The "Do I have COVID-19?" thread

Rhodonite

Re: The "Do I have COVID-19?" thread

Post by Rhodonite »

I think it's better to be safe, mojo. I did the same with J. Kept him in just in case.

D is now saying he has a sore throat, which can be one of the symptoms but he also had strep last year, so who knows.

I've read a few times that loss of taste and smell *could* also be a sign you have it (even without other symptoms), so it's worth looking out for that too.
baargain
The Baarometer of Style

Post by baargain »

I thought I slept on my head funny on Thursday night, but my neck still aches today. I've only just twigged that it could all be related :duh:
Smunder Woman
Consciously Unbellended

Post by Smunder Woman »

We are now isolating. I've been coughing all morning and am a bit breathless. Tbh, it could be anxiety and my usual sinus stuff, but I'm not taking the risk. However, the breathlessness became evident when we were in a drive thru queue at McDonald's, after getting fuel, so hopefully I haven't infected people :look:

Baa, I've been thinking I've been sleeping funny on my neck for the past few days too. Ugh.
olive
Really Creepy

Post by olive »

I think we’re all walking around potentially infecting people until we have any definitive symptoms, Smunder.

I’ve been coughing a lot since yesterday and my bones are aching on and off. I’ll feel fine for ages and then suddenly I’ll feel like I’ve been hit by a bus.

My throat and head hurt from the coughing.
Smunder Woman
Consciously Unbellended

Post by Smunder Woman »

Yeah, there's really not much I could have done differently.

That sounds very similar to what a couple of my friends have said. They seem to have one day feeling ok, and one day feeling totally floored, on and off for a couple of weeks.
purple_dress

Post by purple_dress »

That's my experience too. I felt a bit better yesterday and fairly awful again today. So sick of it now.
smalex

Post by smalex »

That's exactly what my friend said. Felt bad, felt better, felt terrible.... now actually improving. I hope it improves for you all soon.

I thought I had tightness across my chest but it's genuinely just this fucking bravissimo bra :mog:
Morganna

Post by Morganna »

My neck is sore today, too.

Can I ask those who have it/have had it - how long was the lead-in? This very low-level set of possible symptoms has been going on for a week now. I have no cough, though. I had very gritty eyes at the start, but that has passed. I think it's more likely to be hypochondria, but it would be good to know one way or the other.

Cross-posted, smal. Bravissimo bras are always tight on me, too :))
Disco

Post by Disco »

The thing is no one knows if they have had it or do have it. Until testing becomes the norm.

I hope everyone that feels unwell feels better soon.
Morganna

Post by Morganna »

No, I know. I am being impatient, as usual :)). If we knew, we could do more, though. I could visit my mum, for a start. Or maybe not. That's a whole new can of worms, I suppose.
Ismee

Post by Ismee »

I definitely feel worse today than yesterday but it comes in waves. One minute I can sit up for a bit but if I walk to the bathroom it wipes me out. I'm now in H's bedroom.

I am just thankful that my breathing is ok and hope it stays that way.
baargain
The Baarometer of Style

Post by baargain »

I'm a week in, not much of a cough or breathlessness any more. Just a painful neck. YMMV!
viggy

Post by viggy »

I seem to be awful in the mornings and evenings, and better in the afternoon. This afternoon I didn't need my inhaler at all then after cooking dinner and being on my feet for a while trying to stem the tide of mess, I felt awful and have done since. I really need to rest properly but no chance living with a 7yo.

GP has prescribed me steroid tablets because there's a national shortage of brown inhalers and I'm not bad enough for one yet, which is fair enough. I'm really hoping the meds help me turn the tide. GP also said I'd to isolate until 7 days or until my symptoms stop, and BM should isolate until any symptoms stop, but she's had a snottery, non covid cough for three bloody weeks!

Not that it matters so much since we're all in lockdoen now anyway.
Luce

Post by Luce »

I definitely haven't felt terrible, yet. But I do have days where I'm fine and then days when I'm a bit ropey. I only get breathless when I'm talking but its noticeable. More like I've been running rather than what I imagine asthma feels like.

Weirdly, does anyone have mouth ulcers? I assumed this was just stress but both the kids had them earlier in the week and that was unusual. I mean, tbh, this could all be in my head, I'm only just about holding it together!
Kenickie
Kenneth Attenborough

Post by Kenickie »

That's so strange, I had one which is only just going now.
If your back's against the wall, turn around and write on it.
Ismee

Post by Ismee »

Oh Vigs, I'm sorry you're not getting to rest.

I feel dreadful. I can manage to walk to the bathroom but it completely wipes me out. My inhalers are managing my asthma thankfully. I'm also finding it really hard to sleep despite being exhausted.

This is so shit. I am really thankful that my breathing isn't getting any worse.
Rhodonite

Post by Rhodonite »

I've just seen this on Instagram (@drjustinekluk), if anyone wants to complete it.
Want to #HelptheNHS in seconds?

Firstly #stayhome 🏡 Then head to the link in my bio and download the #covidradar symptom tracker.
This has been developed rapidly by my husband’s company @zoe over the past 5 days with doctors and scientists @kings_college_london @tim.spector to support the @nhswebsite. ✨Self-report daily (even if you’re well) to help inform our healthcare system and policy makers where the virus is spreading. ✨Share the link with friends and family in the UK. US version out later this week hopefully. ✨By submitting your symptoms daily, you can help scientists identify: 🔹How fast the virus is spreading in your area
🔹Who is most at risk sooner, by sharing symptoms and simple health information
🔹Share this with friends and family - the more information we have, the better we can support the NHS.

All data is strictly for public health and research purposes and will not be used commercially.
Self-report daily. Help slow the outbreak. Identify those at risk sooner.
https://covid.joinzoe.com/
Ismee

Post by Ismee »

So tonight's middle of the night wake up is 2am. I've woken up really cold and also keep getting pains in my side and weirdly my elbows, short, sharp pains. I'm assuming that is all part of it.

My temp is up again after being normal for a couple of hours yesterday. It's not as high as it was on Monday at least.
Kenickie
Kenneth Attenborough

Post by Kenickie »

Sorry you're still feeling rubbish, Is. I hope you're better soon.
If your back's against the wall, turn around and write on it.
Ismee

Post by Ismee »

Thanks Ken. Are you feeding the twins? :love2:

I hope you all get back to sleep soon.