

Well. It did seem like an odd situation. I think I could believe he was mugged and murdered but they didn't really dwell enough on what he was doing there in the first place?
I did find it all compelling but didn't think his investigations for the podcast seemed to reveal much more than he evidently already knew.
I felt in general he was quite biased towards big police fuck up/he got murdered.
Duophonic

Post by Duophonic »

I've read a few things on the EAR/EARONS and it's one of the few things that genuinely frightened me.

Smal - Yes he didn't dive into the original investigation that much.

I did find out that the presenter had previously researched and produced a TV documentary on the same subject. Did he just jump on the podcast bandwagon or does he think it will generate more leads?

What was Innes doing there? His mum saying that he liked to check things out didn't really ring true. I have no idea about that area of London but really would you have a wander around an area off the beaten track just because a pal's brother stayed there.

Why did he withdraw all that money? Where did it go? If the place was rife with crime that especially was conducted on that roof, why was he up there? Was he threatened and taken up there?

I have so many questions.
BRING ON THE TRUMPETS!

Princess Clacky Thing
smalex

Post by smalex »

Yes, I just thought the idea that perhaps he was somehow into something he shouldn't have been, in over his head, was a more compelling explanation than he went to London without telling anyone, wandered round an area he didn't know and wasn't that desirable, with a load of money in his pocket and then had the terrible misfortune to be mugged and murdered (which, even given it wasn't a nice area was probably a statistically unlikely thing to happen). But they didn't seem to entertain that as a possibility.
Also, the mum didn't like the girlfriend but never really said why.
I came to the conclusion he jumped on the bandwagon a bit. I mean maybe more leads would come of it. Friends who knew more of his state of mind or perhaps his habits he might have kept from family?
Duophonic

Post by Duophonic »

I think that's the most sensible theory if suicide is discounted, that he possibly had gotten into something or in with a bad crowd which drew him to that area.

I thought maybe gambling debts or similar which would explain the missing money and watch.
BRING ON THE TRUMPETS!

Princess Clacky Thing
smalex

Post by smalex »

Yeah I thought gambling or drugs.
sally maclennane

I finished Evil Has a Name yesterday, I liked it although I thought the later episodes were better.

Listened to the first 3 episodes of the Innes Ewart podcast today. The narrator's voice really annoys me.
baargain
The Baarometer of Style

Post by baargain »

Did someone here recommend Shreds? I'm part way through it, I worked with the Icelandic psychologist! I helped find participants to validate his Suggestibility Scale!
Chicky

Post by Chicky »

Has anyone listened to the latest In the Dark with the Curtis Flowers update? :hot: :bruce: