What is Wednesday?

Bat Macdui

What is Wednesday?

Post by Bat Macdui »

To continue the slightly existential theme. :))

I have a day of researching vertical farming, but at least working today does not involve 2 x 40 mile round trips across the NW motorway network. The sun has popped out, I hope it hangs round long enough for an improving walk at lunchtime.

Also, my answer 'time is a construct, therefore Wednesdays are not real'. :))
Squirrel

Re: What is Wednesday?

Post by Squirrel »

Happy unreal Wednesday Bats et al.

I have been for a lovely walk with Ted who didn’t try to pull my arm out of its socket, and also had a run off the lead for the first time in three weeks since his foot op. Progress!

Today I have got Pilates then seeing a friend, and at some point I have to try and limit the mess in my daughter’s room as she’s got a friend coming to play and it’s dire in there.
sally maclennane

Post by sally maclennane »

Wednesday so far is frustrating for me. I remembered this morning that I was meant to hand in a prescription from the hospital to my GP, so they could keep me in the meds I got while I was on the medical trial. I had totally forgotten about it, and then realised I only have a few days left of said medicine. I checked the opening time of the health centre, drove there and the bloody place wasnt open yet. So now I will have to leave work early and I have to pay for a full days parking in town :verm:

I have a boring paper to write, but only one meeting. I have booked Friday off as a/l though so I'm holding onto that thought.
Christ on a bendy bus son, don't be such a fucking faff arse
lazzbo

Post by lazzbo »

Friday off is GREAT motivation, Sal.

Yesterday was a day of deadlines and meetings and general awfulness so today feels great in comparison. I might make triple chocolate cookies tonight, so things are looking up.
Shoe

Post by Shoe »

Morning loves. I am back in work after being sent home early yesterday because I was coughing so badly. I was half tempted to stay off but S is also ill and such an awful patient that I didn't think I'd survive a full day with him. :lol: Still, it's not snowing, yet. :look:
indigo

Post by indigo »

Morning loves. Lazzbo - it's nice to see you back, you little monkey.

I'm in a bad mood and was rude to someone at the CrossCountry Customer Services team this morning as a result and am now feeling guilty.
sally maclennane

Post by sally maclennane »

Shoe wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 10:22 am Morning loves. I am back in work after being sent home early yesterday because I was coughing so badly. I was half tempted to stay off but S is also ill and such an awful patient that I didn't think I'd survive a full day with him. :lol: Still, it's not snowing, yet. :look:
You poor thing, but I would be the same, and chosen to come into work :))
Christ on a bendy bus son, don't be such a fucking faff arse
Lola

Post by Lola »

Morning. I am not a fan of wednesdays so I am glad that they are not real :))

My Wednesday involves going to M&S to get the valentine’s meal deal. Oh, the romance :)
Glint

Post by Glint »

Morning, schools back, so I'm having a quiet breakfast before I head to the supermarket.

Mr G was up early for a health check up thing he gets through work. It seems to be going okay from what I've heard so far.
Smunder Woman
Consciously Unbellended

Post by Smunder Woman »

Morning. Still at my desk, still writing a conference paper :))

I would have done the same, Shoe.
Bat Macdui

Post by Bat Macdui »

I empathise, Shoe. :))

On Valentine's Day I am taking me Mum to the community cinema to see Mrs Lowry and Son. DEAD ROMANTIC.
Lola

Post by Lola »

That sounds more exciting than my meal tbh.
lazzbo

Post by lazzbo »

indigo wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 10:31 am Morning loves. Lazzbo - it's nice to see you back, you little monkey.
Cheers, diggo. :lazzi: I hear you on the ole post-rudeness guilt but try not to self-flagellate too much, innit. #zen
Topcat

Post by Topcat »

Hello.

Another day another stress filled morning, but that is my lot with the child until Monday when we are both off so hopefully things will chill a bit. Tonight I am going to go for a run and smash a few records up, I need a good stomp to get this week out of my system I think.

Then I will do fuck all until work tomororw. Yay.
Shoe

Post by Shoe »

Honestly, what is it with men*? He has the same thing that I do, hasn't had to go to work and is still behaving as if he has the plague. :verm:

On the plus side, I have just paid our next-door neighbour for bathroom materials and he's coming on Monday to start refitting my bathroom. :perky: I have made 90% of the decisions under pressure while full of painkillers so it'll be interesting to see how it all pulls together next week. :lol:

*#notallmen
Wiggle

Post by Wiggle »

Morning all, I am cold and wrapped up. Today I have work then off to the cinema to watch the Harley Quinn movie. I don't have high hopes so I might be pleasantly surprised.
smalex

Post by smalex »

Morning. What I have taken from this thread is: Triple Chocolate Cookies and M&S Meal Deal.

I've been out for a consultation already, got about 90 minutes at home, then out again to measure something, then home for probably 30 minutes, school run, home for 90 minutes, another consultation. I think this will be an ultimately unsatisfactory day. Plus I need to ring back a south American guy about his attic and I can't be arsed because he jumps to conclusions and calls women 'laydeeeees' in an accent that makes me shudder #accentist. I wish I could just deal with his dour english wife. I get dour. I can deal with dour.
rosy

Post by rosy »

Afternoon. I’m being pinned under a cat but there are worse ways to spend a Wednesday.
It’s like a normal midlife crisis only with more chandeliers and foreign languages.
Little My

Post by Little My »

I'm sorry you get extra February this year, Beatrix.

I am thankful my kids are back at school today (teachers having been striking), and I get to see eldest in a Shakespeare play later. :weewee:

Hmm, I feel I also need to construct a Valentines plan.
smalex

Post by smalex »

I bought a card with a Llama on it for Valentines. That'll do. #greatromantic