Juvenile Jibber Jabber

Loralei

Re: Juvenile Jibber Jabber

Post by Loralei »

wendy james wrote: Thu Nov 28, 2019 2:37 pm Has she seen that old dinosaurs programme where the baby shouts NOT THE MAMA! a lot? It might amuse.
No! I don't know what this is but it sounds right up TD's alley :))

Their confusion is very sweet, especially about daddies having to have beards. When Bert was tiny J once referred to when he was a girl, and it turned out he thought all babies were born girls and then grew into boys :puddled:
wendy james

Post by wendy james »

I hear you on the ape questions!

Earlier today:-

Sproglette: Ella is a lesbian. No, wait, what is it? Like in space. I’m a s-s-s...
Elvis: Celebrity?
Me: You’re Sagittarius, Ella is a Libran.
Loralei

Post by Loralei »

:lol:
Kenickie
Kenneth Attenborough

Post by Kenickie »

My sister told nephew five that he could make a wish when stirring the Christmas cake, but it had to be a secret. She overheard him saying to himself, really quietly, 'I wish paw patrol were real'. :lol:
If your back's against the wall, turn around and write on it.
Leap
Glitz 'n' Glam

Post by Leap »

Aww Ken!! :lol:
Loralei

Post by Loralei »

That's so sweet :love2:
wendy james

Post by wendy james »

Bless!
Princess Morripov

Post by Princess Morripov »

Oh! :love2:

I tried to video a message of Tupac saying “happy birthday Guncle Pauly” for my brother last week, for some reason it would only translate to Tupac shouting “happy birthday Barry!” repeatedly so my brother now has a new name :mog:
Zoomer

Post by Zoomer »

That’s really cute, Beatrix.

I’ve started calling Anna ‘Mary’ as she’s so fucking contrary about everything these days. The latest was last night, arguing about her having her bath.
Me: «We’ll, I’m the grown-up, so I get to decide. This isn’t a democracy, you know! »
A, in an outraged voice: « It IS a mockcracy! »

I’m now going to lobby for this to be included in the dictionary. « Mockcracy, noun: A political system wherein people have been deluded into thinking their vote counts. » :))
Zoomer

Post by Zoomer »

A to me yesterday, "I've seen enough of Daddy for today."

Poor J had been doing 90% of the childcare Tuesday and Wednesady, because of school strikes and me being really busy. Apparently his efforts were not appreciated. :lol:
Froozy

Post by Froozy »

They’re so brutal.

S had his nativity today and we’ve been talking about what he did in it (he was one of three stars), ‘and then I walked to Bethlehem. It was in the corner.’
Loralei

Post by Loralei »

Froozy wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 10:44 pm S had his nativity today and we’ve been talking about what he did in it (he was one of three stars), ‘and then I walked to Bethlehem. It was in the corner.’
:mog:

Poor, unappreciated J!
Kenickie
Kenneth Attenborough

Post by Kenickie »

Mary and Joseph really made a meal out of that journey to the corner.
If your back's against the wall, turn around and write on it.
Froozy

Post by Froozy »

There were two Marys, one Joseph, two baby jesus (es/ii?), a rabbit and a unicorn on the first journey.

Then the angels showed the sheep and the dingo the way, and then the stars guided the dinosaur, dragon and three santas. Canon it was not :))
Loralei

Post by Loralei »

That's brilliant! Did they just work with whatever fancy dress the children brought in? Although presumably not, or there would have been at least one Spiderman and probably a Rapunzel around the manger :lol:
olive
Really Creepy

Post by olive »

Froozy wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 10:44 pm
S had his nativity today and we’ve been talking about what he did in it (he was one of three stars), ‘and then I walked to Bethlehem. It was in the corner.’
:mog: Brilliant. I love the cast of the nativity too.

T wrote his letter to FC and thanked him for his service. I couldn’t stop laughing at the formality. :))
Froozy

Post by Froozy »

Loralei wrote: Fri Dec 20, 2019 2:49 pm That's brilliant! Did they just work with whatever fancy dress the children brought in? Although presumably not, or there would have been at least one Spiderman and probably a Rapunzel around the manger :lol:
They all chose a couple of weeks ago and there was a rule that once a letter had gone home saying what they wanted to be they couldn’t change their mind. One of the other classes had a couple of Luke Skywalkers so I think it was pretty much choose what you like :))

So polite, Olive! I love how their minds work.
Jet

Post by Jet »

These are great :lol: S was also rather formal with Santa this year and also added a note that we’d leave him lots of cookies.

My niece has been on ace form this week -

While eating homemade pizza she claimed she didn’t like the decorations

She was sitting next to L eating and L was wearing a batman suit. she’d been mixing up the boys a bit and often just saying “the boy” or “that boy” so Mum asked who it was and she said “he’s batman”

She also excitedly told me “Auntie J, I love these boys!” :love2:
Half-ten?! Half-ten?! I've never been up at half-ten! What happens?
smalex

Post by smalex »

olive wrote: Fri Dec 20, 2019 3:18 pm .

T wrote his letter to FC and thanked him for his service. I couldn’t stop laughing at the formality. :))
:mog:

W and I were watching the news yesterday and they did a bit about the terrible reviews for Cats. W made joke 'it sounds like a CATastrophe' which was genuinely funny and we laughed. Anyway. This morning he retold the story to his dad but couldn't get the word catastrophe right so said 'it sounds like a catstoph...no...strophic...wait...cataphobe... catst...' :mog:
olive
Really Creepy

Post by olive »

M just asked me how babies come out. I tried to fob him off with them growing in a woman’s tummy and he said ‘yes I know, that but how do they make their grand entrance?’

I told him to get T and explained to them both about vaginas. M said ‘please tell me I didn’t come out of that!’ He then asked if I did a wee and he fell out. (If only).

T said it sounded a lot like taking a big poo so thinks it might hurt a bit but then also asked if it was like a laundry chute down there. :uhh:

Thankfully they didn’t ask anymore about the mechanics of it so we didn’t get to where the seed actually comes from or how it gets into the woman.

:ruby: I’m buying a book so Mr O can explain the mechanics.