Netflix human recommendations

Red

Re: Netflix human recommendations

Post by Red »

Kenickie wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 4:19 pm I felt like that Red. In the end I was glad I saw the last one for completeness but you could just get away with that one and the penultimate one. I wish I hadn't wasted my time on the rest of the final series.

Yep - I loved it to begin with but then it got very frantic and so, so repetitive.
Jesus loves you. Everyone else thinks you're an asshole.
lazzbo

Post by lazzbo »

I've just Wikipedia'ed The Good Place so as not to have to watch it.

Anyone watching The Pharmacist?
Estrella

Post by Estrella »

The fact that I still haven’t bothered watching the second half of the last series of The Good Place suggests that I feel that way too, Red. I loved the earlier ones. I will get round to watching it at some point, though.
Morganna

Post by Morganna »

lazzbo wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 6:06 pmAnyone watching The Pharmacist?
Is that about a mad scientist and his grandson? S was on about something she thinks I should watch with that premise, but I thought it had Russians in the title. If it is the one she meant, she thinks it is good, for what that's worth :)).
Hobbes

Post by Hobbes »

Beatrix wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 3:36 pm I binged all of Locke and Key over the weekend, it was entertaining enough. I’d say more targeted at YA audience except it’s quite dark at times.
We are currently up to episode 3 of this and finding it quite gripping - as you said it is dark at times!
lorri_b

Post by lorri_b »

What age would you say Locke and Key is suitable from? I have a quite mature 9 year old and wondering whether to save and watch together.

I've just finished The Stranger. I quite liked it for an easy background thriller.
lazzbo

Post by lazzbo »

Morganna wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 11:32 pm
lazzbo wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 6:06 pmAnyone watching The Pharmacist?
Is that about a mad scientist and his grandson? S was on about something she thinks I should watch with that premise, but I thought it had Russians in the title. If it is the one she meant, she thinks it is good, for what that's worth :)).
Sadly not. :) It's about an actual pharmacist and the opioid crisis in Americaaaah. Although I am only at episode 2, so who knows if the Russians are involved?!
Hobbes

Post by Hobbes »

Yes I would say 9 is too young, as well as being quite scary it’s quite bloody in places.
Toast
Delboy

Post by Toast »

I started the Pharmacist last night but I found it a bit hard going. Netflix really do like to stretch it it don’t they? Why produce two episodes when you could do 11?
smalex

Post by smalex »

They really do. I watched 5 of those Pandemic episodes and thought the same. Could've been a really interesting 2 part documentary, but instead it was a tedious 6 parter.
Skips

Post by Skips »

I have The Pharmacist on my list. I made the mistake of starting Bates Motel, which is enjoyable but ridiculous. I keep being told I only have until the 20th Feb (I assumed it's being taken off) so I'm having to watch nothing but that so I can finish it in time. Nobody start a 50 episode programme with three weeks to go. :lol:
Toast
Delboy

Post by Toast »

Two words: The Staircase. I felt so invested in that after giving up five hours to it but it just felt like such a chore in the end.
smalex

Post by smalex »

Agreed. The newer episodes of The Staircase in particular were such indulgent shite. Just allowing that guy the air time to monologue indefinitely. I gave up too. He's probably still talking :lol:
Kenickie
Kenneth Attenborough

Post by Kenickie »

:lol: I agree, and also thought that cat thing would have been better as just one episode.
If your back's against the wall, turn around and write on it.
Cosmopolitan

Post by Cosmopolitan »

Is anyone watching Inside no 9? I have to eke them out because they all need time to absorb but they're brilliant
Kleio

Post by Kleio »

Cosmopolitan wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 4:03 pm Is anyone watching Inside no 9? I have to eke them out because they all need time to absorb but they're brilliant
They are brilliant! I often rewatch them.
Luce

Post by Luce »

The one last night was wonderful, I gasped when she opened the door to [redacted]. I bloody love every episode.
Kleio

Post by Kleio »

Yes! And the person who came with the rabbit! I want to watch [redacted] again.
Rhodonite

Post by Rhodonite »

I've binge watched Schitt's Creek and loved it. I've now started The Stranger.
Luna

Post by Luna »

Just watched Miss Americana. She’s a talented lass is Taylor Swift.