Public Announcement: It is Thursday.

smalex

Public Announcement: It is Thursday.

Post by smalex »

I repeat: Thursday.

Sooooo. Another day :uhh:

I'll WFH/supervise W. Walk later. Must draw up a shopping list.

Um. Yeah. That's it.
lazzbo

Re: Public Announcement: It is Thursday.

Post by lazzbo »

Hello smal!

I have totally lost track of the days despite working this week and having daily project deliveries.

Today I have to go and buy food and drink for two elderly friends. I'm wondering if I should get them to write me a note, in case people ask why I'm buying so much stuff. I foresee judgemental stares and tutting.
cluefree

Post by cluefree »

Good morning. It is so sunny again. :love2:

I expect today will be much like any other day, Pinky. WE’LL TRY TO TAKE OVER THE WORLD.

Failing that, we will go for a decent walk, I will try to distract an increasingly bored three year old all day and poor Maggie is having a bath but doesn’t know it yet.
speedy gonzalez

Post by speedy gonzalez »

Yay for Thursday. I was going to visit a shop today but Mr Speedy has woken up with a persistent cough. So now I'm on even more of a lockdown. Feeling fine so far.
Blondiejude

Post by Blondiejude »

😂morning! This title is useful as I genuinely had to think what day it was this morning.

Today holds home schooling, we’re going to try and do some gardening for fresh air and to make the most of the weather. I’m also going to go for a walk today on my own so I can ramp up the pace (I took S yesterday which was lovely but not really excercise more meandering) then I’ll swap with mr so he can go in the gym (he’s converted his shed, he’s not going to an actual gym)

I think this is going to get harder when the weather gets colder again at the weekend, I might investigate if I have enough in the cupboard to do some baking with S then.
Last edited by Blondiejude on Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:21 am, edited 2 times in total.
sally maclennane

Post by sally maclennane »

One day closer to the weekend :)) As things are so different then!

I'm just drying my hair just now, in an attempt to look half presentable. I have my team daily call,then a webinar about managing while working remotely. And then a one to one - over the phone obvs.

I felt more upbeat yesterday but today I'm back to feeling all DOOM!
Christ on a bendy bus son, don't be such a fucking faff arse
Blondiejude

Post by Blondiejude »

I know Sal! Fridays going to be a bit of an anti climax isn’t it?! I normally love fridays.
Kenickie
Kenneth Attenborough

Post by Kenickie »

Morning! A gym shed is pretty cool.

I should be half way to Lanzarote now. :(

However, I'm going to do an online yoga class this morning with an instructor from my work gym I really like so that's something I guess.
If your back's against the wall, turn around and write on it.
F'Artiste

Post by F'Artiste »

Morning.

The birds were stamping so loudly on the roof at 6.30 that I genuinely thought there was a builder up there :look:.

I started work at 7, but I’ll have to go have a shower in a minute to look presentable for a web conference. I am finding it so hard to stay motivated for work at the moment, despite being very busy.

I’ll make some pizza later, in an attempt to encourage the kids to eat hidden vegetables.
Texaco Shirley

Post by Texaco Shirley »

Morning. For today’s to do list please see Mon-Wed.

I am going for a run later. I will also be dropping off some sunflower seeds (growing competition) on a noticeboard for a couple of other people to collect without actual human interaction.
Turtle Bean

Post by Turtle Bean »

I really need these thread titles, I just said to Zirk that I didn't know what day it was.

Morning. It's another beautiful day. I'm going to get my washing done. The work VPN is still only available for people doing vital work which isn't me so workwise a couple of conference calls is all I have.

I need to get up but me and Storm are having a lovely cuddle. He keeps gently patting my face.
Demelza

Post by Demelza »

Morning! It is getting very difficult to keep track of what day it is. It's a beautiful day here again; I'm going to try to get some proper work done and help D with some school stuff. We're going to search the garage late for seed trays and hopefully seeds; there's also a pile of book in there for the charity shop that I need to list as my neighbour is going to start up a book exchange in her front garden.

It's lovely that Storm is patting your face, Turtle – my cat woke me up this morning by lying across my pillow and sticking his claws into my hair as his biscuit bowl was empty.
sally maclennane

I'm jealous of the nice weather, its grey and murky here :verm:
wendy james

Post by wendy james »

HELLO! GOOD MORNING! :perky:

The weekend is still something to look forward to for me. I can log off work and do stuff with the girls that P doesn't have the skills or inclination to do. I've just booked next Friday off work so I get a run of 3 x 4 day weeks.

One of the Y4 school mums FB messaged me yesterday to ask if she could help as she'd walked the dog past our house and seen my warning poster to delivery people about our self-isolation. We're lucky that we don't need the help, but I thought that was dead nice of her. Especially as our last FB messaging had been Christmas 2018 when she was moaning about her daughter still believing in FC and my daughter allegedly shattering that illusion. :lol:
Shoe

Post by Shoe »

sally maclennane wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:50 am I'm jealous of the nice weather, its grey and murky here :verm:
It's rubbish, isn't it. I"ve had to find a lamp for my 'desk'.

I am also glad of the day reminder, I am totally losing track.
Marth
Location: London - but not by the sea. Nowhere near it in fact.

Post by Marth »

Hello, lovely chums.

I've been waking up abut midnight then being awake for hours before going back to sleep. I'm a bit all over the place now because of that. I'm working, but contemplating breakfast. I'm also squeezed in to leisure trousers that were a loose fit this time last year.

Later I might do another workout. Yesterday I did the 15 min Fitness Blender one and mowed my lawn. Today I have terrible doms!
Malan
Jupiter

Post by Jupiter »

Morning! Today holds trying to keep a toddler entertained and away from E while he works. I'm also waiting to hear if I've been shortlisted for a job.

It's a bit dull here now but the sun is trying to come out so we will definitely hang out in the garden later.
sally maclennane

wendy james wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:54 am
The weekend is still something to look forward to for me. I can log off work and do stuff with the girls that P doesn't have the skills or inclination to do. I've just booked next Friday off work so I get a run of 3 x 4 day weeks.
I have done the same for next Friday :))
smalex

Post by smalex »

I'm really trying to make the weekends still feel nice (mainly through: not working, and eating and drinking). WHen I was on maternity leave what I missed the most was a real sense of a weekend.
Cerise

Post by Cerise »

Saturday and Sunday are going to be GLORIOUS with no school work to do!