SaturDennis

smalex

SaturDennis

Post by smalex »

Could be even worse than Ciara, what joy.

I need to do a run this morning so I'm just going to go and get on with it. Then we are going to take this fabulous opportunity to tidy and clear the attic. Stop with your jealousy, Haterz.
baargain
The Baarometer of Style

Re: SaturDennis

Post by baargain »

I'm trapped in the Alps. :lol: looks like I'm here til Monday instead of tomorrow.
Annabella

Post by Annabella »

Morning Smal I don't anticipate much here except rain this afternoon. Have breakfasted and will do some tidying and laundry - yes another exciting episode in my Saturday life :)
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

Morning.

I’ve got to do swimming lessons again. Why meeee? The only saving grace is that I won’t be here to put the groceries away when they arrive.
Bat Macdui

Post by Bat Macdui »

baargain wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 9:14 am I'm trapped in the Alps. :lol: looks like I'm here til Monday instead of tomorrow.
Baa!!! I don't know if that's brilliant or awful for you. :)) Lots of apres ski without the actual ski? Build a nice snowman to pass the time?
Kenickie
Kenneth Attenborough

Post by Kenickie »

Oh no, Baa. I hope the delay is enjoyable.

I'm hoping that I can get home from London on this afternoon.
If your back's against the wall, turn around and write on it.
baargain
The Baarometer of Style

Post by baargain »

We're being all jolly hockey sticks about it :)) we booked in a package, so the tour company are sorting it all out. Best option, we get to go home tomorrow somehow, second option, trapped in hotel and just eat cake, third option, trapped in grenoble Airport :))
Dandelion

Post by Dandelion »

Eeek, I hope it is one of the first two options, Baaa. Never have the benefits of a package booking been more evident than the fall out of Coronavirus that I have been dealing with this week. Take note people - never book flight only. Just add one night’s accommodation and any expense when things go wrong is not yours.

I am joining your thrilling Saturdays by being on the bus to work. Another day of fire fighting lies ahead. On the plus side, it means MrD is on kids’ birthday party duty later. :evil:
Bat Macdui

Post by Bat Macdui »

The key thing there is whether Grenoble Airport also has cake. Good luck!
Luna

Post by Luna »

Morning, I am at work. However, this shift goes pretty quickly. I was planning on going into town later but looking at the weather I am going to bin that idea.

Hope you don't get trapped at the airport Baaaaa.
baargain
The Baarometer of Style

Post by baargain »

Grenoble Airport is very small and dull, but I think there is cake.
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

We might go looking at tents later on. Highly weather appropriate.

Rugby is already cancelled, so tomorrow’s free. Squeak’s dearest birthday wish is to go ice skating, so we might do that.
Ella77

Post by Ella77 »

Dande, would you recommend that even for people with travel insurance?

Morning, all.
ParisGal

Post by ParisGal »

Why are you trapped, Baa? Because of the storm? Have you had enough snow for skiing?

It's rather lovely here but I haven't actually been outside yet so don't know how strong the wind is.
Edith Bacon

Post by Edith Bacon »

Morning chaps.

I hope your unintended stay is as pleasant and cake-filled as possible, Baaa.

A&E are away at Winter Scout Camp, building character. So I’m flollopping to the max, watching shite tv and eating stuff they don’t like. I will walk later though.
Skips

Post by Skips »

Morning. The wind is picking up here, I have walked lucy and I'm sat with a coffee. J is heading down to the co-op for provisions. We need bread and I want a bacon sandwich.
Princess Morripov

Post by Princess Morripov »

Ella77 wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 10:19 am Dande, would you recommend that even for people with travel insurance?
I would be interested to know this too, I would never book a package and always assume insurance would cover any kind of fallout? Also when I’ve had a flight cancelled that’s been dealt with by the airline (additional accommodation/transport etc).

Morning! I have just had a sossidge, egg and cheese sandwich :ready: our fridge has died though and the Camembert I had for later has been a victim of the 11 degree temp in there. (I had put everything else outside as it’s colder but forgot about that), so we will have to troop out to the shops later :ruby:

It’s so grim out, I’m not sure what to do with today. Tupac wants to go to the toy shop to buy an ambulance apparently :lol:
baargain
The Baarometer of Style

Post by baargain »

ParisGal wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 10:58 am Why are you trapped, Baa? Because of the storm? Have you had enough snow for skiing?

It's rather lovely here but I haven't actually been outside yet so don't know how strong the wind is.
Yeah, storm Dennis is gonna sit on Luton Airport, I think. We have had the perfect mix of some sunny days, and a surprising amount of powdery snow. So the skiing has been amazing.

I don't usually book packages, but our previous ski holidays just mount up in cost and this was a bargain so we thought we'd see what it was like.
Ella77

Post by Ella77 »

Can the Camembert be rescued by baking it?
Ella77

Post by Ella77 »

By rescued I mean killed.