Pink bedroom walls WWYD

Little My

Pink bedroom walls WWYD

Post by Little My »

pleasant pink 1.jpg
Yay or nay?

Our floor is dark oak, like the first picture, and we have a vaulted ceiling (so lots of white contrast). I like black and white accents, and maybe a bit of red.

Or should I go paler with the pink? Our first thought was yellow, but we can't agree on a shade and I don't have any other ideas. (It's currently white, so anything but that!)

Thoughts?
Hazey_Jane

Re: Pink bedroom walls WWYD

Post by Hazey_Jane »

I like those photos too :helpful:
Little My

Post by Little My »

Both of the photos show the same pink.
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

Do it, I think it looks fresh & pretty, but grown up still.
Toast
Delboy

Post by Toast »

My bedroom is pink and I still like it but I think I'd go with a different shade now. Mine is F&B Middleton and I have it on the wardrobes too. Floors are white and furniture is a sort of greeny-grey. It's very calming.
viggy

Post by viggy »

I had a pink bedroom for a while - it was a kind of salmon colour that my ex chose and it ended up being really cosy.
rosy

Post by rosy »

I had a lavender-pink on my bedroom walls when I lived in Sheffield and it was lovely and calming. I think if you avoid the baby blush pinks it can be a really grown-up colour.
It’s like a normal midlife crisis only with more chandeliers and foreign languages.
smalex

Post by smalex »

I love that. I've got a patterned pink wallpaper on one wall in our H, S&L and I really like it.
Zoomer

Post by Zoomer »

I really like it, but I think in reality it depends on the type of light you have coming into the room. Lovely in a warm-light room, possibly a bit naff in a cold-light room.

Errmm, by which I mean if the room actually receives natural sunlight, or if its north/north-east facing instead.
lorri_b

Post by lorri_b »

I have a pink bedroom, but I went for a plaster colour. I love the colour of dried plaster! I have dark green and gold accents and oak flooring.

I would be wary of a baby pink as in your pictures as it feels a bit nursery to me.
Kenickie
Kenneth Attenborough

Post by Kenickie »

I love dried plaster too! I tried to go for that but it ended up more peachy. What colour is yours?
If your back's against the wall, turn around and write on it.
Kenickie
Kenneth Attenborough

Post by Kenickie »

The hall and landing here was salmon when we bought it. It looked hideous.
Little My

Post by Little My »

I don't think it looks baby pink though, and certainly not on the wall with my sample pot. There is a lot of pink to sort through and I tried to steer clear of obvious nursery pink. I think a lot of it will be in the styling anyway. I'm going to go for that one, thanks for all the input! I think I just needed a few people to love it too. :))
Beatrix wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 8:06 pm Do it, also I’d like to know what that shade is. We tried pink in our first house but it was totally the wrong pink and we changed it within 6 months. We need to redecorate two of our bedrooms, so I’m willing to try again!
It's Benjamin Moore - Pleasant Pink.
smalex

Post by smalex »

I definitely wouldn't call that baby pink either.
Luce

Post by Luce »

Do it. My kitchen is a similar colour and it makes me feel really happy. Mine was more of a pink pink but I think the one you've chosen up there is great for a bedroom, nice a calm.
emma_p

Post by emma_p »

I love it - I'm after a pink bedroom after my friend did hers in F&B calamine. It looks so good.

I read you can get Benjamin Moore paint in the UK now :weewee: I always loved their colours in the US.
Squirrel

Post by Squirrel »

I love it too, my daughter’s room is pink and we compromised on a sort of old fashioned granny/rose pink. I love the shade in those pictures, it’s gorgeous.
Cerise

Post by Cerise »

All I can see is salmon. Fish. Fish. Fish. I don’t like pink though. And I have no style.
lorri_b

Post by lorri_b »

Kenickie wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 12:22 am I love dried plaster too! I tried to go for that but it ended up more peachy. What colour is yours?
Mine is Fresh Plaster by Craig & Rose. It looks really different depending on the time of day.
Kenickie
Kenneth Attenborough

Post by Kenickie »

Thanks, that's the one I had colour matched, but mine's definitely not pink annoyingly!