Family cars

Kenickie
Kenneth Attenborough

Re: Family cars

Post by Kenickie »

I'm too scared to whizz. ;) I got P to test drive it on the motorway as I didn't get above 30 on mine. :lol:

I'll ask for a reduction, is there anything normal to ask them to throw in instead if they won't budge on price?
If your back's against the wall, turn around and write on it.
Mayday

Post by Mayday »

I made Mr M test drive it for me :lol:

You could ask for them to pay the road tax, or throw in a tank of fuel, or maybe some mats or something.

With it being so new I wouldn't expect anything to need doing, but if it did I'd get them to do it. For example my car was advertised at 3750, we grudgingly agreed to pay that, as it was the best we'd seen for miles around (and we looked hard) but a couple of the parking sensors weren't working, and MrM knew that the cambelt and waterpump would be due soon, so we got them to do that and fix the parking sensors (so that saved us quite a bit as we'd have had to get them done anyway).

You should be able to get them down a couple of hundred at least, I'd have thought.
Rhodonite

Post by Rhodonite »

Try not to act too keen! I always find they don't budge on price or extras when they know you are going to buy anyway. The only time I've got money off, was with this cmax, we've just bought. I think that was only because we'd already lost out on 2 other cars while we were with them, and I think they knew we were ready to walk away!
Lola

Post by Lola »

Tell them you really like it but money is tight because of the twins & is there anything they can do? Otherwise you’ll have to leave it :sad face:
sally maclennane

Post by sally maclennane »

My older brother bought a new car a few years ago, and inadvertently got a great deal on it. He runs his own business and is incredibly busy, he's also a bit scatty and routinely forgets to return calls etc. The garage thought he was playing hardball and knocked money off but really he'd just forgotten to phone them back :lol:
Christ on a bendy bus son, don't be such a fucking faff arse
Kenickie
Kenneth Attenborough

Post by Kenickie »

:lol: that's brilliant Sal.

I have a new car! I asked for the best price and he said the most he could take off was a couple of hundred as it was priced to sell. So I said we'd take it if he did £500 off which he agreed.

So, no one tell me anything negative about Citroen now or that I should have gone for an estate. :lol:
Lola

Post by Lola »

Well done!
Kenickie
Kenneth Attenborough

Post by Kenickie »

And it has some kind of magic where it parks for you. :love:

Also the sales person was a million times nicer, not pushy at all, and has a twin sister so it felt a bit meant to be.
Rhodonite

Post by Rhodonite »

Hurrah for a new car! It was definitely meant to be.