Who is Thursday?

Turtle Bean

Who is Thursday?

Post by Turtle Bean »

It seemed like you had a theme this week so I followed it.

I have fixed all smilies I think.

How are you? I have my 121 with my manager today who generally uses the time to tell me about his gout. I am.breakfasting on Jaffa cakes which is not ideal.
indigo

Re: Who is Thursday?

Post by indigo »

Morning Beanio.

I'm in a really bad mood. I'm so sick of covering other people's work all the time. I think, once J is settled here and earning, it might be time for me to move on.
Turtle Bean

Post by Turtle Bean »

I am applying for a secondment later. I am quite excited.

Also today I am wearing socks with chicks on. Fluffy ones.
smalex

Post by smalex »

Morning Bean and Digs. I'm sorry you're a bit sick of work, Digs, but that sounds like a good plan. And exciting about your secondment Bean.

Just WFH for me today.
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

Morning.

I’m going to be observed at my job this morning and I’m feeling quite an amount of trepidation about it, given all the things I have to do are difficult.

I’m a bit sick of work too, but I’m on leave next week so at there’s light coming from a shaft somewhere along thing long tunnel of life.

C has an oncology appointment this morning too so I’m a bit on edge.
indigo

Post by indigo »

Oof, is that a standard check-up, Pip? Hope it goes well.

And good luck with your application, Bean!
Topcat

Post by Topcat »

Hope that the appointment goes well Pip.

I am also sick of work. Not my job, I have a good one but I am just thoroughly sick of working. Still, only 30 odd years of it to go.

There is nothing doing in my world today other than the usual getting through work, doing some hill reps tonight and then beginning to sort out the cesspit that I live in. Hooray.
Edith Bacon

Post by Edith Bacon »

I hope C’s appointment is pointless and that your observation is very smooth and impressive, Pip.

I’m having a pedicure this morning and then dull admin for the rest of the day.
smalex

Post by smalex »

That's a heavy day, Pipples. I hope you're ok.
Shoe

Post by Shoe »

Fingers crossed for the appointment, Pip, hope it's just a check up. :fc:

I still have the cold :emme: and am also sick of working :emme:
Bat Macdui

Post by Bat Macdui »

Generalised good luck, Pippo.

I have work this morning and taking Pix to the vet this afternoon, where I assume the vet will say 'yeah, old' and I'll be like 'yeah, deffo old'. :)) It's her six month check to see how she's doing on her kidney medication, so I am hoping there will be no more than that.
Jupiter

Post by Jupiter »

Good luck for today, Pip.

I am sick of applying for jobs. I am in the mix for a few but the amount of jobs I have applied for where I have heard nothing back is shocking. I am not in a hurry but I can't get out of the mindset of wanting to have something secure NOW. I am sure I will regret that mindset once I actually get a job and have to actually work for the first time in months.
Jupiter

Post by Jupiter »

Good luck for today, Pip.

I am sick of applying for jobs. I am in the mix for a few but the amount of jobs I have applied for where I have heard nothing back is shocking. I am not in a hurry but I can't get out of the mindset of wanting to have something secure NOW. I am sure I will regret that mindset once I actually get a job and have to actually work for the first time in months.
Shoe

Post by Shoe »

I hate job searching so much, Jupes, it's awful.

Before I got this job I must have applied for about 150 and out of them I maybe heard back from about 10%, the rest just never got back in touch. It's so frustrating.
Jupiter

Post by Jupiter »

Frustrating and rude!
smalex

Post by smalex »

God, that's awful Shoe!
rosy

Post by rosy »

Good luck, Pip.

I still have only the barest of trickles of water from the taps, and no hot water as the flow amount isn’t enough to trigger the boiler. The water company turned up this morning with a digger, but all they’ve done is sprayed some blue paint on the pavement and then left again. Apparently the inspection chamber is too close to a telegraph pole for them to dig. They aren't being very helpful on the phone as to what happens next.
It’s like a normal midlife crisis only with more chandeliers and foreign languages.
emma_p

Post by emma_p »

Good luck for the appt Pip. And for the job search Jupes. S has had a lot of knock backs while he’s been looking and it’s so tough. He’s waiting to hear if he’s been shortlisted at the moment. Urgh.

I’m on my way up to Hatton Garden to do a drop. I feel a bit like a dealer at the moment :lol: and am also going to pop to Diptyque to pick up some perfume as I’ve run out of my favourite.
emma_p

Post by emma_p »

Hope your water gets sorted soon rosy, do you have a full kettle?
Shoe

Post by Shoe »

smalex wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 12:02 pm God, that's awful Shoe!
I kept a spreadsheet so it's not even like I'm just being dramatic looking back after the event. :mrgreen:

Rosy, I was wondering about you last night when I heard about the water issues, I thought it was round your way.