Prince Andrew?

Morganna

Re: Prince Andrew?

Post by Morganna »

True.

The lawyers for the victims want him to testify in court. I don't know if he can be compelled to do so, but if he does, it will all be settled one way or another.
Lily
Picker-Lily

Post by Lily »

Well if he has nothing to hide he will be happy to go along and speak out about his dead mate's "unbecoming" behaviour, won't he.
"You first have to find out who you are. Then you have to be it like mad."

My blog, if you are bored
smalex

Post by smalex »

Yes, it doesn't seem to be the accusers who are afraid of a day in court.
smalex

Post by smalex »

I've watched it now. She seemed pretty credible, I thought. The programme did highlight a couple of alleged inconsistencies in her story but I think in comparison to the inconsistencies and the stretches in credulity in Andrew's story, I'd be far more willing to believe her over him.
Bat Macdui

Post by Bat Macdui »

I am quite happy to believe he's guilty of everything. Especially the Windsor Castle fire. :yes:
kiwi

Post by kiwi »

She came across as quite credible to me, but then I am like Bats and willing to believe pretty much any accusation against him. :))
Edith Bacon

Post by Edith Bacon »

I haven’t seen the programme yet but I’ve listened to a lot of forensic discussion about Epstein and Andrew. I’m not sure what good ‘sworn’ testimony will do because I don’t doubt for one second that he would lie under oath in order to protect himself and the royal family. Whilst ever the only evidence is the word of victims - no matter how credible - he’s just going to keep denying and denying until it all dies down or ‘better’, irrefutable evidence is made public. And with his connections, the chances of that happening are both fat and slim.
Morganna

Post by Morganna »

I also think that the timing of the media coverage is ‘interesting’. I’d love to see the schedule plans for Newsnight topics. Obviously they have to change topics as news breaks, but releasing this, after all this time, in the middle of an election campaign might seem deliberate to a cynic. The story won’t go away, but it might not be as explosive as it would have been in a slower news period.
smalex

Post by smalex »

TBF, I don't think we have 'slow' news periods at the moment.
Morganna

Post by Morganna »

No, but there has been twenty years since all this happened, so waiting till now does beg questions about timing.
Bat Macdui

Post by Bat Macdui »

The Panorama was filmed a few months ago, then delayed because Andrew decided to do his interview, and that was a massive scoop for the BBC. I don't think the timing is great, but then, it's not *massively* an election issue. No party is standing on an Institute a Republic manifesto. Maybe Lord Binhead? I've not read his.
Bat Macdui

Post by Bat Macdui »

Sorry. Count Binface.
smalex

Post by smalex »

Well, Epstein was only re-arrested in July 2019, and 'killed himself' in august, so that's re-invigorated these stories. Presumably Andrew only granted his interview on the basis of the increased level of scrutiny and questioning he faced because of the renewed interest in the story... one thing leads to another.
Topcat

Post by Topcat »

Lord Buckethead? :lol:
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

Bat Macdui wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 11:36 am I am quite happy to believe he's guilty of everything. Especially the Windsor Castle fire. :yes:
He’s definitely an arsonist in my view.
Morganna

Post by Morganna »

I meant more in the sense of 'good day to bury bad news', but maybe not.
smalex

Post by smalex »

In some ways I think its gathered more attention because people are interested in a story that isn't Brexit/politics/election
Kleio

Post by Kleio »

I’m hoping it’s taken them so long to arrest Ghislane Maxwell because they’ve built a watertight case.

Will all the others fall like dominos?
kiwi

Post by kiwi »

I so hope Andrew gets hauled over the coals, he must be shitting himself at what she has on him.
Bat Macdui

Post by Bat Macdui »

I think the odds of 'sad fatal Landrover accident in secluded part of Balmoral' just went up exponentially. :))