Sleety Beak

sally maclennane

Sleety Beak

Post by sally maclennane »

It's really horrible here (south Glasgow!) with rain/sleet coming down. Thankfully, there is no snow just now, and I am hoping it stays that way. I have had stir fry for dinner, and I have tidied up as I have a house cleaning company coming tomorrow to do a deep clean.

I am watching the news, and I will watch Cold Feet later. I need a brew but I'm too cosy under my blanket, on the couch.

How are you this evening? What is your weather like?
Christ on a bendy bus son, don't be such a fucking faff arse
Texaco Shirley

Re: Sleety Beak

Post by Texaco Shirley »

Evening Sal. I have eaten bangers and mash and am just doing my Sainsburys order. I’m not sure what the weather’s doing, it’s been vile most of the day. MrTex is away so I will have a quiet evening once the boys are in bed. I expect it will feature Inside no 9.
rosy

Post by rosy »

Hello! It is blowing a hoolie outside but at least the snow has all gone. There's stuff I should be doing but I don't feel up to it so I shall watch Only Connect and then go to bed.
It’s like a normal midlife crisis only with more chandeliers and foreign languages.
Hazey_Jane

Post by Hazey_Jane »

Hello Sal. Today has been absolutely minging but by the time I got home after work things were relatively back to normal. Storm Ciara (Sabine here) is hopefully now over
sally maclennane

Quiet nights in are prescribed for all - blankets, cosy socks, jumpers, tea, biscuits etc.
Glint

Post by Glint »

Evening, m sitting on the sofa with wine and a blanket. I think we will watch something soon, but not sure what.

Today’s weather seems to have been worse than yesterday, hopefully tomorrow might be slightly better :fc:
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

Good evening. It’s just cold here now. I’ve been out to yoga after making a Spanish omelette with chorizo, and a tomato salad, which I’m just eating now. I was going to do HIIT stuff to catch up on my challenge but I was overcome with a headache at yoga so I’m just going to leave it for another night.

Has anyone still got proper snow?
Estrella

Post by Estrella »

Morning. We had a massive storm last night too. Our swimming pool flooded :ella: There are more storms forecast for today and tomorrow...Hope you turtles are staying warm!
smalex

Post by smalex »

Have all the fires gone out now Est? (I know they weren't actually near you)

Evening all. 6/6 meetings done, I'm losing my voice. Half of it was bloody outdoors, what a day to chose, I'm just thawing out.
Estrella

Post by Estrella »

I believe this load of rain the whole east Coast is getting just now has helped put out a lot of the fires, including the NSW “mega fire”. With the unfortunate side effect that places are now affected by bad flooding. Welcome to Australia :ella:
smalex

Post by smalex »

It does seem like the gift that keeps on giving :sad:
Jupiter

Post by Jupiter »

Evening. I got the early night memo and am already in bed with a lemsip. E is snoring beside me. It sounds awful outside so I'm making the most of my electric blanket.
rosy

Post by rosy »

That was bad planning, smal!

The wind is so loud here - it's like a constant roar as well as the whistling and the noise of trees breaking.
It’s like a normal midlife crisis only with more chandeliers and foreign languages.
sally maclennane

Oh Smal, you poor thing! I bet you are glad to be home now!
smalex

Post by smalex »

SO glad!
Squirrel

Post by Squirrel »

Oh no, smal! That sounds horrible.

Est, that’s very sad about the floods.

I bought a new ice cream scoop today, and long story short I’m now drinking a weird alcoholic milkshake :)).
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

Is it a good ice cream scoop? C often talks about the one he bought to impress me but his parents now have fur done reason. He’s bought many trying to find one as good.
Estrella

Post by Estrella »

It really is, Squizz. This article made me feel for those poor people: https://apple.news/Az77qRtCSSK2vdXUn7XHlnQ

I need to know more about your milkshake...
Squirrel

Post by Squirrel »

Pippedydeadeye wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 10:06 pm Is it a good ice cream scoop? C often talks about the one he bought to impress me but his parents now have fur done reason. He’s bought many trying to find one as good.
I had a good one before but I gave it away :?. Which seems a bit silly in hindsight. The new one is the Oxo Good Grips scoop. It cost £6 and has a thingy to release the ice cream. It worked well, I will need to test it on more challenging icy cream :bow:.
Squirrel

Post by Squirrel »

Estrella wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 10:08 pm It really is, Squizz. This article made me feel for those poor people: https://apple.news/Az77qRtCSSK2vdXUn7XHlnQ

I need to know more about your milkshake...
Oof, that’s harsh. Those poor people.

The milkshake has vanilla ice cream and milk. Then because it needed a little zhuzsh, I put in a dash of vanilla extract, a tiny sprinkle of icing sugar, and a good glug of spiced rum. I considered grating nutmeg on top but was too greedy to stop and add another step, HOWEVER, next time I would do the nutmeg.

It was delicious and I’m extremely full and quite buzzy now :rebs:. Hic.