Holidays, trips & travel 2020

Princess Morripov

Re: Holidays, trips & travel 2020

Post by Princess Morripov »

Are you coming to see me Ken? :)) :disco:

Bala is lovely, as is Deganwy/Conwy, Anglesey etc but I guess it’s dependant on what you want?

We are going to Tenerife in May (baby club :disco: :lol: ) and then I have my brothers “Sten” in the SoF in June, then we have some time away for their wedding, and after that I want to thumb in a week away before I go back to work. Hopefully we can have a few weekends away in Norman too, if we get some decent weather.
Ismee

Post by Ismee »

I havena weekend in Lisbon booked in Feb with friends (one of my best friend's Mum and Dad have an apartment there). I can't really afford it but it was booked ages ago.

In May the five of us are going to Turkey with my in laws. Mr Is's Nan left some money so they've paid for us all to go, it's a really plush resort too.

I hope we can get away in the Summer but it all depends on what happens with Mr Is's job. :fc:
kiwi

Post by kiwi »

We've blown the double glazing money on a trip to Vietnam in March. Who needs windows? :shrug: Nothing else booked so far but no doubt we will do a couple of weekends in London for museums etc, maybe a trip to somewhere Europe for sun later in the year.
olive
Really Creepy

Post by olive »

Estrella wrote: Wed Jan 01, 2020 9:41 pm So many lovely travel plans for the year!

2020 is all about camping again for us. We have a few days booked this month at a lake near Noosa and Easter is booked for the Sunshine Coast hinterland. I’m trying to fix up a beach weekend for Feb too.
My in laws have moved to the Sunshine Coast and it looks like we’re heading out there next Christmas so Noosa is on my list of places to visit!

Apart from Australia we’ll try and stopover somewhere but all travel is dependant on whether we’re still living here or back in the UK. :ruby: We might try and go away at Spring Break but again too much is up in the air for us to decide anything.
Luce

Post by Luce »

I'm also jealous of your east coast trip, Smal!

I'm also going to Mexico - we've got two weeks booked in Tulum in July/August. I've also got CP booked for Halloween weekend in October and a trip with just me, T and our best friends to a cottage in Northumberland in March. I've never been! We'll be able to get pissed in peace without the kids causing chaos.

I'd like to book something for just T and I, too, although we're not sure where. It needs to be a 2/3ish hour flight from Leeds/Bradford and somewhere we've never been but that is our only criteria so far!
Estrella

Post by Estrella »

It’s a gorgeous part of the world, Olive. I bet you’ll love visiting (if it weren’t for jobs and commute I’d live on the Sunny Coast in a heartbeat) We only actually live about 45 mins drive away from the southern end of it.
Dandelion

Post by Dandelion »

2020 is all about saving for us, so no long haul trips this year. I will be in Bali for 4 days in March with work (the annual sales awards thing) but that’s it unless they throw any other freebies my way!

MrD and I are going to Porto for our anniversary - it will be our first child free trip since S came along. I have a package holiday booked to Rhodes with my best friend and then in the summer the four of us plus the in-laws will be heading to Spain for a week. Just trying to figure out the why’s and wherefores - SIL is taking her time in deciding if she wants to come.

We also have Centerparcs booked for November (I love winter wonderland!)
smalex

Post by smalex »

Luce wrote: Wed Jan 01, 2020 11:03 pm I'm also jealous of your east coast trip, Smal!

I'm also going to Mexico - we've got two weeks booked in Tulum in July/August.
Tulum was lovely! We went and wandered round it one day, its definitely the chic place to stay in RM.
Epponnee Rae

Post by Epponnee Rae »

Some good plans here already!

Cos has reminded me that I need to go back to Tofino. It’s a long old slog even for me, especially as I’d like to make it a road trip in my car.

Anyway, I am already on my first trip of the year, spending about 9 days in Vietnam with my brother. We’ve been very ad hoc with plans but have just spent 3 days on Phu Quoc island, now in HCMC for 3 days and will finish with a couple of days in Hanoi :ready: So far this trip has reminded me that I’ve actually seen very little of SE Asia (apart from my first trip to Vietnam 15+ years ago and quick work trips) and that I really ought to have come back before now.

I have also booked a retro A-frame cabin, that also has a refurbished 60s airstream as one of the bedrooms :weewee: just outside Rainier National Park for a couple of days in February for a hopefully snowy break. Some friends are also trying to plan a few days in Palm Springs in Feb/March which would be amazing. Apart from that it’s a bit up in the air. I’m hoping to take a chunk of time off around my (big) birthday and sisters wedding in May. If I can I’d like to spend a couple of weeks bopping around Europe. Denmark, Amsterdam, Italy, Portugal and Spain are all top of mind. Back in the US I am due another Hawaii trip, and the my Portland friend wants us to go down to Crater Lake and probably the OR coast again. I need to bag another couple of National Parks after making it to Grand Canyon and Death Valley last year. Maybe this is the year for Yellowstone?

For work I am hoping to go to Tanzania in February and possibly hopefully to Rwanda in June (though that’s much more tentative). I might get a China/Beijing trip in there, but again all TBD later in the year.
FiveO'Clock

Post by FiveO'Clock »

Epp, your life always sounds so exciting!

Tickets are booked to London and Edinburgh for ten days in April. I hope we can see Cornwall on the next trip over.
We live fairly close to Chicago, so if this new dog boarder works out, I'm hoping for some weekends there. Nothing else planned yet.
Kenickie
Kenneth Attenborough

Post by Kenickie »

I will look into Dungeness, but I want a sandy beach really.
Princess Morripov wrote: Wed Jan 01, 2020 10:05 pm Are you coming to see me Ken? :)) :disco:

Bala is lovely, as is Deganwy/Conwy, Anglesey etc but I guess it’s dependant on what you want?
I will come and squish some tiny rappers. ;)

Thanks for the recs. I guess I'm looking for somewhere with some nice sandy beaches, possibly some nice easy walks and some decent places to eat. I quite like ultra tacky traditional seaside resorts too.

I'm very jealous of the Mexico trips, I think that's my favourite holiday still.
If your back's against the wall, turn around and write on it.
Derek Nimmo

Post by Derek Nimmo »

Camber sands just outside Rye has a huge sandy beach. Dungeness is an other worldly mass of shingle!
Marth
Location: London - but not by the sea. Nowhere near it in fact.

Post by Marth »

I loved Dungeness. Such a weird place. We stayed in Rye Harbour when we went.

I have nothing really planned yet. Apart from Oxford this week.

I'm also planning to walk some of St Cuthbert's Way in April with my very very very best friends. We plan to end up on Holy Island on Easter Sunday.
Malan
Kenickie
Kenneth Attenborough

Post by Kenickie »

I didn't realise they were so close together! I've been to Rye and Camber a few years back. It is quite near some relatives so maybe I should return. :puzz:

That sounds very appropriate, Marth.
If your back's against the wall, turn around and write on it.
smalex

Post by smalex »

Ella77 wrote: Wed Jan 01, 2020 9:55 pm
Thank you. I’ve gone from being completely uninterested in LA in the past to *really* wanting to go and have a bimble around. I’m not even sure what or where, but I did a lot of research last time and I still have all the details from my lengthy travel insurance claim :lol:. Some hiking in the hills maybe.
Interesting! I do feel like I dismissed it based on driving around the freeway and through a few suburbs, which isn't really fair :)) . So many people (who presumably have the means to live elsewhere if they choose) seem to love living there, afterall!

Epp, I'm so envious of Vietnam! Have fun. It looks incredible.
Demelza

Post by Demelza »

Ella77 wrote: Wed Jan 01, 2020 9:55 pm In Palm Springs I want to go to Joshua Tree National Park most of all, but also on the aerial tramway and all that, plus a look at all the mad mid-century architecture. And just see some sunshine!
The Joshua Tree NP was one of my favourite parts of the road trip we did a few years ago – I'd have happily stayed there much longer than the few days we did.

We have nothing planned yet but I want to sort something out soon. We'll go to Cornwall for a few weekends and also West Wales, as our friends have a cottage there. I really want to book a big trip as well – although it will be expensive, the two older children are unlikely to be able to or want to come away with us for much longer and I'd like to do a big family trip with them, possibly Canada East Coast or Seattle/Vancouver.
Glint

Post by Glint »

Kenickie wrote: Thu Jan 02, 2020 8:53 am
Thanks for the recs. I guess I'm looking for somewhere with some nice sandy beaches, possibly some nice easy walks and some decent places to eat. I quite like ultra tacky traditional seaside resorts too.
You could come and visit me, but you would probably only have a 2 day window for decent weather :))
wendy james

Post by wendy james »

We are all going to Glasgow in April (P for the first time) to stay with Shoe, and I’ve booked a return to the campsite near Burnham-on-Sea where we will do the 5k/1k race along the beach. TC and H are joining us for that weekend.

Other than that, I’m unsure. I have a bazillion PPI claims in progress so if any money comes out of that we might do the IOW Ready Camp again. Otherwise, it will just be camping weekends in the SW through the warmer months.
Ella77

Post by Ella77 »

That’s good to know, Demelza! It looks wonderful.
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

I would like to get a weekend in London, and one in Anglesey if we can, but flipping rugby dominates almost all our weekends Sept-May. :lg:

We’re looking at Cyprus for a summer poolside holiday, but considering all options on that really. Whatever we do, I don’t want to be totally resort based.