Would you like a traditional beak?

Blondiejude

Re: Would you like a traditional beak?

Post by Blondiejude »

Ooo Chicky I’m going to see that with my friend Thursday, let me know what it’s like!
Blondiejude

Post by Blondiejude »

I love biryanis I haven’t had one for years though.
emma_p

Post by emma_p »

Good evening!

I am about to commence another round of fake carluccio's penne giardiniera. The kids ate theirs before I took George to samba soccer. Liv and I then went on to pick up a tiny bargain denim skirt before coming home. We almost got blown all the way to the shopping centre and back - it's so windy! Luckily S is picking G up.
The grown up version will have a side of green beans salad with loads of parmesan and we'll drink badoit.
Last edited by emma_p on Tue Jan 14, 2020 8:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Duophonic

Post by Duophonic »

I made a biryani the other night and it was a bit too much effort for little reward. I wasn't impressed with my cooking skills I must say.
BRING ON THE TRUMPETS!

Princess Clacky Thing
wendy james

Post by wendy james »

Evening! I’m not working this evening so I have made lunches and tidied the kitchen, and we’ve just done our daily circuit.

Dinner was tropical rice, which only I ate. Elvis tried it and dismissed it, then had leftover pie and carrots, then her lunch for Friday (I made double for Wed/Fri), then some chocolate rice pudding and a banana and is STILL moaning about being hungry. :ruby: The other one is stomping around because I won’t let her watch Just Add Magic.

I’m not drinking anything right now, but might have tea in a bit.

I’m thinking about how I shall enjoy my first evening home alone in forever once the girls go to bed!
Last edited by wendy james on Tue Jan 14, 2020 8:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
indigo

Post by indigo »

I'm watching The Baby Has Landed and there's a Nottingham family on it who is making me homesick. Egg, chips and beans on the menu plus an early night.
Cerise

Post by Cerise »

I also will be home alone once the boys are in bed. I just waiting for the kitchen to clean itself before I sit on the sofa. Do you think I’ll have to wait long?
Angus

Post by Angus »

5 or 10 minutes I reckon, Cerise.

I'm having a vegetable biryani from the Pinch of Nom book which I quite like. I might have a Becks Blue with it.

I'm stepping away from FB. A local sports centre which was going to be sold for development has been bought by the local Muslim group who have said it will be a mosque in the traditional sense and only 2 (barely) used rooms will be prayer rooms and everything else will remain the same. But obviously no one believes them and they're all ranting away. Arggghh.
rosy

Post by rosy »

Evening!

Vigilantism scares me; people indulging in it don't seem to worry about truth or the rule of law.

The salted caramel almonds sound delicious :ready:

I've had butter chicken for dinner and the cat and I are hanging out in front of a roaring fire.
It’s like a normal midlife crisis only with more chandeliers and foreign languages.
Little My

Post by Little My »

Egg and chips sounds AMAZING to me.

We are on week 2 of no kitchen (and day 1 of no bedroom, which was unexpected), and I'm fed up of sandwiches. Partner has some sort of stomach bug and I'm having to deal with electricians etc. Then I have to do all the other things, and won't have much time to cook. So it will likely be more sandwiches and veggies before rushing around to drum lessons, Guides and basketball.
Luna

Post by Luna »

I do miss simple things like egg and chips and dippy egg and toast but my system just doesn't tolerate eggs anymore :cry:

Angus, I've deleted FB off my phone due to stupid people annoying me.
sally maclennane

Post by sally maclennane »

FB is just a load of shite these days, I mainly keep it for nosiness.

I have had a boring day at work, and then I went to yoga. I have had a JP with cheese and coleslaw, and I am drinking diluting juice. I am watching The Trial of Christine Keeler and will go and make a brew soon.
Christ on a bendy bus son, don't be such a fucking faff arse
Glint

Post by Glint »

Evening all, I am under a blanket watching The Incredibles (original) because I can.

I’ve been to football training, and had French fries and chicken goujons with a dollop of mayo but I’m still after something else.

What happened to your bedroom, little?
Estrella

Post by Estrella »

I also only mainly keep FB for the nosiness.

Morning. I am eating and drinking nothing as I’m on the train. I shall have coffee when I get to the office.

I like the sound of your dinner, Glint.
olive
Really Creepy

Post by olive »

I have been debating binning FB off for ages. I am part of an ex pat Brits in Atlanta group (added by a friend and not something I would have actively joined) and it is full of mouth breathers.

I would now also like egg and chips. :puppy: I’m trying to avoid refined sugar as much a possible this month and I just want to shovel down all the cookies we baked earlier. I’ll have some nuts instead. :ruby:
Ismee

Post by Ismee »

Evening all

I am about to go to bed with my book after doing a bit of maths homework. I managed 3/4 of it but don't understand the rest so will ask the teacher for some help. :teacher:

We got the oven chips memo but had them with oven cooked breaded fish.

The weather is so grim out there tonight.
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

I think I’d rather bin off Twitter, which is an actual trash fire. I’m going to hide a load of shit on FB though, to avoid the stupidity.

I did my workout and ate my sausages. I got the roasted cauliflower cheese out of the freezer too and it was magic.
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

Squeak and I watched Cold Feet while I tried to curl her hair using straighteners. It was incredibly difficult to do and every time I thought I’d cracked it, it went wing again on the next pass.
olive
Really Creepy

Post by olive »

How did Squeak enjoy Cold Feet? Has it aged well?

I used to curl my hair with straighteners all the time. I can’t get the same effect with my Glide.
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

She really enjoyed it, to the extent the ad breaks pissed her off and I was too busy to scoot. It’s a new series though.