Feeding TMT

Ella77

Re: Feeding TMT

Post by Ella77 »

I like kale cooked as it is in the Anna Jones pan-roasted lime, feta and chilli greens burritos recipe (also uses tinned borlotti beans). We have it all the time, and it’s lovely. Can photograph the recipe if needed.
Lily
Picker-Lily

Post by Lily »

YES PLEASE! I love kale.
"You first have to find out who you are. Then you have to be it like mad."

My blog, if you are bored
Flora Poste

Post by Flora Poste »

Disco wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 4:31 pm
Turtle Bean wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 4:27 pm Spiky bastard.
See also: frisee lettuce. :mad:
Frisee always gets stuck in my throat and makes me cough for ages. NOT advised right now.
indigo

Post by indigo »

I like endive the best of all the leaves. I've never seen it here though.
Ella77

Post by Ella77 »

Sorry about the shit photos. The book’s quite knackered now and it won’t lie flat.

F1739C9E-E73D-4C2D-9DFF-36CD30AE2842.jpeg
74CE61AC-1B66-41B7-8FA3-70CF3FCDBB6A.jpeg
0676B7FD-FA1D-4310-BFF5-6438FD5B7814.jpeg
Use any oil instead of coconut oil.

Zest the limes at the start. The recipe isn’t clear about this!

You can use frozen coriander straight from the packet.

We always use kale instead of spring greens.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Toast
Delboy

Post by Toast »

I like it in things like ribolita too but otherwise, how about bubble and squeak? I have a savoy cabbage I'm going to use up this way. I find B&S freezes well too.
Kenickie
Kenneth Attenborough

Post by Kenickie »

I like frisee but hate kale.
If your back's against the wall, turn around and write on it.
Disco

Post by Disco »

That does sound very nice, Ella. I will make it in the future when I have feta and avocado.

I love B&S, Toast. Completely forgot about its existence!

I'm all prepped for ribollita and looking forward to it.
Ella77

Post by Ella77 »

I did think it was a bit of a Marie Antoinette recipe to be posting right now :)). Feta AND limes AND avocado AND beans. It’s 2020: you get two of those, max.
Toast
Delboy

Post by Toast »

I had a feeling you would, Disco! I bet you'd love a poached egg with it too :stalker:
Ella77

Post by Ella77 »

Sounds so good.
nineseven

Post by nineseven »

Well, prepare to feel jealous because lunch was an expired tin of sardines (Dec 19) on a single slice of toast, with some tomatoes and a tiny bit of cucumber. I am rationing and trying not to use all the nice stuff up at once, but jesus.
Ella77

Post by Ella77 »

:lol: I like how we think *now* is the time to play fast and loose with food hygiene.

We had pikelets made with expired yeast earlier. (The yeast was fine.)
ParisGal

Post by ParisGal »

Tins are immortal :)
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

If we're competing for glamorous food, I am currently making stock for tomorrow's soup for lunch from leek, onion, potato and carrot peelings that would normally go in the food waste bin. :humble:
Protected by the ejaculation of serpents
Flora Poste

Post by Flora Poste »

nineseven wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 5:52 pm I am rationing and trying not to use all the nice stuff up at once, but jesus.
We had carbonara last night, but on jacket potato as we had loads of those and didn't want to use our spaghetti up, and without the egg as we were running low on those :lol:
Edith Bacon

Re: Are you stockpiling?

Post by Edith Bacon »

Morganna wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 2:24 pm
Edith Bacon wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 3:58 pm
Morganna wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 3:46 pm In the absence of supermarket deliveries I have placed an order with Urban Cordial.

I haven't tried them before, but I am hoping they are like Mr Fitzpatrick cordials. I ordered a selection pack, and some of them can be drunk hot or cold. I plan to drink the cold ones from gin glasses with ice.
I would be interested to hear how they compare, Morgs. I only drink Mr F (other than water and tea) and there is only one local stockist. It would be nice to have a good alternative.
My order has arrived and they have only sent 5 bottles instead of 12. Or was it 10? Anyway, I paid for the large selection pack and have been sent the small one. I took a photo of the box, but obviously it proves nothing, as I could have just removed the other bottles. I have emailed them, so we'll see what happens now.
How disappointing and annoying for you. I hope they send you the missing so you can try them all out.
Ella77

Post by Ella77 »

Flora Poste wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 6:16 pm
nineseven wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 5:52 pm I am rationing and trying not to use all the nice stuff up at once, but jesus.
We had carbonara last night, but on jacket potato as we had loads of those and didn't want to use our spaghetti up, and without the egg as we were running low on those :lol:
:lol:

On a serious note, my husband nearly ended up on the eyeballs thread because when I said I think we should be a bit more careful with food and try to stretch it a bit further, he said “Ok, thanks. I will too” :bite:
H1ppychick

Post by H1ppychick »

I had the outer leaves of a cauliflower for lunch on Sunday, cooked with a bit of butter, fresh black pepper, a squirt of mayonnaise and and with a few tiny slivers of cheese on. It was a poor man’s cauliflower cheese.
Brass Neck

Post by Brass Neck »

It's all about the store cupboard challenge here, the next grocery order I can get is April 4th, I have no car (post-Beardy death complications) and the Spar two doors down that everyone relies on has just shut and says it's trying to transition to an email order system. I hope they can because I live in studentville, and they often don't have the money to put together a full Asda online order, if they could even get one.

This week's store cupboard challenges kick off with:
Veggie pancakes (tinned corn, gram flour, herbs and spices)
Spam and potato hash
Tinned salmon fishcakes
Chickpea curry
Brown rice/bacon/tomato baked slow cooker 'risotto'
Dhal and rice

I think I'm OK. I had two cartons of milk in the freezer before Spar closed, as well as two litres of UHT. If Roo kicks off, let him. :))
Nail varnish mule