Oh Yes, it is Friday.

Marth
Location: London - but not by the sea. Nowhere near it in fact.

Oh Yes, it is Friday.

Post by Marth »

Morning.

The week seemed to go so slowly. So much so that I thought it was Thursday today, but have just realised it is FRIDAY! :perky:

I will be very pleased not to do my day job for a few days (I also have Monday off as a Flexi day. I was supposed to be down south with the bloke, then because of travelling he was going to drive up and we were going to repair my fences (all blew down in the storm), but then we all need to stay put :( )
Anyway I hope fences will arrive tomorrow (and the parts to erect it on Saturday) and me and SB1 are going to attempt to erect them this weekend. That's going to be funny as we are both a bit feeble.

I've been up since 2.30am so I might have a quick nap and start work late. In fact I might do that now, Night all :))
Malan
Ella77

Re: Oh Yes, it is Friday.

Post by Ella77 »

Morning. I’m sorry about your missed plans, but at least you have a project for the weekend.

We’re about to go for our morning walk. It’s colder than it was, so I might don full hiking gear :)).
Marth

Post by Marth »

Ella77 wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 6:44 am Morning. I’m sorry about your missed plans, but at least you have a project for the weekend.

We’re about to go for our morning walk. It’s colder than it was, so I might don full hiking gear :)).
I think that's a good idea. I'm going to have a quick walk around the block. It is cold!
Malan
Kenickie
Kenneth Attenborough

Post by Kenickie »

Morning! Sorry sir your trip and lack of sleep.

Good luck with the erection this weekend!

I'm quite tired. I've had horrible dreams all night which hasn't helped.
If your back's against the wall, turn around and write on it.
Marth

Post by Marth »

Kenickie wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 6:55 am Morning! Sorry sir your trip and lack of sleep.

Good luck with the erection this weekend!

I'm quite tired. I've had horrible dreams all night which hasn't helped.
That's grim, Ken. I've been having the weirdest anxiety dreams lately.

My walk was lovely. There is frost on the roofs! The park was locked, but that's just because it's early I think.
Malan
smalex

Post by smalex »

It's going to get quite cold over the weekend I think, which is a shame. Morning all.

I am running the gauntlet and going to the shop(s) - I'll go to the butcher and greengrocer as normal (they're next door to one another) and then the main supermarket. I hope I don't need to queue in each but I probably will.

Otherwise, same new same new. Hopefully some exercise later.
indigo

Post by indigo »

Morning! Friday! It's beautiful and fresh out there and the air is so clear. WFH today and then I'm looking forward to the weekend.

On an unrelated note, the sofa broke last night whilst we were sitting in it. It did a sad little creak and then collapsed on one side. :lol:
smalex

Post by smalex »

Oh Digs :lol: Not ideal right now....
indigo

Post by indigo »

Indeed. Oh well, I've propped it up with books and the cover will, well, cover it. :lol:
Estrella

Post by Estrella »

Oh, no, Digs!

I hope you and Marth get some rest, Ken.

It’s been a weird day. I did an anxious cry when I got to work and then my Exec Director did too. But I feel a lot better after a chat with her.

It was also the kids last day at school for I don’t know how long. Officially next week is a pupil free week, then it’s two weeks of holidays and I have no idea if they’re going back after Easter. I’m classified as an essential worker so in theory they should still be able to go. But who knows how things will look after the weekend, let alone in three weeks?
smalex

Post by smalex »

I'm sorry for the kids Est. As I splurged everywhere, I found last friday (last day of school) absolutely awful.I hope you're ok.
Bat Macdui

Post by Bat Macdui »

indigo wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 7:55 am On an unrelated note, the sofa broke last night whilst we were sitting in it. It did a sad little creak and then collapsed on one side. :lol:
This, following Ken's erection, has made this a double snigger thread already. :))

Morning. I am being glared at by pigeons who want breakfast. :lg: Entitled bastards. I swear they've all moved here now there's no more dropped Greggs pasties to be had in town.
Estrella

Post by Estrella »

Thanks, Smal.
happyhighlandcoo

Post by happyhighlandcoo »

:lol: I said the exact same thing to Mr Coo about the pigeons and Greggs :))

Sorry about your sofa, digs.

I can't wait to get today done. Teaching using a phone and online has reminded me of all the reasons I didn't want a job in an office. It has been torture being on my laptop and phone all week rather than having human contact. I'm also pissed off at a colleague who was a wanker in an email last night so I emailed her back with an angry response and complained to my boss so I'm waiting to see the fallout of that.

On the upside, we're having pizza and wine this evening which I'm looking forward to hugely.
Teasel

Post by Teasel »

Oops indigo!! Est, I hope you're OK. It's so strange not knowing when they'll be back in school.

Attempting to work from home today while also getting N to do school work :mog: Gin will be needed later!
Cerise

Post by Cerise »

Bat Macdui wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 8:19 am
indigo wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 7:55 am On an unrelated note, the sofa broke last night whilst we were sitting in it. It did a sad little creak and then collapsed on one side. :lol:
This, following Ken's erection, has made this a double snigger thread already. :))
Or just you! :dotty:

Hmm, what shall I do today? Stay home!
Ella77

Post by Ella77 »

It’s so beautiful out there, isn’t it, Marth? There was a lovely, hazy sunrise and so many birds.
bramblerose

Post by bramblerose »

erections and broken sofas :))

Work this morning then I shall do some ironing.

Later I think we are going to combine our daily exercise (cycling) and order a take out curry which we'll pick up on the way home unless they can deliver in which case we'll go for a walk instead.
Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either, just fuck off and leave me alone.
Skips

Post by Skips »

Morning all. I am very tired and am struggling to get going. I need to take Lucy out before I log on at 8:30.
Marth

Post by Marth »

Ella77 wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 8:36 am It’s so beautiful out there, isn’t it, Marth? There was a lovely, hazy sunrise and so many birds.
It's so lovely. I normally wear earphones everywhere, but I've stopped so I can hear the birds.

It's not that nice to walk around here if the parks are not open. Just residential streets with a faint hum of the North Circular. The park was shut anyway but I wouldn't want to walk around on my own early, so I had a energetic walk up and down streets, looking at the rainbows in the windows.
Malan