Netflix human recommendations

Hobbes

Re: Netflix human recommendations

Post by Hobbes »

We are halfway through October Faction at the moment and really enjoying it - about a couple who are monster hunters but have to hide it from everyone.

A bit late but I’ve just finished all the iZombie series - such a lovely good natured program with a great Brit in it!
Pawpads

Post by Pawpads »

Hobbes wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 10:58 am We are halfway through October Faction at the moment and really enjoying it - about a couple who are monster hunters but have to hide it from everyone.
We're watching this too. I think we'll have it finished tonight. I"m surprised how much I've enjoyed it
indigo

Post by indigo »

emma_p wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 11:09 pm On iPlayer but I’ve been sucked into
Dublin Murders after seeing someone recommend it on Instagram. I think it was on tv last autumn but it completely passed me by and it’s a gem!
Dublin Murders is brilliant.

I'm having a lovely time watching Mortimer and Whitehouse: Gone Fishing. It's so sweet and gentle.
Toast
Delboy

Post by Toast »

I find that really relaxing even though I hate fishing!

I watched Red Joan yesterday. I thought some of the acting was a bit ropey but I enjoyed it.
Glint

Post by Glint »

I'm a few episodes into Next in Fashion and enjoying it. It's Project Runway but slightly more polished outfits (so far).

Alexa is growing on me plus Tan :love:
Squirrel

Post by Squirrel »

Ooh I want to watch that, thanks for the reminder. Handily Mr S is away quite a lot over the next couple of weeks so I need things I can watch without cheating on him :)).
Toast
Delboy

Post by Toast »

I'm saving this for a Sunday afternoon treat!
Turtle Bean

Post by Turtle Bean »

I'm really enjoying Cheer but I can't help feeling it is hardly going to prepare them for later life. I feel sorry for them too, they shouldn't be this injured at such a young age. And Gabi's parents are horrors. The poor kid.
Squirrel

Post by Squirrel »

Yes! Gabi’s dad is like a caricature. In fact the mom is too.

The injuries absolutely horrify me. And I can’t understand why they all love Monica on a personal level so much, she seems quite cold and distant. There must be a likeableness to her that I haven’t picked up on.
Luce

Post by Luce »

Turtle Bean wrote: Sun Feb 02, 2020 7:51 pm I'm really enjoying Cheer but I can't help feeling it is hardly going to prepare them for later life. I feel sorry for them too, they shouldn't be this injured at such a young age. And Gabi's parents are horrors. The poor kid.
Absolutely. The number of concussions and at such a young age! For something that will almost certainly give them no career whatsoever.

It does seem to keep them focused, though and there is a lot to be said for that, I think.
smalex

Post by smalex »

I wasn't sure about Cheer at first but was absolutely captivated by the end. Such incredible athletes. I also had misgivings about Monica at first but thought she was pretty inspiring by the end.
I guess loads of kids/young adults pursue sports to a very time consuming level when there isn't much to be 'gained' from it in the end. Probably not so many injuries though!
smalex

Post by smalex »

Gabi's parents were definitely a spoof. Poor kid.
Derek Nimmo

Post by Derek Nimmo »

Glint wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 7:30 pm I'm a few episodes into Next in Fashion and enjoying it. It's Project Runway but slightly more polished outfits (so far).
I binged it this weekend, was an excellent guilty pleasure.
H1ppychick

Post by H1ppychick »

If you’ve not seen it, try Schitt’s Creek. It’s really good fun.
Hazey_Jane

Post by Hazey_Jane »

I second the Schitt’s Creek recommendation. It starts off a bit manic and overly silly but when it finds its feet it’s cracking comedy and good natured, never cruel about its protagonists or the butt of jokes
Last edited by Hazey_Jane on Tue Feb 04, 2020 6:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Luce

Post by Luce »

I've tried SC and only got about 6 episodes in but might try and persevere too!

I absolutely adore The Good Place and was devastated it was ending, although completely right. I finally agreed to get T to watch it on Friday and he's now 20 episodes in because the big idiot loves it too, just like I told him he would!
Princess Morripov

Post by Princess Morripov »

I love Schitt’s Creek, definitely persevere with it.

We are in Ep. 4 of The Stranger and enjoying it.

I also need to catch up on that final episode of the Good Place.
Estrella

Post by Estrella »

I tried SC but couldn’t get into it either.

I have one episode of Cheer left. I am enjoying it a lot. They can do amazing things! Though I feel for those kids. Some of them have had awful childhoods. I had a little cry about Morgan and Jerry :l:
Kleio

Post by Kleio »

I was so sad when the Good Place was ending but the final episode was so perfect.
rosy

Post by rosy »

I cried so hard through the final episode of The Good Place but it was just right. Sorry I didn’t mean to spoil anything. Apologies.

I didn’t want it to end but equally I didn’t want it to be spoiled by going on past the sweet spot. I will probably start again from the beginning and watch it all again. :love:

I finally finished Travelers [sic] and I wish that it had been picked up for a fourth series with new travellers and a new effort to save the future, but apparently the series was cancelled after season three. Bad decision! Even I could invent a story arc and characters to continue the story.
Last edited by rosy on Tue Feb 04, 2020 10:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
It’s like a normal midlife crisis only with more chandeliers and foreign languages.