Beak with Cheese

Turtle Bean

Beak with Cheese

Post by Turtle Bean »

Hello. I am very excited as I am having macaroni cheese for tea tonight.

I will tell you a story. Last week I bought a rucksack from a charity shop. I really liked it and thought it would do for taking my laptop to and from work. When I got it home, I noticed that there were insulated pockets for drinks and what looked like a small tablecloth so wondered if it was a picnic backpack which might be a thing. Anyway today I wondered how much it cost new as I had paid a tenner for it and am still quite enamoured. Brand new it was £30...and also a changing bag for babies. The small tablecloth was a changing mat and there is a special waterproof section for wet nappies.

I don't care I still like it.

Do you have a story/nice tea.
Ella77

Re: Beak with Cheese

Post by Ella77 »

:lol: Do have at it with some Dettol wipes though :look:.

I’m making charred cauliflower quesadillas at the moment. They are usually nice.
Bat Macdui

Post by Bat Macdui »

That is an excellent bargain, Beanio. Plus, bonus waterproof mat that can double as a sitting square when out and about and needing to sit on 'wet grass or cold marble'. Thingy from A Room with a View was always on about those. :))
wendy james

Post by wendy james »

Hello Bean. I thought maybe you had a former Turtle visiting. :)) <<can he be mrgreen again?

I like your story and am glad you’re keeping the bag.

I had a reasonably productive day in the office after an emergency WFH day yesterday. I do work with some idiots though.

The girls are playing battleships (I’m helping Elvis) then we’ll do a circuit, sort supper, etc.

My story is that I’d asked P if he’ll do my car checks on Friday before I head north, and he said he would cos it’s SVD (he does it anyway if I ask nicely). But my tyre pressure light came on this morning, so I now know how those air machine things work at the garage. I have still left P the other checks, obviously. Not that he hasn’t been busy destroying the fence and garden.
rosy

Post by rosy »

Hello. Your changing bag/rucksack sounds excellent, Bean.

The water company are having to dig up my street to fix the water. They have to keep testing my taps, so it's going to be a bit of a disturbed evening answering the door.

I've had burger and chips for dinner, and it was really good.
It’s like a normal midlife crisis only with more chandeliers and foreign languages.
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

Good evening.

That’s a good bargain Beab. Do what Ella says though. :)

I’ve just had keema with tortilla wraps for dinner, followed by churros. :fusion: Mostly because C is coaching at rugby training and it was easy to pull something out of the freezer. Squeak is still under the weather so she’s skipping training tonight.

It’s parents’ evening tonight at school, I’m hoping for a better report than last time on Chunk.
emma_p

Post by emma_p »

Dying at your story Bean :mog: Umm, stick it in the washing machine before you use it though?

I had some feta cheese as part of our dinner. I also ate lentil/black rice with roasted root veg, salsa verde and toasted pepitas. I’m very full but have French chocolate cake to eat with raspberries and creme fraiche later. My friend suggested going for a glass of wine in a bit and I might do it.
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

I’m going to have a G&T when I get back from school later. I carried a teaching session today while my co-teacher hopped from foot to foot about exchanging contracts on a house. I let him off because I do understand.
sally maclennane

Post by sally maclennane »

That is a good story Bean, it's a bit like when Father Dougal bought the joke telephone which actually turned out to be a dog toy :))

I have just had spaghetti with prawns and chorizo, it was lush. I think we are going to watch more Sex Education tonight, and I am hoping that the forecast snow comes to naught :look:
Christ on a bendy bus son, don't be such a fucking faff arse
Kenickie
Kenneth Attenborough

Post by Kenickie »

:lol: I'd definitely put it through a machine wash with the Dettol stuff.

There's a dog toy stall in the market and I'm always walking past thinking 'oh, that looks nice for the babies' before I catch on.
If your back's against the wall, turn around and write on it.
Turtle Bean

Post by Turtle Bean »

That's a good call about the wash. I will do that.

I'll sort out the smilies later they are a bit muddled aren't they.

I've just been to drop something at my friend's house and got an unexpected glass of wine. Food now though, I am starving. Then the last two episodes of Locke and Key.
Kenickie
Kenneth Attenborough

Post by Kenickie »

I had unexpected wine as we went for a walk which ended up in drinks and food in the pub. I feel quite merry now.
If your back's against the wall, turn around and write on it.
rosy

Post by rosy »

Ooh, wine. That's a good idea, assuming I can get past the workmen.
It’s like a normal midlife crisis only with more chandeliers and foreign languages.
bramblerose

Post by bramblerose »

I like your bag story, Bean.

I have had a bit of a rubbish day - it started with a visit to the dentist to fit a new crown. The temporary one I had in from last week has been rubbish and I've had toothache most of the week so I have been taking lots of painkillers... I think I didn't leave it long enough between taking a batch and I was a bit spaced out at work. AND I'm still in pain which may mean a root canal :cry:

Anyway, I've been for a run and then had prawns for dinner and melon for pudding. I need to clean the kitchen down, get my stuff ready for work tomorrrow and then I am off to bed.
Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either, just fuck off and leave me alone.
Texaco Shirley

Post by Texaco Shirley »

Evening. I think Bean has found a marketing niche.

I have eaten chicken Kiev :retro: and am about to collapse on the sofa.
Estrella

Post by Estrella »

Chicken Kiev :love: I also love those processed chicken cordon bleu!

Morning. It’s proper wet here. The swimming pool overflowed for the second time this week this morning. I left MrE running the pump to dump water which seems a terrible waste. Work and more coffee are in my immediate future.
rosy

Post by rosy »

I hope you feel better soon, Bramble. Toothache is awful.

The workmen are leaving; they have managed to get a trickle of water to my taps but they need <insert technical thing here> which they can't get until tomorrow. I can at least flush the loo (though only "once an hour") and get enough water for a drink, but I can't use the shower or the washing machine. It could be worse, though; those poor people in Cumbria are really struggling.