March Fitness

mojojojo

Re: March Fitness

Post by mojojojo »

I went out for a 5.5 mile tempo run. It was sunny and the roads were so quiet.

I wanted to go in the morning, but the thought of having my one outing over and done with so early was too depressing, so I did a mini Pilates & stretch session first thing (like 20 minutes - nothing strenuous).
wendy james

Post by wendy james »

CXWORK this morning, a bit of dancing at lunchtime and a socially distant run* with the girls after work.

*I can’t help myself as I don’t want anybody to think I’m out there *near* people.
smalex

Post by smalex »

I feel the same Wendy, a ridiculous sense of having to justify myself.

I went for a cycle tonight, along the cycle bath and up onto a hill which looks over (part of ) the city. It was nice. I enjoyed being alone :uhh: S took W to the park for some football.
bramblerose

Post by bramblerose »

I don't think we have to justify ourselves. I suspect that the members of this board conduct social distancing - it's others you have to watch out for!

I had to go into work to pick up some cables that I had forgotten to bring home so we both went out on the bikes to pick them up. A nice gentle 19.5km. We didn't get lycra'd up, I just chucked a pair of padded shorts on under my leggings and put a hoodie on over my t-shirt... I had to take the hoodie off, it was so warm... if the situation were different, it was perfect riding weather.

We are planning our daily outings for late afternoon/early evening. I'll probably cycle most of the time but I will need to run as well, so I've got some nice 5km routes planned. I've now got a yoga mat so I'll do some bodyweight stuff in the morning and I'll dig out my pads so I can still do some boxing with Gannet instead of a bag :))
Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either, just fuck off and leave me alone.
bramblerose

Post by bramblerose »

So a short bodyweight workout this morning (Five, ten, fifteen) and a fairly quick (for me) 5km run this afternoon. Sun! short sleeves! capri pants!

It was nice to just listen to music and be on my own for a little while.
Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either, just fuck off and leave me alone.
wendy james

Post by wendy james »

I had a lie in this morning, so did Body Attack at lunchtime, then out for a walk when I finished work.
Texaco Shirley

Post by Texaco Shirley »

A solitary 5K round the Showfield tonight. I must say I’m appreciating the 2m rule. Obviously I’m keeping my own distance but it’s nice to have people not spreading across the path and letting their dogs/children trip me up.
mojojojo

Post by mojojojo »

Solitary 5k for me too - but part of our running club’s social distancing championships.

Just snuck under 27 mins, which is a few seconds shy of my (very recent) PB, but as this route was much more undulating I was super pleased :)) Less than a year ago my PB was 31.5 mins, and I thought that was miraculous at the time!

Hats off to all the indoors exercise - I’m going to try to introduce a bit of that as soon as I can make some space in the garage.
smalex

Post by smalex »

That's really good Moje! And well done tex Wendy and Brambs.
wendy james

Post by wendy james »

I got up to do a class and was greeted by Sproglette. :ella: So I put on a Bodybalance and we did it together.

I then did Bodypump in the garden at lunchtime, but that doesn’t do much for my step count so I was still miles from my target even after our post-work stroll.

So I put on a video by a chap who is doing Clubercise but it wasn’t as dance-y as I thought it would be, so I switched to a Sh’bam and pranced round like an idiot until my Fitbit buzzed. :lol:
smalex

Post by smalex »

Wow. You did quite a lot then!

I did a weights circuit, and we did a looped walk at the end of the day to another local open space. I also quickly jogged up the road... about 300m...and back...so far so good. I'll wait another few days and try it again (restrictions allowing)
mojojojo

Post by mojojojo »

Ooh, fingers crossed, Smal!

That’s a lot, Wendy! I really should try some LMOD - I think my gym sent us a link to some free classes.
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

I’ve finally found some motivation and did a Spartan workout (300 reps with kettlebells), and then Pilates. My playlist is helping too.

I’m going to fire up LMOD tomorrow.

Also, I think I want a 16kg kettlebell, but can’t find one anywhere so that’s something to aim for.
mojojojo

Post by mojojojo »

16kg!!

Well done Pip. I’ve been for a substitute parkrun this morning (locally, and not in a park!) It was cold and windy.

We’re going to clear the garage up a bit this weekend so I can try to do a bit more indoor stuff.
Livilla

Post by Livilla »

I tried out LMOD Grit today, out of curiosity. It was....hard :lol: Non-stop plyometric and strength cardio.

I want to try ShBam, WJ, as it looks like fun, but I might leave it til tomorrow, now. :faint:
Luce

Post by Luce »

I've been reading in awe (and FOMO) at you lot carrying on with all the recent shenanigans. I've neither had the equipment or head space to do anything other than an aborted bodypump.

But I'm back, our Peloton arrived today and it's absolutely bloody amazing. I can send virtual high fives to other people doing the same spin class as me at the same time so it doesn't feel as lonely. It was a really good class and I smashed it, I'm so pleased.
smalex

Post by smalex »

That's great luce, I'm glad you like it now its here.

We cycled a 7 mile loop this morning, just under an hour. It was blowy as fuck. Like cycling though treacle. Then we toiled in the garden again. God I really love the feeling of physical tiredness it gives me.
wendy james

Post by wendy james »

Sh’bam is definitely a class I enjoy doing alone at home. I don’t think I’d dare in public. Same for Barre and my flolloping around like an elephant. :lol:

Happy Peleton Day Luce!

I took a rest day, so just a nice long walk with the rest of the household. I have one more day to hit a full 4 weeks of 8000 steps and at least one exercise session per day. I think I’ll do Bodystep in the morning to make sure. :lol:
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

No way would I ever do Sh’bam outside the house! My friend goes to her gym, but she’s often the only person in a virtual class.

It’s the hip hop moves that make me want to die inside the most.
smalex

Post by smalex »

4wks x 8000steps is very impressive Wendy!