February Fitness

sally maclennane

Re: February Fitness

Post by sally maclennane »

Edith Bacon wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 2:27 pm Is there any way you can check who is running the class before you go, Sal?
I do but he seems to cover loads of classes that are meant to be run by someone else so I generally avoid booking his classes, and then I get there, and its him anyway :tantrum:
Christ on a bendy bus son, don't be such a fucking faff arse
Edith Bacon

Post by Edith Bacon »

That’s SO annoying!
sally maclennane

I know! To be fair, I quite like his actual classes, in terms of the routines he does, it's just that he's such an annoying prick. He talks the entire time, typical man of his age (he mentioned that he's 62!)
Edith Bacon

Post by Edith Bacon »

I’m always dubious about classes run by men in case they make it all about them. To be fair, I’ve found one who doesn’t.
sally maclennane

The other guy who does a lot of the classes is nowhere as annoying, CG is just incredibly fond of the sound of his own voice :ella:
bramblerose

Post by bramblerose »

We have an instructor who gets 5 minutes into a routine and whips her vest top off. She wears a low cut crop top but nobody needs to look up and see that (especially when you're not expecting it!) AND she whoops :ella:

Anyway, 21km on the bike to and from work. It was a beautiful sunrise and I missed the rain coming home!
Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either, just fuck off and leave me alone.
mojojojo

Post by mojojojo »

How annoying, Sal.

I’m also enchanted by the thought of Pip marching with her kettlebell :))

Thanks Smal, and a good point :))
mojojojo

Post by mojojojo »

Oh god, what’s happened to the smiley smiley?
Edith Bacon

Post by Edith Bacon »

: ) ) is dead :cry:
geek_kitten

Post by geek_kitten »

No! He was my favourite 😭

Weights (one and half sessions because I had ones to catch up) and Muay Thai. I have new bruises and I suspect my shoulders are going to be dead tomorrow, just when I have to do rows and pull-ups, yay 😞

I am also delighted by the notion of Pip striding to the park, kettlebell in hand :mrgreen:
sally maclennane

bramblerose wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 5:54 pm We have an instructor who gets 5 minutes into a routine and whips her vest top off. She wears a low cut crop top but nobody needs to look up and see that (especially when you're not expecting it!) AND she whoops :ella:
Oh god, i hate the ones who whoop :ella:
geek_kitten

Post by geek_kitten »

There is absolutely no excuse for it :mad:

There's someone at one of my gyms who does it to encourage himself 😁
smalex

Post by smalex »

Turned out my training plan said to do a timed 5k or parkrun. My local PR was cancelled so I did a timed 5k by myself. Bloody awful :lol: buffeted by the wind all the way round. 28:30 which is crap compared to my PB, but I need it to base some of the next phase of training on so maybe I'll be glad it wasn't my best!
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

I’ve done my last but one Tough Mother thing. I was going to try & do two today, but the descending pyramid that looked nice and straightforward was actually hell. Sweat is rolling off me right now, it needs to stop before I can shower.

So there’s one final one to do tomorrow and I’ll do fitness tests on Monday so I’m only finishing a week late, which isn’t too bad when you account for how many I needed to catch up.
Edith Bacon

Post by Edith Bacon »

Pip, you’ve done amazingly well! You adjusted for feeling crap and then ploughed on when most people would have sacked it off completely. You rock.

I went for a walk with Dennis and he’s not all that. (I’m so glad I got it out of the way already though :look: ).
Topcat

Post by Topcat »

We cancelled our planned run, it would be complete fucking madness to go up on those hill in this.
bramblerose

Post by bramblerose »

Parkrun this morning. Muddy and a bit damp but no wind which was nice. Our local course is hilly and hard but it helps with the training.
Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either, just fuck off and leave me alone.
geek_kitten

Post by geek_kitten »

Pilates, and the remaining 1.5 weights workout for this week. RFE squats, baby pistol squats, walking lunges and Nordic curls in the same workout is a bad idea. Combining with negative chinups, bent over rows and decline pushups doesn't improve matters. And now I have to try and swim home through Dennis 🙄🙄
mojojojo

Post by mojojojo »

Well done, Pip! Finishing it at all is amazing, given how you were feeling.

My new 5k PB is 28:30, smal :lol:

16 miles yesterday. It was slow going, and hard work in the wind (I missed the rain, fortunately).

I was struggling to keep going in the last mile, which fills me with dread about trying to do 20 in 2 weeks :bob:

It was our running club awards night last night, so putting on heels and dancing after the run was horrific :lol:
smalex

Post by smalex »

16 miles though Moje! You're way ahead of me where it counts!
The race adrenalin gives you a few extra miles I always think!