Feeding TMT

viggy

Re: Feeding TMT

Post by viggy »

This whole experience is making me reflect on just how much butter and cheese one adult and one seven year old can get through when they are stuck at home 24/7.
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

My delivery on Monday is getting smaller each time I check on it. Yesterday they removed my eggs, today my dairy box. And I'm due a fishbox today, with extras, that I'm really reliant on, and just had the usual knock at the door at the usual time from the usual man...and he just had a parcel for my neighbour and nothing in the van for me. I've had a dispatch email so it was sent, but it looks like it's gone missing/been stolen somewhere along the way. I guess they could be running another van at the moment maybe? I hope so. Fucking hell, I thought I was as organised with this as I could be but the best laid plans...
Protected by the ejaculation of serpents
Morganna

Post by Morganna »

that's a nuisance, Goat. I hope it was a mistake and they send the rest of the order soon.

I have got a Sainsbury's order coming on Sunday :frolic:

They emailed this morning to say that they were releasing slots to delivery pass holders after the vulnerable ones had been taken. It was strange doing the order. There is a three item limit, which meant that I couldn't have the quantities of some things that I would usually order, but equally, I didn't want to order anything I don't really need (and then, of course, the order has to be for more than £40). I ended up paying a lot more than my usual shop, for what seems to be very little, but the prices don't seem to have gone up. The only obvious luxury was 2 tubs of Hagen Daaz ice cream, in case we need something to cool us down if we get a fever, and some alcohol free wine (I know how to live!). After that, it was mostly breakfast things (bacon, croissants, cereal etc). We'll see what turns out to be in stock, though.

A friend of mine has just left half a spelt loaf on my step, which was so lovely of her. She lives alone and says it would go to waste, butI don't believe her - she could have frozen it.
ParisGal

Post by ParisGal »

My shopping has been more expensive too, I don't understand why as I've not bought any meat either :(
Ella77

Post by Ella77 »

Prices have definitely gone up.

Sorry about your order, Goat. It’s worrying.
Flora Poste

Post by Flora Poste »

Despite not spending on anything leisure related for a couple of weeks now, I don't seem to have any more money and have spent a tonne on groceries.

I'm hoping I'll see some benefits next month when a couple of my usual DDs are paused (yoga membership, swimming lessons).
H1ppychick

Post by H1ppychick »

I made what was supposed to be cottage cheese fritters for lunch, but ended up taking more of a hash / bubble & squeak approach to frying the mixture as the individual fritters wouldn’t hold together. Tasty though. I had them/it with a couple of leaves of iceberg, a radish, some raw carrot and cucumber slices.
Ella77

Post by Ella77 »

Ella77 wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 9:18 pm Hah. Ah :)). I took a look at their Instagram page, and there are tons of people asking how long their orders will take. They’re not being very good at engaging with people over that, but I expect they’re flat out.
I’ve had an email this afternoon saying that they’re utterly slammed with orders, and mine is scheduled for Wednesday 1st April. I’m just grateful they’re going to bring me anything, frankly. Assuming it might be another 10 days after that at least, I might order another one soon (?).
Jet

Post by Jet »

viggy wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 10:09 am This whole experience is making me reflect on just how much butter and cheese one adult and one seven year old can get through when they are stuck at home 24/7.
This on so many levels. For us it's cereal, milk, cheese and bread. I do have some more bread and milk now but L ate all my good cheddar and we haven't been able to buy any of our usual cereal. And now I'm home with the boys alone I'm not running by stores during the day (because I can trust S to be sensible but not L).
Half-ten?! Half-ten?! I've never been up at half-ten! What happens?
Jet

Post by Jet »

I did just order a delivery (only being offered this week) of brit food, so I've just eaten a hot cross bun and have meat pies and sausage rolls as well :love: She dropped at at my door and waved from the appropriate distance while our delivering food with her wee baby in tow.
Half-ten?! Half-ten?! I've never been up at half-ten! What happens?
Topcat

Post by Topcat »

I need to start getting my head around this delivery stuff if I'm going to eat.

Yay.
kiwi

Post by kiwi »

Aw TC, I was just going to link you up to Philps pasties by post. They were open last week but looks like they're closing now for a bit. :cry:
Topcat

Post by Topcat »

:sad:
Ella77

Post by Ella77 »

There can be quite a long lead time, so you might want to start sooner rather than later.

My cheese was delivered this evening. Thanks again for the recommendation, nince. We’re not running on fumes yet but we don’t have a huge amount of food otherwise. A few days’ worth, maybe. (More than many, I know.)
Loralei

Post by Loralei »

Topcat wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:29 pm I need to start getting my head around this delivery stuff if I'm going to eat.

Yay.
Contact the supermarkets and get on a vulnerable people list, if you haven't already. It's your best chance of getting delivery slots.
Texaco Shirley

Post by Texaco Shirley »

Topcat wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:53 pm:sad:
I think Jack Horners sausage rolls are still delivering if that’s any help.
Topcat

Post by Topcat »

Cheers chaps.

I'll get on to it all tomorrow, it shouldn't be too difficult to sort out I'm sure. :lol: it does seem a bit weird getting my shopping this way for some reason.
Marth
Location: London - but not by the sea. Nowhere near it in fact.

Post by Marth »

I've just got my mum a couple of Tesco delivery slots for next week and the week after. That is Dorset if it helps anyone. Nothing here in London, but I have a Sainsbury's order coming on Monday.
Malan
happyhighlandcoo

Post by happyhighlandcoo »

TC, definitely get on the vulnerable list. My mum had to confirm they've had "the letter" then you are added to the list and delivery slots magically appear within 24 hours.

I have an order coming today from Sainsbury's. I wasn't going to do one as we can walk there and I thought others needed them more but I kept looking yesterday and there were slots available all day today so I decided at 6pm that I wouldn't be taking someone's slot and they'd just be "wasted" Walking to Sainsbury's is OK but it would add to the crowds inside/outside and when we walk it is then lots to carry.

Now just fingers crossed for not too many substitutions.
Ella77

Post by Ella77 »

That sounds very sensible, hhc. Marth, I’m glad you’ve got food for your mum sorted.