Feeding TMT

Disco

Re: Feeding TMT

Post by Disco »

Toast wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 5:44 pm I had a feeling you would, Disco! I bet you'd love a poached egg with it too :stalker:
You know me too well :))
Ella77 wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 6:20 pm he said “Ok, thanks. I will too” :bite:
What?! :lol:
Disco

Post by Disco »

This was yesterday’s lunch. :ironlung: god that’s not funny given the pneumonia.
Ella77

Post by Ella77 »

I know, right? Clearly, stretching rations and going without is only for the ladies.

Brasso, that is very resourceful but I hope you get more food soon.
Disco

Post by Disco »

I, too, hope you can source more food very soon, Brasso. I can reason with my teen son but it would be so much harder with a very young child.
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

The gin brand that is very local to me has sent an email suggesting they’re on the edge, so I’ve done the decent thing and bought a bottle. They’re £5 off a bottle at the moment which essentially wipes out the postage, unless you buy two, then postage is free. :))

https://burleighsgin.com/

I got the LCFC one, it’s my favourite.
Elya

Post by Elya »

Ella77 wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 4:50 pm I like kale cooked as it is in the Anna Jones pan-roasted lime, feta and chilli greens burritos recipe (also uses tinned borlotti beans). We have it all the time, and it’s lovely. Can photograph the recipe if needed.
I love this recipe and am also a big kale fan - raw or baked in the oven.
Brass Neck

Post by Brass Neck »

Thankfully a) he is a colossal dustbin :)) and has just asked me for a ginger jam sandwich, for example and b) I have long been a Brexit hoarder so I think we're OK. I got caught a bit short by this because I was trying to use up my stash (e.g. very little UHT left) but we'll be OK.
Nail varnish mule
viggy

Post by viggy »

There's nothing like not knowing when you'll get food again to make you waste NOTHING. More often than I'd like to admit, I'll open passata and stick half the carton back in the fridge. NOT ANY MORE! Tomato pasta last night, homemade pizza tonight (using up all the dough to make extras to freeze). I still have a wee bit left, and am agonsing over what to do with it.

I found an old jar of roasted peppers in my cupboard, so I used them to eke out a (precious) tin of tomatoes, some carrots and a wee bit of beetroot to make soup. I'd ordered steamed beetroot and they delivered steamed IN VINEGAR :lg: - I used a wee bit anyway but it made the soup too sharp. Quick google and a half tsp of bicarb sorted it out.

One of my best mates managed to get happy eggs for me and left them on my doorstep, today I sent her a box of coffee pods in return. This may be the most middle class bartering I've ever been involved in :lol:
viggy

Post by viggy »

Oh! When all this madness was kicking off the one thing I did panic buy was 48 packets of yeast :lol: In my defence I could only order it from amazon and it was either a fiver for 6 sachets, or 15 quid for a shit ton. Anyway, if anyone wants some (and I can figure out how to post it) let me know. Full dicslosure: I'm in isolation with COVIDDY symptoms, that are far more likely to be my asthma reacting to my daughter's 3 week plus cold. But you'd probably want to give the outer packaging a good wipe anyway.
Last edited by viggy on Tue Mar 24, 2020 9:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
emma_p

Post by emma_p »

Ella77 wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 7:35 pm I know, right? Clearly, stretching rations and going without is only for the ladies.

Brasso, that is very resourceful but I hope you get more food soon.
I just gave everyone else bigger portions pasta for dinner than me! More because of not measuring the right amount today but I am genuinely worried about running out of food. S now has symptoms so we're stuck in now for at least 14 days. I only have an account with Ocado and Farmdrop and haven't been able to get a slot with either since our delivery last week.
Ella77

Post by Ella77 »

Shit, do you have enough for now? Have you tried that veg box place Froozy mentioned? (Thanks Froozy by the way.)

https://www.themockturtle.com/Amock/vie ... 1#p2621721

Might be worth calling them to see if they know when they can deliver. I placed an order but they didn’t give a date or anything. (Definitely call before ordering, I reckon.)
Froozy

Post by Froozy »

My mum thinks hers is coming on Thursday. I think she ordered on Sunday and had an email today. The email she forwarded to me was a ‘Joe would like to recall this email’ though so who knows :fish:
geek_kitten

Post by geek_kitten »

Would a meal delivery service like hello fresh be an option for a couple of weeks, Emma?
Ella77

Post by Ella77 »

Hah. Ah :)). I took a look at their Instagram page, and there are tons of people asking how long their orders will take. They’re not being very good at engaging with people over that, but I expect they’re flat out.
Ella77

Post by Ella77 »

geek_kitten wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 9:17 pm Would a meal delivery service like hello fresh be an option for a couple of weeks, Emma?
Not sure if you’ve tried any of them, but there’s basically no availability at the moment from what I’ve seen.
geek_kitten

Post by geek_kitten »

I can get a Hello Fresh order within a week (just tried signing up with a new account) but I don’t know if that’s because I’m in Scotland...
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

Not necessarily what you want, but Donald Russell see to still be ok, and they do some prepared stuff as well as meat/ fish, so while you can't get veg from them, you can probably get a veg side dish. Fishbox is also going strong from what I can see.

I've just a massive tantrum because my veggie Cornish pasties ( have to use up the bloody swede) have gone to crap. I sat on the floor and wept. About pasties I don't technically care about. :ella: It's all a bit much at times.
Protected by the ejaculation of serpents
Ella77

Post by Ella77 »

geek_kitten wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 9:25 pm I can get a Hello Fresh order within a week (just tried signing up with a new account) but I don’t know if that’s because I’m in Scotland...
I can’t get Hello Fresh or Gousto at all in my part of London at the moment.
geek_kitten

Post by geek_kitten »

Donald Russell is a good shout - expensive and their prepared veg stuff is a bit limited, but they seem not overwhelmed. Muscle food are another suggestion and do prepped meals as well as insane quantities of chicken (although their delivery slots are becoming limited now).

I am not surprised, Ella.
emma_p

Post by emma_p »

I just got a Farmdrop slot for 31 March! I'd just missed out for about 3 days in a row but had pretty much sussed the times their new delivery times are released and how to maximise chances of not losing out once you get in. I'm SO relieved. Local friends have offered to drop things round but there's always the chance we have infected them (I last saw most of them on Friday at the last school pick up) so they might be isolating themselves by the time we really run out. I can't tell you how relieved I am. I almost cried when I got the conformation email :cry: