Covid-19

Bendywendywoo

Re: Corona Virus

Post by Bendywendywoo »

Hazey_Jane wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 12:01 pm Prince Charles has it
Well that has the potential to change things for the future. I hope he's nowhere near his parents, his father already looks dead!
Heartsick.blog
smalex

Post by smalex »

Bendywendywoo wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 12:05 pm
Hazey_Jane wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 12:01 pm Prince Charles has it
Well that has the potential to change things for the future. I hope he's nowhere near his parents, his father already looks dead!
I've never imagined they're in particularly close personal contact, somehow.
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

What will he do, with only a wing of a Palace to self isolate in.
Protected by the ejaculation of serpents
Texaco Shirley

Post by Texaco Shirley »

No servants presumably, that’ll be a shock.
rosy

Post by rosy »

He’s in Scotland so nowhere near Phil.
It’s like a normal midlife crisis only with more chandeliers and foreign languages.
cluefree

Post by cluefree »

Thanks, Beatrix. I’m really sorry for you too, it’s such bullshit, isn’t it?
sally maclennane

Post by sally maclennane »

I know he would have had the test through private healthcare but honestly, that fucks me off SO much. We have NHS staff self isolating when they could be at work if they could be tested, and some over privileged twat that we could well do without, has been tested.
Christ on a bendy bus son, don't be such a fucking faff arse
smalex

Post by smalex »

Well exactly. I'm not quite as against private healthcare as some people here, I know, but in a time of extreme national crisis it's just not right to get something which is crucial to the national interest.
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

Those resources should be funnelled into the NHS somehow now.
Protected by the ejaculation of serpents
smalex

Post by smalex »

I agree. The private healthcare system should've been nationalised a couple of weeks ago.
ParisGal

Post by ParisGal »

Oh god, oth :cry: [ETA I'm sure there was post from oth that I replied to]

The BBC article says Prince Charles met the criteria to be tested by the NHS (over 70 + symptoms?).
smalex

Post by smalex »

ParisGal wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 12:34 pm The BBC article says Prince Charles met the criteria to be tested by the NHS (over 70 + symptoms?).

HMMMMMMM.
Derek Nimmo

Post by Derek Nimmo »

Mountain Goat wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 12:31 pm Those resources should be funnelled into the NHS somehow now.
In Spain, they commandeered the private hospitals. Here, they get paid £1m a day for use of their facilities (or so I read).
Froozy

Post by Froozy »

As someone’s already said the first BPAS approach didn’t work so they’ve now suggest contacting boris directly.
Morganna

Post by Morganna »

smalex wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 12:37 pm
ParisGal wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 12:34 pm The BBC article says Prince Charles met the criteria to be tested by the NHS (over 70 + symptoms?).

HMMMMMMM.
Hmmmm indeed! I doubt that your average 70+ mildly symptomatic person would get tested on the NHS or privately, when tests are in such short supply. It is outrageous that medical staff are struggling for tests while he gets one when he's not really ill.

ETA - And another thing :verm:!! The blatant way it has been reported in the BBC is annoying too. I don't know if it was done in a 'spirit of the blitz/Queen mum in the East End' sort of way, but honestly!
Heebie Jeebie

Post by Heebie Jeebie »

rosy wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 12:19 pm He’s in Scotland so nowhere near Phil.
Yeah they have fucked off to their holiday home in the country, like the plebs have been told not to.

And I don't believe for a minute that they are testing all over 70s with mild symptoms.
smalex

Post by smalex »

Apparently he would've/could've been positive when he met with the Queen last!
Kleio

Post by Kleio »

Ah well, all that waiting to become King and he might be outlived by his mum yet. :ninja:
Teasel

Post by Teasel »

I wonder if the testing criteria is different in Scotland as the NHS there is separate to NHS England?
Lily
Picker-Lily

Post by Lily »

I've had an awful morning as Shouting Fuckwit has determined to go ahead with our work. I've blocked the stupid twat on Whatsapp; if he wants to talk to me about work related stuff he can email. We are going against all government legislation and common sense but he's found a "clause" in the legislation, rather than just accepting it and closing for a few weeks like any sensible individual - I'm not even going to go into it. Our MD is v ill with it and has basically just put up his hands for a quiet life. I was in tears at one point (not that either of them know obviously) as we are doing the wrong thing on so many levels.

Our CEO has been wonderful though. She's in her early 50s and has spent a lot of time this morning calming me down and telling me about her experiences of working in a male-dominated industry and the dinosaurs and macho twats she's encountered. She helped me write a very diplomatic email and I feel calmer and better now. I will never be able to forgive Shouting Fuckwit for this attitude though.

Prince Charles must feel awful having possibly given it to his parents. They could well have tested him to see if he had it because he'd been around them - that makes perfect sense. I feel bad for him as I would for anyone who got it and I hope he recovers quickly.
"You first have to find out who you are. Then you have to be it like mad."

My blog, if you are bored