Home Working Set Up

absley

Re: Home Working Set Up

Post by absley »

SunnyMum wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 2:23 pm Oh, Heebs, I'm jealous of your chair!
Me too! D's lot refused to let him bring his chair home and he's so grumpy about that.

We're dividing our time between the dining table in the lounge and the study. I ordered tall legs for my desk last week so we can also alternate sitting (at the dining table, on a chair or the ball) or standing. I've got a balance board on order as well, to help with the standing.

Below is the study.
emma_p

Post by emma_p »

I’d just sorted out my study and S has commandeered it :verm: I’m not working but it has really annoyed me. Between cooking from scratch, homeschooling, cleaning, trying to shop for groceries and essentials I have literally no time for myself.
Last edited by emma_p on Wed Mar 25, 2020 4:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Derek Nimmo

Post by Derek Nimmo »

I saw that on Instagram Abs, such a good idea! (And very elegant looking too.)
Ella77

Post by Ella77 »

emma_p wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 4:16 pm I’d just sorted out my study and S has commandeered it :verm: I’m not working but it has really annoyed me. Between cooking from scratch, homeschooling, cleaning, trying to shop for groceries and essentials I have literally no time for myself.
Tell him he can’t, then!

I like that, absley.
absley

Post by absley »

Thanks, I do love its flexibility as it's also our spare room so v easily collapsible and storable. It's from Master & Master, a Czech company who I think are great - reasonable prices, quick service and nice products.
emma_p

Post by emma_p »

Ella77 wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 4:22 pm
emma_p wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 4:16 pm I’d just sorted out my study and S has commandeered it :verm: I’m not working but it has really annoyed me. Between cooking from scratch, homeschooling, cleaning, trying to shop for groceries and essentials I have literally no time for myself.
Tell him he can’t, then!

I like that, absley.
He is actually working though. So it makes sense that he is in the most practical space to do it.
Rosa

Post by Rosa »

I love seeing these!

Here's my home working space. We had a desk built in between the kitchen and sitting room, and I did wonder how much use it would get. Little did I know.
Dandelion

Post by Dandelion »

Our folding desk arrived and I love my space in the living room window. I need a jug of daffodils on the window sill but I need a better excuse to visit the supermarket than that!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Toast
Delboy

Post by Toast »

All I have retained from this thread is Chick’s Sharpies :hbeat:

The coat cupboard is a great idea, Rebs. I had to do some voiceover stuff while I was staying in a really noisy hotel a while ago and ended up doing it from the closet with a load of pillows and spare duvets!
Derek Nimmo

Post by Derek Nimmo »

That's very cute Dande.

Yours is beautiful Rosa, but I worry about your laptop screen being far too low for you :panic:
wendy james

Post by wendy james »

Texaco Shirley wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 9:38 pm
Derek Nimmo wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 8:08 pm Yes,, but that was permanent stuff Wendy, this is makeshift and make do.
*deletespost*
:lol:

I just meant I posted mine recently. Here it is again though!
Jet

Post by Jet »

Here is mine and my view. I had to wash the window today as it was driving me mad.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Half-ten?! Half-ten?! I've never been up at half-ten! What happens?
bramblerose

Post by bramblerose »

I love looking at other peoples's houses :love:

Here's us, ready for tomorrow. Gannet has the laptop and he'll have another screen tomorrow when he starts work. Everything will be moved to the end of the table each day as we don't have the room to keep it all up and I want to keep some kind of normality by eating at the table.
Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either, just fuck off and leave me alone.
SunnyMum

Post by SunnyMum »

Derek Nimmo wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 5:34 pm That's very cute Dande.

Yours is beautiful Rosa, but I worry about your laptop screen being far too low for you :panic:
Mine is too low but I can't see a way around it. Work lent me the laptop in a bit of an emergency and it is all I've got. I don't have a keyboard I can plug in.
Rosa

Post by Rosa »

It is a bit, Derek, but I've an adjustable riser on the way!
Livilla

Post by Livilla »

Rosa I love your desk! :love:

Ella will doubtless be pleased to hear that I have the actual study and Mr L the makeshift one we hastily sorted in the corner of the living room ;)
Last edited by Livilla on Thu Mar 26, 2020 2:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Livilla

Post by Livilla »

I have hastily changed photos of my desk as I realised if you zoomed in you could see what was on my screen! :lol:
Last edited by Livilla on Thu Mar 26, 2020 2:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Derek Nimmo

Post by Derek Nimmo »

Rosa wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 12:54 pm It is a bit, Derek, but I've an adjustable riser on the way!
Pleased to hear it!

Sunny, are there no more deliveries where you are, or do amazon find it difficult to find your place at the best of times? My emergency wired keyboard and wireless mouse from there are my saviours.
Derek Nimmo

Post by Derek Nimmo »

It may be makeshift, but it's still very stylish Liv :flirt:
SunnyMum

Post by SunnyMum »

Derek Nimmo wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 2:02 pm
Rosa wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 12:54 pm It is a bit, Derek, but I've an adjustable riser on the way!
Pleased to hear it!

Sunny, are there no more deliveries where you are, or do amazon find it difficult to find your place at the best of times? My emergency wired keyboard and wireless mouse from there are my saviours.
LOL! Amazon can't find us! (UPS does sometimes) Little Old Ladies looking for olive oil find us, but not Amazon. I also boycott them, but if I were sure they'd deliver AND sure work would reimbourse me I might try (my guilt would be diluted by the fact that it was a work enforced purchase).
I'll enquire next week with work to see what they're willing to cough up.