Iplayer.
Edith Bacon

Re: Netflix human recommendations

Post by Edith Bacon »

Thank you!
Luna

Post by Luna »

I've just got up to date with the Good Witch. I love this series. It's ideal for easy viewing when you feel a bit crap and you want something cosy and heart-warming.
Duophonic

Post by Duophonic »

So the story is - we moved to the village in '85, it was a proper village back then, the marina was there but nothing else had been developed, there was no massive estate up the back, the village itself was a main street and tiny village school and church. I went to the school and there were less than fifty kids in it.

The time Margaret came to the village it was still pretty much a one horse town, the small village shop was still in operation (there's now a Sainsbury's local at the opposite edge to the village from where Margaret was but even if that had been there at the time, the safest way to get to it is through main street as the cottage Seaview is on a really busy A road.

All the 'original' villagers as they're called live in the main body of the village, some of the kids of my generation live in the new estates (where Sal's J lived) up the back but their parents are still in the village proper, to access this estate you have to drive nearly to the next village to find the access road, at the time of M's disappearance there wasn't a through road or easily accessible path. NOT ONE person was aware of Margaret's presence. There were no visits to the shop. No trying to hang out with some of the teens in the village, nothing.

AJ's (Avril) sister F worked in the village shop all the way through my childhood, teenage years and Mini's early years and she's a really nice person, the type of person that would've taken a keen interest in a new person in the village especially someone connected to her family, she's like everyone's favourite aunt.

AJ and EC were not in a romantic relationship from what I can gather, AJ worked for EC as he owned a few businesses and was well known in the area. He was also a keen diver and he bought the cottage because it has a path at the back garden that leads to a boat slipway.

From what I can gather is that the house went into disrepair after the date of M going officially missing, when they can date the last picture to. There was no floor in the hall and of course the back of the house is missing. Village gossip is that they didn't want anyone in there asking questions so just shut themselves off but I have no idea.

This is all my opinion I have no facts to back it up -
The two young school chums - one is a proven fantasist and the other I don't know I did immediately say to Mr D I bet they were part of a group that bullied her but I have no evidence for that.
The ex fireman - don't believe him for a second. The heat and sustaining the heat needed to burn a body on an open fire would take tons of fuel and days to complete, the two cottages on the other side would've complained.
The father's ex girlfriend - I don't think for a second she gave a shit, someone else's problem.

So because AJ is from the village, her family are from the village, there was a neighbour of ours, a battleaxe that I called auntie passed away and my mum was sat beside AJ. My mum outright asked her why she'd killed Margaret and where was the body.
BRING ON THE TRUMPETS!

Princess Clacky Thing
Luce

Post by Luce »

Bloody hell, Duo!

Inverkip DOES look beautiful. And 'Inverkip' is, I believe, impossible to say without a Scottish accent.

It's very sad, this. All those years and no-one had even seen her. EC and AJ come across as shockingly thick.
smalex

Post by smalex »

The two young school chums - one is a proven fantasist and the other I don't know I did immediately say to Mr D I bet they were part of a group that bullied her but I have no evidence for that.
The ex fireman - don't believe him for a second. The heat and sustaining the heat needed to burn a body on an open fire would take tons of fuel and days to complete, the two cottages on the other side would've complained.
The father's ex girlfriend - I don't think for a second she gave a shit, someone else's problem.
As someone who obviously didn't know anyone, I totally suspected the same things when I watched it. The school chums seemed....unlikely at best. The fireman...wtf?! The father's gf... crocodile tears.
bramblerose

Post by bramblerose »

Luna wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 9:34 am I've just got up to date with the Good Witch. I love this series. It's ideal for easy viewing when you feel a bit crap and you want something cosy and heart-warming.
We started that during Christmas. It's so sickeningly sweet we can only watch one at a time! Easy watching though.
Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either, just fuck off and leave me alone.
Luna

Post by Luna »

It's Hallmark saccharine sweet but I love it :))
Ruby

Post by Ruby »

smalex wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 1:59 pm
As someone who obviously didn't know anyone, I totally suspected the same things when I watched it. The school chums seemed....unlikely at best. The fireman...wtf?! The father's gf... crocodile tears.
SAME!
Turtle Bean

Post by Turtle Bean »

I love The Good Witch too but agree it has to be in small doses.
emma_p

Post by emma_p »

On iPlayer but I’ve been sucked into
Dublin Murders after seeing someone recommend it on Instagram. I think it was on tv last autumn but it completely passed me by and it’s a gem!
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

I really wanted to like Dublin Murders but Adam looked far too much like my ex so I just read the synopses of the books on Wikipedia.
emma_p

Post by emma_p »

Pip! Adam’s pretty :flirt:
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

I know, it was disconcerting.
Cerise

Post by Cerise »

I have finished Cheer. I loved it! Felt so tense for the finale! Ugh.
Toast
Delboy

Post by Toast »

I did too! I really enjoyed the back stories which I didn't get much of a sense of from the first episode. I'm glad I carried on watching.
Luce

Post by Luce »

I persevered with Cheer and predictably loved it. Also, if anyone was worried, Lexi is back on the team.
Shoe

Post by Shoe »

I started following the Cheer lot on instagram to keep up with what is happening. :lol:
Ruby

Post by Ruby »

Same. :))
Cerise

Post by Cerise »

I’m not on Instagram but I did disappear down a Google rabbit hole afterwards!