Recruiter interview - what to prepare/expect

Chicky

Recruiter interview - what to prepare/expect

Post by Chicky »

I've reached the next stage of a recruitment process and have a skype interview with one of the senior recruiters tomorrow. When they initially approached me I had a chat with the main recruiter about my skills/expertise and subsequently applied for the role formally. I then heard that I was through to the next stage which they call "interview with consulting partner" which I have a 1hr slot for.

This is still the recruiter so I am thinking they probably won't ask me too much about the actual details of the job but what should I be preparing? Competency based questions? Some questions for them?

Any advice appreciated! I've never applied for anything through a recruiter before so I am a bit nervous.
Derek Nimmo

Re: Recruiter interview - what to prepare/expect

Post by Derek Nimmo »

An external recruiter who's been retained on an exclusive basis for the role?

I'd expect to be asked to talk through your CV (reasons for leaving should, if possible, always be positive and about looking for something more rather than negative about the old employer), competency based questions (check the job spec, and have some obvious examples prepared against the key things the job would require), and do some due diligence about the company / organisation you're applying to so that you can be up to date about any recent developments.

It shouldn't be hugely different from an in-depth internal HR interview really. Don't panic!
Chicky

Post by Chicky »

Derek Nimmo wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 2:31 pm An external recruiter who's been retained on an exclusive basis for the role?
Yes that’s the puppy!

Thank you, that all sounds eminently sensible. I definitely have some areas that are lacking so I’ll think of how to enhance those bits.
Chicky

Post by Chicky »

Just to say thanks to Derek, I prepped what was suggested and it was fine. The recruiter wanted to expand on some bits of my cover letter and CV, then she said my letter was really comprehensive and she had found out everything she needed so the chat was only 20 mins in the end. Phew!
Derek Nimmo

Post by Derek Nimmo »

Good stuff, glad it went well. :fc: for the next stage!