Prince Andrew?

Livilla

Re: Prince Andrew?

Post by Livilla »

Bat Macdui wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 8:51 am He's also so well oiled with privilege he can't even see how vile he is. He's not just sleazy, he's a child rapist and he didn't think someone being convicted of paedophilia was, you know, a reason not to associate with them. He's assuming his power and position will protect him, because it always has. The only grim pleasure to be had is thinking exactly *how* pissed off the Queen will be with him. Don't fancy Christmas at Sandringham this year. Harry and Megan are well out of it.
Having watched the interview now, I more or less agree with Bats, save for the bit that he may not have had sex with Virginia - some of her evidence is not consistent with his actual movements as shown in third party press coverage, for example, and some of it is highly unlikely to be true (her Dad reported that she told him that Prince Andrew took her to Buckingham Palace and introduced her tot he Queen for example, which seems....pretty improbable) but yeah - the arrogance! :no:
Tsu

Post by Tsu »

I could tell you a couple of stories about his behaviour that are outrageous but I can't.
Suffice it to say that I wouldn't believe him if he told me that today was Sunday.
Lily
Picker-Lily

Post by Lily »

Could you put them in Members? :beak:
"You first have to find out who you are. Then you have to be it like mad."

My blog, if you are bored
Tsu

Post by Tsu »

When I'm home and not typing on my phone with one finger.
Lily
Picker-Lily

Post by Lily »

:bel:

Rebel Pebble

Post by Rebel Pebble »

Didn't watch this or really clock much about it last night and this morning I wondered why on earth my local Pizza Express was trending.

Can't bring myself to watch it now - he sounds vile and entitled and a total fucking creep.
Hazey_Jane

Post by Hazey_Jane »

Rebel Pebble wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 2:13 pm
Can't bring myself to watch it now - he sounds vile and entitled and a total fucking creep.
I know this all sounds made up and internet Chinese whispers but my best friend’s ex worked at the palace, in one of the lowliest positions, something like minor under footman on minimum wage. He’s told her enough stories to her over the years - and in turn her to me- and he would heartily concur with your assessment of him.

Lily would be delighted to hear that Prince Charles is apparently charming and looks out for all the staff.
Lily
Picker-Lily

Post by Lily »

I am pleased to hear that.

I feel the same, Rebs. I know I should watch it to make my own assessment of it rather than just going on what everyone else says, but I heard a snippet on Radio 4 and I can't bear to watch him claim he was being 'honourable'. You've been, at the very least, an amoral dick - own your dickness. We have all made errors of judgement, some more than others :look: - admit it and take the consequences rather than try to wriggle out of it.

Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

I still think he’s to blame for the fire at Windsor Castle.
Ruby

Post by Ruby »

Pippedydeadeye wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 10:38 pm I still think he’s to blame for the fire at Windsor Castle.
:lol: Oh I BET he is. I am fully prepared to believe this.
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

He was the only one in at the time. I called it back then.
sally maclennane

Post by sally maclennane »

I have just watched it. He's utterly reprehensible. And either very thick, or very arrogant. Or both, probably.

He expects people to believe that he FLEW to new York to end a "friendship" with someone he'd not spoken to for FOUR years, because he had to to end it in person. If anyone believes that, I have a bridge for sale...

He also still thinks it was "beneficial" that he met Epstein! I mean, it's a pity that he turned out to be a nonce, but the contacts the man had were second to none. It's a bit like excusing Jimmy Savile because he made good telly programmes :ella:

He (Andeew) is beneath contempt. Not a word about the victims, and very scant condemnation of the actual crimes.
Christ on a bendy bus son, don't be such a fucking faff arse
Disco

Post by Disco »

"Unbecoming" behaviour. Vile prick.
sally maclennane

Disco wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 11:23 pm "Unbecoming" behaviour. Vile prick.
Emily Maitliss' face at that was an actual picture :))
Disco

Post by Disco »

I know! I rewound to see the look on her face again. :))
Morganna

Post by Morganna »

He started off saying that he wasn't really friends with Epstein, and knew him only because of his (dubious) girlfriend, then switched to saying that he felt honour bound to take four days to tell him he shouldn't associate with him any more. That alone is lacking in logic or any sort of likelyhood, surely.
smalex

Post by smalex »

Yes Epstein was just a plus one but simultaneously so important he had to honourably end the friendship (4yrs after he'd last seen him) by staying with him for 4 days in his house it was convenient to stay in in a city with hundreds of luxury hotels. And how else could an incredibly well connected and internationally famous royal make connections in business but by making friends with a paedophile. He had no choice. God knows where British trade wouldve been now without this.
Honestly my 8yr old can string together a better lie than this.
Shoe

Post by Shoe »

Hazey_Jane wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 2:40 pm Lily would be delighted to hear that Prince Charles is apparently charming and looks out for all the staff.
To play devil's advocate. I've met him; he was a rude, arrogant prick. :perky:

I haven't watched the programme cause I'd get too angry but I am sure Andrew is well dodgy.
Ella77

Post by Ella77 »

Charles is a total prick, agreed.
sally maclennane

We should really just get rid of them all ;)