Holidays, trips & travel 2020

smalex

Re: Holidays, trips & travel 2020

Post by smalex »

Oh amazing Ella. I'm glad you're going for it. I'm really interested to hear how LA is (given a deeper dive than I gave it).

Did you find some new options in Majorca Pip?

We've book accommodation for NYC and LI which I'm pleased about. The LI option is better than I was expecting actually, a self catering little lodge which is perfect.
kiwi

Post by kiwi »

kiwi wrote: Wed Jan 01, 2020 10:20 pm We've blown the double glazing money on a trip to Vietnam in March. Who needs windows? :shrug: Nothing else booked so far but no doubt we will do a couple of weekends in London for museums etc, maybe a trip to somewhere Europe for sun later in the year.
I appear to have booked a week in Greece in October. There goes the new shower money.
smalex

Post by smalex »

Bah. Who needs a shower or window?
kiwi

Post by kiwi »

Well, quite. We lived without stair carpet for 10 years as we kept pissing off to Spain or wherever for a long weekend. :))
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

Hmm, we’ve booked Majorca, but it’s a Ryanair flight. :lg:
Tsu

Post by Tsu »

We went to Tarragona (Reus) with a Ryanair flight. It was the first time I'd been with them. They were alright apart from the fact that they seem to deliberately seat you apart unless you pay extra to sit together.
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

Turns out we’ve paid through the consultant for the top notch experience, so that’s probably two thirds the cost of the whole holiday. :)) Sorry, I’m getting all this drip fed to me via C.
AshleyX

Post by AshleyX »

I don't mind Ryanair, they're not much different to all the other budget airlines as long as you stick to their (super-strict) luggage rules. I flew with them to Portugal at Christmas and someone was ill on the flight (I think it was a panic attack as it was pretty turbulent) and the cabin crew were so lovely with her.
Kenickie
Kenneth Attenborough

Post by Kenickie »

Is there much to do for babies in Centre Parcs? P was going on about it but I think they're too young to get anything out of it.
If your back's against the wall, turn around and write on it.
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

At this age anything you’re doing is for yourself really. I’d have wanted somewhere with good laundry facilities (so not CP). We took Squeak at around 18 months the first time.
Kenickie
Kenneth Attenborough

Post by Kenickie »

Thanks, I was thinking that, so it makes more sense to get a normal hotel or self catering place.
wendy james

Post by wendy james »

I didn’t mind the Butlins under 5s weeks with a baby in tow, though never played full whack for them.

The downside is it being full of under 5s, mind.
Dandelion

Post by Dandelion »

I think Center Parcs is brilliant for babies. The lodges are ideal and they will provide baby equipment. They would love the pools which are nice and warm, the fresh air, and there are baby activities you can book into as well, like messy play and baby sensory. I find Center Parcs so relaxing, and perfect for a family break. #endadvert

And there is a SPA.
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

Don’t get me wrong, I LOVE it there, but the time I packed a clothes horse flat at the bottom of the car boot was the very best.

You can pop the babies in one of those bike trailers too, that would be cool.
Luce

Post by Luce »

I think I first took a baby when they were about 6 months old - I agree that you’re mostly just going for yourself. But it is a really child-friendly place to relax in, for all the reasons Dandelion says. I seem to remember that everything you could need is catered for and that the warm pool and nature walks are excellent for babies.
Kenickie
Kenneth Attenborough

Post by Kenickie »

wendy james wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 9:31 pm The downside is it being full of under 5s, mind.
:lol:

Hmmm, maybe I should consider CP then. Having them in a bike trailer would be super cute. I've always thought of it as the same as a caravan park but just with a massive price increase though. I'm not sure how much the caravan parks do for babies as I've never taken any notice. Being able to go to baby sensory etc would be quite nice.
Luce

Post by Luce »

I've never been to a caravan park so don't know if its the same but the prices for CP aren't too bad if you don't go at peak/holiday times. The school holiday prices are eye-watering, mind. I love that there are no cars about, everyone is on bikes, there is something to do for absolutely every age, including the grown ups (the spa at CP is one of my favourite, it's almost comical how relaxing they make it) and you don't need to pay for all the activities - swimming, nature walks etc are all you need to have a great time. The pool is really warm so you can sit about in your swimmers all day and feel like you're on a proper holiday. And baby food is completely free everywhere (at least it was 6 years ago). I'd say my kids peak age for enjoying it is probably now (they're 6 and 11) but I loved taking them as babies too.

We've now also booked CP for October - we're going Halloween weekend so I'm chuffed that we get out of trick or treating back home :lol: We're booking Huck's for dinner because when we last went at Halloween they went ALL out, people in costumes everywhere, themed cocktail making etc. All that American crap that my two go mental for :))
Marth
Location: London - but not by the sea. Nowhere near it in fact.

Post by Marth »

dizzyd wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 9:23 pm Not at all Marth in fact it's really easy in Italy. All the places that sell it have signs outside saying gluten free pizza and pasta sold here

My mum is gluten intolerant or she thinks she is and it was really easy

So is soya milk
I'm just back Dizzy and loved it. I loved that most places did GF pasta/pizza. Its the best I've eaten for ages when I've been away.

I do wish they would supply GF bread in the bread basket though if someone orders GF pasta. We normally just got a bowl of normal bread. One place did and I felt waves of love for them. It was a little flat roll wrapped up so it would keep if they didn't get a lot of call for it.

We also found a couple of health food shops with a lot of GF food.
Malan
Shoe

Post by Shoe »

I am going to an all-inclusive near Benidorm for a week with my parents, brother and niece. It's got a waterpark attached to it and is very child centred. I may regret this decision but my parents requested help and it's the only chance I'll get for a sunshine break this year. There seems to be a spa so I may just hide in there a lot. :))
Dandelion

Post by Dandelion »

Sounds like my main summer holiday this year, Shoe! It will be fun though - and if there’s a kids club then make use. :lol: